Hi Guys and Gals;

I've had a Berry for a very long time, off and on - mostly ON

Even when most of my friends and business colleagues had one here in the U.S., none of my contacts asked me to BBM nor did I ask them. It was simply something we never did. I remember about five years ago a friend and colleague showed me how to BBM and told me how awesome it was. So he and I BBM'd for a bit, until he switched to an Android. That was my sole BBM for a while until a colleague of mine told me about 2 years ago that he did not pay for texting on his Berry and could not do text. I had to show him how to BBM so I could message him. Now he is the sole BBM contact for me and since he's a remote colleague, I maybe BBM him once a quarter at most. My Niece has a Berry, and she did not even know it has "BBM" until I tried to show her that, but she said she will just stick with texting since that is what she did with all her friends.

I think in the U.S., many of us Berry Buddies just never embraced BBM for whatever reason. Text was too convenient, and you could text anyone, unlike BBM that was tied to Berry.

How about the rest of us in the U.S. Was BBM every a big part of your contact list? Do you still BBM a lot or have you always used Text messaging as the primary message contact?
    03-24-13 09:54 AM
    I still have a lot of friends with BBM, but the majority are android/iPhone users so I have to use sms/whatsapp (now up to 5 contacs for whatsapp) to talk to them.
    03-24-13 09:57 AM
    I BBM around the world from Canada, if I used text it would cost a fortune, I text very little. I have a simple low cost plan, not even data although BBM is a form of Data it is covered in the plan, I very seldom use my phone for voice.... BBM gets me voice now but it seems very few use it. My home based voip gets me NAmerica voice and Skype gets me voice to UK quite cheaply. I do get the Odd text from a computer.
    03-24-13 10:00 AM
    I agree. I have used BBM a few times over the years with other employees but with email and texting being available, I really didn't see the need to use BBM.
    03-24-13 10:00 AM
    BBM is instant.. and the delivered and read receipts become extremely addictive and are very informative for communication purposes. Then you add file sharing, groups, calendar sharing, lists, etc. and now screen sharing, video chat.. bbm is an amazing unparalleled platform. Other knock offs really don't come close.

I find it really grows on you.. at the beginning when I first got my Bold I wouldn't use it as much and wouldn't see the potential, but with time it grew on me more and more till you realize what an amazing communications tool it is, and conclude that you would communicate through bbm over anything given the chance.

Now I have my z10 and it doesn't disappoint.
    03-24-13 11:27 AM
    I have about 50 contacts on BBM.. great for not just texting, but broadcasting, voice over wifi, video chat over wifi/cell (on z10 onlys), file transferring, etc.
    03-24-13 11:34 AM
    At one time, I had around 50 contacts in my BBM contact list. Along with that, I had another 20 or so SMS contacts added to the BBM contact list as well (since you could communicate to them through the same interface on BB5/6/7). I rarely ever opened up the texting app on my Bold, since all of my contacts were inside BBM.

I'm down to around ten people in my contact list. Hopefully, as the Z10 gains popularity, that number will grow again.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:41 AM