hi, has anyone else been experiencing problems with their network, rim or carrier?

since last week i have been having problems sending/receiving im's, texts, emails and accessing the internet. i also keep going from edge to gsm to sos.

first i thought it was just me and called tech, after 45 mins and the problems continuing they said there was a network outage in nevada and utah probably affecting me. ok fine but days later the problems persist.

a number of people at work have been having the same problem. we all have at&t and t-mo and are not setup through work, they are personal phones.

my friend has t-mobile and she has been experienceing the same problems. I can't find anything online to help explain what's going on.

has anyone else been experiencing these problems??
    11-03-08 01:04 PM
    I have had the same problem last couple of days here in the northern part of Massachussettes. ug. BB8320 with TMobile
    11-03-08 01:35 PM
    I'm also in AZ, T-Mo, Curve 8320...

Same issues as OP... including IM lag (or just not sending at all), lag in email being delivered to my BB from Hotmail (or at least, more lag than usual hahaha), inability to connect to the internet from a link in email (error said Insufficient Network Coverage to complete this request, try again later), Viigo unable to update, unable to log on to Windows Live Msngr, etc. Completely lost the network last night and couldn't even make a phone call!

The IM lag started earlier in the weekend, but didn't get bad until yesterday... so it doesn't seem that the whole network is down, just some things, randomly.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr...

It seems to be ok right now... about an hour ago a few IMs came through that people had sent hours ago, an email, and a missed call/VM. I'm just hoping that whatever issue is affecting us has been cleared up and won't be back anytime soon.
    11-03-08 02:47 PM
    No problems with Sprint in Texas, that I've experienced.
    Surfing net and downloading ok. Texting and calling ok.

Email server is in California...things seem to be coming through fine there too.
    11-03-08 02:53 PM
    I live in Montreal and last week I had the same problem and I am with Virgin mobile. All seems OK now.
    11-03-08 02:58 PM
    Well, whatever this mystery outage we were experience was... it appears it is fixed, for the most part. I still have some IM lags... sometimes a battery pull solves it, sometimes not. I guess those are just to be expected occasionally though.
    11-05-08 02:35 PM
    I had some issues with T-Mobile coverage once -- always getting the lowercase signals (edge / uma). Called Customer Care. They resent service books, turned on BlackBerry Feature Enabler, and now I'm with uppercase service signals (EDGE / UMA). Hope this helps.
    11-05-08 02:49 PM
    I had some issues with T-Mobile coverage once -- always getting the lowercase signals (edge / uma). Called Customer Care. They resent service books, turned on BlackBerry Feature Enabler, and now I'm with uppercase service signals (EDGE / UMA). Hope this helps.
    Wow, you really do learn something new every day... I guess I had noticed that the signals were sometimes uppercase, sometimes lowercase... I never thought anything of it, assuming it was theme related or something.

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely be following it!
    11-05-08 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD