Hey,

So I've never ever used a BlackBerry except from calling a taxi on a Pearl, I used it for about 1 minute, but I didn't want to let it go.

I'm currently using a Sony Ericsson K800i, on Pay as you Go and I'm spending roughly <�40 a month on texts on O2 Unlimited... it's pretty bad! So I decided to go contract.

At first I looked at the iPhone, I guess it's the popular choice to go for, but I've heard alot of good things about BB phones.

I honestly don't know much about them, I know that they can use Windows Live Messenger (big point for me), used for emails, browsing, etc.

O2 have a few good deals with 600 minutes, and 1000 texts for �35 a month, now this is the part I'm confused about... I could get unlimited texts, with BlackBerry Pay as you Use, or stick to the 1000 texts and get 'BlackBerry Unlimited UK' which says free unlimited data, does this mean I'll be able to email/Live Messenger/Browse as much as I like?

Also if someone could give me a little more info on the BlackBerry it'd help alot, and any recommendations on which to get. I've got my eye on the Bold - looks awesome!

Cheers
    01-31-09 07:19 PM
    Well i would HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting a BB. I have had my Curve 8330 for almost 2 months now and am so ADDICTED that i got my second BB, a 8830WE. There are so many awesome points about BB's i cant even begin to start. Push Email is HUGE for me, as i do a lot of emailing, both incoming and outgoing. There are tons and tons of different apps and programs for BB's. My brother has the original iphone and he loves it but i wouldnt be able to deal with a touch screen keyboard. Having a full QWERTY cant be beat. Also the iphone CANNOT cut and paste which is also critical for me. It all comes down to preference but like i said i would def go with a Blackberry. To answer your question about the "Blackberry Unlimited", yes that means you can Instant message and Browse the web all you want per month. As for phone i would highly recommend the Bold 9000. I sell cell phones for a living and the Bold is literally one of the top 3 best devices i have ever used and i have used a lot of them lol. Im not sure if O2 has the new 8900 Curve but you might wanna check that out also, its another amazing new device. I hope i helped answer some of your questions and look forward to you joining us in our addiction!!
    01-31-09 07:32 PM
    Well i would HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting a BB. I have had my Curve 8330 for almost 2 months now and am so ADDICTED that i got my second BB, a 8830WE. There are so many awesome points about BB's i cant even begin to start. Push Email is HUGE for me, as i do a lot of emailing, both incoming and outgoing. There are tons and tons of different apps and programs for BB's. My brother has the original iphone and he loves it but i wouldnt be able to deal with a touch screen keyboard. Having a full QWERTY cant be beat. Also the iphone CANNOT cut and paste which is also critical for me. It all comes down to preference but like i said i would def go with a Blackberry. To answer your question about the "Blackberry Unlimited", yes that means you can Instant message and Browse the web all you want per month. As for phone i would highly recommend the Bold 9000. I sell cell phones for a living and the Bold is literally one of the top 3 best devices i have ever used and i have used a lot of them lol. Im not sure if O2 has the new 8900 Curve but you might wanna check that out also, its another amazing new device. I hope i helped answer some of your questions and look forward to you joining us in our addiction!!
    Thanks for the fast reply!

Yeah they do the Curve too, it looks like a nice phone, except not a fan of the silver around it! Guessing these two phones can do roughly the same thing yeah?
    Thanks for clearing up the BlackBerry Unlimited! I'm pretty sure 1000 texts a month will be more than enough!
    Think the BB Bold is going to definately be the one for me, also had a look at the Flip which looks pretty nice - but read a few reviews which weren't too great!
    So, with this BB unlimited, I wouldn't have to pay for sending/receiving emails? What about sending pictures through email? Also, would sending emails count towards my monthly text limit? Probably a stupid question!
    01-31-09 07:36 PM
    You won't be disappointed with any bb purchase you make...amazing devices.
    01-31-09 07:47 PM
    Get a BlackBerry ... Can't go wrong with one. They're fantastic phones. I have a Curve 8330 and absolutely love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 08:55 PM
    You won't be disappointed with any bb purchase you make...amazing devices.
    high five!
    01-31-09 09:09 PM
    I am going to echo what everyone else says. Go for it! BBs are great devices.
    01-31-09 09:14 PM
    This is my first BB and I love it. Very addicting!!!
    01-31-09 09:15 PM
    Not to interrupt this lovefest, there are a few things you need to
    consider:

Cost: To get the most out of any BB a data plan of some sort will
    be required.

Device Specs: Specifically memory. Every BlackBerry on the
    market have truly atrocious device memory. This will impose
    a few limits on you as a user.

3rd party apps: Compared to other devices, there is not a great
    deal of 3rd party apps.

than most other like kind devices.

If you can get past that, then yes, get a BB. If not you may be
    better served looking elsewhere. Just trying to add a bit of
    objectivity to this discussion.
    01-31-09 09:22 PM
    Not to interrupt this lovefest, there are a few things you need to
    consider:

Cost: To get the most out of any BB a data plan of some sort will
    be required.

Device Specs: Specifically memory. Every BlackBerry on the
    market have truly atrocious device memory. This will impose
    a few limits on you as a user.

3rd party apps: Compared to other devices, there is not a great
    deal of 3rd party apps.

than most other like kind devices.

If you can get past that, then yes, get a BB. If not you may be
    better served looking elsewhere. Just trying to add a bit of
    objectivity to this discussion.
    I completely agree with you .......
    but with a lil modification A blackberry can be a very powerful device
    01-31-09 09:38 PM
    get a curve, you'll love it
    01-31-09 09:39 PM
    Go for it!! Go to the carrier and play with the different models and see what you like best! I am almost sure it will be a blackberry the on mystery.... Which will you choose?
    01-31-09 10:18 PM
    [QUOTE=SYLiam;1552025]Thanks for the fast reply!

Yeah they do the Curve too, it looks like a nice phone, except not a fan of the silver around it! QUOTE]

Unless I missed something here, the one with the silver around it is the Bold not the Curve.
    01-31-09 11:46 PM
    The thing I don't like about the iPhone is that most of the time you have to use two hands because of the touch screen. Small issue to some, but for me it is big. My boyfriend loves his though and it can do a lot of cool things. So can a blackberry.
    02-01-09 05:42 AM
    Blackberry is the way to go !
    02-01-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD