Has anyone else heard that Nemory Studios is working hard on a WhatsApp client so BB10 users can go on using WA after the fatal date?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 12:10 PM
    This is not going to happen.

Via Pasta CB10
    07-03-16 12:20 PM
    Would be much appreciated if it works reliably.
    Can't stand the idea of losing WA in my Hub...

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-03-16 12:20 PM
    I've read they are!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 12:25 PM
    This is not going to happen.

Via Pasta CB10
    Why?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 12:26 PM
    Why because of Face10 and Inst10?

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-03-16 12:33 PM
    Only first-party clients will work with WhatsApp, especially now that the full encryption system is in place.
    07-03-16 12:36 PM
    Is it at least possible to get full Hub integration for the Android version of WA?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 12:50 PM
    Why?

Posted via CB10
    Because Whatsapp doesn't use a plainly visible API that even the lowliest of coders can reverse engineer.
    07-03-16 03:26 PM
    NOTICE:

Nemory's first description of what he is doing with Whats10 is only using web.whatsapp.com.
    This will mean you still need a second device with an active WhatsApp connection, and it is not a stand-alone replacement.

BlackBerry 10, CB10 signed.
    07-03-16 03:50 PM
    He is making/made a web wrapper app that won't have all the features of the client app because its web.
    07-03-16 04:41 PM
    That's if it's released, he tells me the performance isn't what he hoped at the moment
    07-03-16 04:42 PM
    At least it's something!

:-D

 Z-Lider hasn't come, it ain't no Z and it don't score 10! ;-D 
    07-03-16 07:26 PM
    Mods please tag the thread title.
    07-03-16 08:05 PM
    another whatsapp update in BB world was released today 4th july..... independence day? xD
    gbahr1 and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-04-16 08:14 AM
    This will mean you still need a second device with an active WhatsApp connection, and it is not a stand-alone replacement.
    Wouldn't that be a first device, considering Whatsapp Web is dependent on a phone installation, i.e. you can't have Web without phone?

And then wouldn't that make whatever he's doing...pointless?
    07-04-16 12:51 PM
    Is whatsapp going to stop pushing out updates for BB10 devices or are they going to completely scrap it from BB10 so it'll be unusable? Because with the updates on BB10 so far I'd say whatsapp should be usable for a few years without an update needed after December, considering that there are still many active users running older versions of WhatsApp still all over the world.

Posted via CB10
    lindathadeus likes this.
    07-04-16 11:52 PM
    Wouldn't that be a first device, considering Whatsapp Web is dependent on a phone installation, i.e. you can't have Web without phone?

And then wouldn't that make whatever he's doing...pointless?
    Exactly

It is kinda pointless imo
    Why not just use the device that has the actual Whatsapp on it for Whatsapp? You gotta wield double devices just for one app.

Is whatsapp going to stop pushing out updates for BB10 devices or are they going to completely scrap it from BB10 so it'll be unusable? Because with the updates on BB10 so far I'd say whatsapp should be usable for a few years without an update needed after December, considering that there are still many active users running older versions of WhatsApp still all over the world.

Posted via CB10
    It'll stop connecting with the server some time (could be a week, could be days) after the set date that support ends. Security measures.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-04-16 11:57 PM
    If whatsapp just stopped pushing updates, I would have no reason not to be happy. But a copule of days ago, I got a notification that said, I would not be able to use whatsapp after 31-Dec-2016 and asked me to switch to a supported phoneNemory working on a WhatsApp Client for BB10-wa-bb.jpg
    07-05-16 12:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    They're going to kill access for BB10 devices on the server end is my understanding. I don't fully understand why they wouldn't just announce an end to supporting BB10 and let the app continue to work. But hey, that's corporate for ya. I don't use WhatsApp, but it sucks for those that do, they'll have to switch to another platform if it's that important to them.
    07-05-16 12:51 AM
    They're going to kill access for BB10 devices on the server end is my understanding. I don't fully understand why they wouldn't just announce an end to supporting BB10 and let the app continue to work. But hey, that's corporate for ya. I don't use WhatsApp, but it sucks for those that do, they'll have to switch to another platform if it's that important to them.
    I don't see what's the big deal with WhatsApp either. I just have it because my family in India all use it so I connect with them. BBM is so much better but I guess BBM is dead in India these days..

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 04:44 AM
    I don't see what's the big deal with WhatsApp either. I just have it because my family in India all use it so I connect with them. BBM is so much better but I guess BBM is dead in India these days..

Posted via CB10
    It's easy to use, it's free and it's cross platform, with WhatsApp I can contact people on loads of platforms (Android, IOS, Windows Phone, BB, Symbian, Nokia cheapo series, Sailfish ect ect), on BBM I can use 4 (probably 3 if they kill the Windows)

And I don't see how BBM is so much better..
    It uses more data,
    I have to keep my damn phone online if I want to send a picture (whatsapp just uploads it and off I go),
    BBM has annoying adverts and stupid spam invitations, I was getting them without even adding anyone a contact and joining any channels/ groups
    07-05-16 10:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's kinda the whole KEY to a successful IM... allowing you to communicate with the ones you really need to communicate with.

Cross platform BBM in 2010... might have been huge. But a very, very buggy cross platform BBM in 2014 was too late to capture enough of the market to make much of a difference in more than just a few markets still using older phones.

Is interesting the Indonesian held on where India moved on.... probably has to do with India having better carrier networks.
    07-05-16 11:06 AM
    NOTICE:

Nemory's first description of what he is doing with Whats10 is only using web.whatsapp.com.

BlackBerry 10, CB10 signed.
    Could that second device be the android app running on the same phone?
    07-05-16 11:15 AM
    Third party clients are simply not happening. WhatsApp is very uptight about there security through obscurity model.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1478

We used to base our code on this for a webOS client. Worked well until protocol changed weekly.
    tollfeeder likes this.
    07-05-16 11:22 AM
32 12