I am getting tired of these idiots..

RIMM: No QWERTY BB10 Device Until June, Analyst Says - Forbes

RIMM: No QWERTY BB10 Device Until June, Analyst Says
    + Comment now
    If you�re waiting for new devices to spark a rebound in Research In Motion�s financial performance, you�re going to have to wait. And wait.

RIM has said it will unveil its first BlackBerry 10-based devices on January 30. But Boston-based research firm Detwiler Fenton asserted in a research note this morning that the first touch-screen BB10 phone won�t appear in the U.S. until March � and that the QWERTY keyboard version won�t debut until June.

�RIM�s stock has been on a tear recently thanks to a number of upgrades and optimism surrounding its upcoming BB10 platform,� the firm writes in a note to clients. �However, as we dig a little deeper, there appears to be a few issues that could set up for some disappointing numbers in the 2013 first half.�

Detwiler asserts that they �understand� that the QWERTY deice won�t debut until June.
    AT&T and T-Mobile are not expected to launch BB10 devices until March, the firm says.
    Verizon and Sprint are targeting a May debut, the repot contends.
    �Therefore, it is possible RIMM�s February quarter may only see a very small number of BB10 sales with the May quarter also coming in light due to limited QWERTY keyboard shipments and limited shipments to Sprint and Verizon,� Detwiler writers. �It�s our opinion RIM will ship approximately 400,000 BB10 units in the February quarter and 2.2 million to 2.5 million units in the May quarter. While this is clearly a North American / developed market view, we think this is the right way to look at the 2013 first half because the initial BB10 handsets are higher end and not targeted for emerging markets.�

Detwiler says the reasons for the delayed QWERTY launch are not clear, but that it will be �a serious problem for RIMM in its efforts to stop the bleeding and stabilize the business�we simply don�t see much of an upgrade cycle for RIMM from its legacy QWERTY devices to full touch screen devices.�

The research firm adds that they are skeptical about how much success RIMM will have in the consumer sector given competitive threats from Samsung, Apple and Microsoft � a lack of interest from developers. �Our checks with major application developers indicate there is limited interest in the platform with it ranking 4th in priority among the major operating systems,� Detwiler contends.

RIMM is unchanged at $11.94.
    12-06-12 02:55 PM
    Quit blaming Forbes. It's shooting the messenger.

Analysts publish reports. It's what they're paid to do. We have no indication of what information this particular analyst has, it's source, or it's actual relation to reality.
    avt123, mikeo007, howarmat and 3 others like this.
    12-06-12 02:59 PM
    I really hope I don't have to wait until March .
    12-06-12 03:03 PM
    I am sick of these analyst who make up stories. These clowns are the only people in the world who can and have been proven wrong again and again and again and again and again and still have a job. Who would believe an analyst after the dot.com bubble? All those clowns have been proven wrong over and over. I still remember hearing Analysts screaming like wild animals to buy Nortel at $120 since it was going to $200....screaming from the top of their lungs to buy Enron or whatever the scam of the day was. When you do your own DD you quickly understand analysts have a VESTED interest short or long a stock and will NEVER tell you the truth. When you do your own DD you can see how many times they lie , distort and misinform. Why the market would even care what these morons have to say goes against logic and reason. If they really know how to pick stocks they wouldn't work for someone.
    12-06-12 03:16 PM
    You're right, but this guy Eric Savitz has posted many negative articles about RIM...
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    12-06-12 03:19 PM
    "Verizon and Sprint are targeting a May [ 2013 ] debut".

As long as the Device comes onto the stage loaded for Grizzly Bear it will be fine.....
    ...If there is No Skype & No Neflix RIM should have just bowed out of North America and beefed up their market in the third world.
    ...And stuck with liquid graphics, their current BBM and different levels of service.
    12-06-12 03:24 PM
    There is a big difference between "not available" and "not available on specific carriers". Just because various US carriers may launch in march/april/may does not mean the phones are not available. There's no mention of canadian or european carriers, or the possibility of buying unlocked devices from Rim.

Also, i find it hilarious when analysts assert that dev's are not interested when we've seen a very different response from dev's themselves. You can argue big developers vs one man teams, but at the end of the day a dev is a dev. Until such time as an analysts reveals which developer(s) they've talked to who show no interest, im going to choose to believe what i've seen with my own eyes at the BBJam events.

On a side not, i wonder if anything happens to the credibility of these analysts if/when BB10 devices are released in feb?

...If there is No Skype & No Neflix RIM should have just bowed out of North America and beefed up their market in the third world.
    Please stop making idiotic assertions. While i agree that a lack of skype and netflix (skype more than netflix) will be cause for criticism and more bad press, no one who wants to buy a bb10 device will reconsider based on solely those apps. It's not going to be the straw that broke the camels back, not at this stage of the game. Sure, you may have some people who watch netflix on thier phones and others who use their phones to skype, and they might go for a different device. But that number is in the thousands at most, not the millions that will eventually define a successful launch.

I use skype on a daily basis, and i'd love to have it on my phone, but it wont keep me from getting a new bb10 device. Similarly, ALL my friends own non-bb devices and NONE OF THEM use them to watch netflix or skype. In fact even the ones that have netflix accounts dont use thier phones for it. So stop acting like skype and netflix are the only 2 apps in the world that people care about.
    Last edited by Knightcrawler; 12-06-12 at 03:40 PM.
    12-06-12 03:28 PM
    this calls for a fact check..........
    sk8er_tor and Bobcat665 like this.
    12-06-12 03:30 PM
    RIM has said it will unveil its first BlackBerry 10-based devices on January 30. But Toronto-based research firm Mr. freeturth asserted in a research note this morning that it is believed the first touch-screen BB10 phone will appear in the U.S. and Canada in February– and that the QWERTY keyboard version will debut until March.

“RIM’s stock has been on the rise as to a number of upgrades and optimism surrounding its upcoming BB10 platform from analysts , dev's and carriers,” the firm writes in a note to clients. “ it appears that RIM is grossly undervalued and well below book value of $18 and so we believe RIM will see more upside in the share price til launch"

bla bla bla bla bla abl but you get the point these morons can write up anything .
    12-06-12 03:50 PM
    It's very important that RIM gets the N series out ASAP. Hopefully this report is wrong.
    12-06-12 04:06 PM

RIMM: No QWERTY BB10 Device Until June, Analyst Says
    + Comment now
    If you’re waiting for new devices to spark a rebound in Research In Motion‘s financial performance, you’re going to have to wait. And wait.
    RIM doesn't have to response to this kind of article. All RIM have to do is make sure the QWERTY device available on Jan 30th and silence these critics on a high note. Only RIM can prove them wrong.

The research firm adds that they are skeptical about how much success RIMM will have in the consumer sector given competitive threats from Samsung, Apple and Microsoft – a lack of interest from developers. “Our checks with major application developers indicate there is limited interest in the platform with it ranking 4th in priority among the major operating systems,” Detwiler contends..
    Very interesting. Could be true; however, I'd like to know which major application developers beside SKYPE. I'm not forgetting Netflix. They'll see the light soon. Hopefully, RIM will come out with a bang on Jan 30th.
    12-06-12 04:36 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...forbes-756543/

So which is it? Negativity or Positivity? Lol..you guys being mad (or getting excited) at bloggers and analysts is what's really funny..
    12-06-12 05:03 PM
    May release for VZW and Sprint? Wow I hope that isn't the case. My contract is up and I can't wait that long. I'm surprised I've kept my current device for a year, it's time for an upgrade.

All 4 major carriers should release the device(s) on the same day. May is way too far away (6 more months). Too many other new devices will be out by then. Let's not forget the probable iPhone announcement the month after.
    12-06-12 05:15 PM
    Quit blaming Forbes. It's shooting the messenger.
    Well, the author (who loves to bash RIM) is acting as though an analyst's guess is a 'fact'.
    12-06-12 05:29 PM
    RIM doesn't have to response to this kind of article. All RIM have to do is make sure the QWERTY device available on Jan 30th and silence these critics on a high note. Only RIM can prove them wrong.

Very interesting. Could be true; however, I'd like to know which major application developers beside SKYPE. I'm not forgetting Netflix. They'll see the light soon. Hopefully, RIM will come out with a bang on Jan 30th.
    it wont be "available" on the 30th. It will be demoed but not available for sale
    Rickroller likes this.
    12-06-12 05:34 PM
    Not looking good for RIM if this guy has his facts straight...
    12-06-12 05:46 PM
    Please stop making idiotic assertions. While i agree that a lack of skype and netflix (skype more than netflix) will be cause for criticism and more bad press, no one who wants to buy a bb10 device will reconsider based on solely those apps.
    Look, the majority of people who WERE using a Blackberry left for IOS or Droid.....
    ...What is left now on Blackberry is the MINORITY - Does RIM want to appeal to what's left of it's vaporizing market segment?
    ...Or would the company be better served to start appealing to the MAJORITY of those customers who left?

I work in a job where I talk to lots of people, I set up MS Exchange and POP email accounts on phones as part of my job.....
    ....EVERY Chance I get to talk to people about BB10 and what I like about my 9930 I take.
    .....What I'm getting back from the MAJORITY of people who left blackberry is this.

"Blackberry is simply outdated, it's old school, can't use Skype or Netflix", etc, etc, etc.......
    ...When the first question after I show someone my Playbook is 'what does Netflix look like on it'.
    ...That should tell you where WE ( as in us that don't want to see RIM fail in North America ) are.

The last people RIM should listen to for directing what BB10 needs to have or does not need is the hard-core rapidly shrinking MINORITY of people still using BB devices - they need to focus on the people who left and WHY - the market says Netflix and Skype are must have apps.

I've used Netflix ONCE on my iphone for about 15 minutes - for me I don't think it's a big deal......
    ...The perception of the majority of people today don't see it that way - they will see it as another confirmation that RIM is outdated and still CAN'T do what everyone else can and if they can't do that then certainly there will be MORE that it can't do. - and THAT's what RIM needs to worry about - not what you and I ( the minority think ).
    12-06-12 06:15 PM

Also, i find it hilarious when analysts assert that dev's are not interested when we've seen a very different response from dev's themselves. You can argue big developers vs one man teams, but at the end of the day a dev is a dev.
    The article says "major application developers", which would be the BIG ones, not a bunch of mom and pop'ers building solitaire and clock apps hoping for the 10K promise.. Judging from what RIM has shown us so far as to who the "big names" on board are, it's looking pretty slim thus far.
    12-06-12 06:16 PM
    Anyone remember the analyst was who back in Oct who said we would not arrive until March?

These phones have been in the carriers hands for some time now and it's going to take Verizon and Sprint all this time to get the phones? Don't see it and were it true I would be very interested to hear why. Are the CDMA radios that much harder to get right for BB10?

For me it all doesn't matter and in fact would make it easier. I don't have an upgrade until May anyway and if there is a delay I won't have to watch friends show me the great new BB while I was going to wait on the QWERTY or Aristo anyway. If the above is true I will have an easier time of it.
    12-06-12 06:43 PM
    @Pythons I wanted to like your post but for some reason that is not possible at the mom the like button not showing for your post.

What makes a phone world class? IMHO it means anything you want to do on your phone, you can. I am not speaking of the differences between the OS native stuff, that is a matter of personal choice and you opt in where you feel most comfortable. What I mean is an app is released it's generally released on iPhone and Android together, or a quick time after one another. BB has been months later if at all.

I want BB10 to be what BB4 and BB5 was and that is, when I see something and say I would like to add that to my smart phone, I can go into BlackBerry World and get it. EOS. No more compromises.
    Moon_Juice likes this.
    12-06-12 06:50 PM
    not one word this person has said seems to be true, more then one executive has said the phones will be out shortly after launch date depending on carrier...

we already had one analyst say March based on their research, RIM announces launch date and all of a sudden he's positive about BB10... these "big" companies he spoke to should be revealed since they aren't gonna develop or have lil interest no?

Also i dont see a problem with chips since they did acquire paratek which a lot people forget about

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    12-06-12 06:51 PM
    I personally have never heard of a phone being announced and not being available on one or several of the carriers until 3 or 4 months later. I am on the Big Red, and it seems that whenever a new cell debuts, they always get it almost immediately afterwards. Not saying that it can not happen, but in my 10 yrs with Verizon I have not seen this. It would be very disappointing to see and hear advertisements and then for a phone not to come out many months later. IF that is the case, they may as well push the Jan 30th announcement off until these phones are readily available for purchase. Think of all of the money that would be wasted if their "Coming Soon" meant 3 or 4 months later. IF RIM is doing everything right thus far, this would be a major disappointment to many. I am sure it would not be RIM's fault for a delay, as it would be carrier blamed, but that would leave a bad taste in MANY peoples mouths, if they were to find this to be true. At this point, I think I would even start to lose a lot of interest in this phone. 3 or 4 months carrier delay would mean there would be many more phones being hyped up and released, and then it would be so much for RIM having something out that was ahead of it's time and many phones would begin capitalizing on RIM's ideas and concepts and would surpass them for sure at that point
    hobbyboy#CB likes this.
    12-06-12 06:57 PM
    @Pythons I wanted to like your post but for some reason that is not possible at the mom the like button not showing for your post.

What makes a phone world class? IMHO it means anything you want to do on your phone, you can. I am not speaking of the differences between the OS native stuff, that is a matter of personal choice and you opt in where you feel most comfortable. What I mean is an app is released it's generally released on iPhone and Android together, or a quick time after one another. BB has been months later if at all.

I want BB10 to be what BB4 and BB5 was and that is, when I see something and say I would like to add that to my smart phone, I can go into BlackBerry World and get it. EOS. No more compromises.
    We are on the same page! Truth is I have hardly any apps and they are not that important to me for what I do.....
    ...I need my native password safe, a good camera and the other basic stuff.
    ...As we both know that doesn't cut it for the the majority of people in the market in North America.

Those folks want to do EXACTLY what you said you wanted to do and THAT is exactly what RIM needs to do.......
    ...What the traditional trend for RIM apologetists has been is to claim if you want to do X, Y or Z.
    ....Then bring your DSLR camera, OR your real computer, OR your t.v.
    ....The majority of people however didn't do that - they bought an iphone or a Droid.

Until the average RIM apologetist gets this concept into their head and processes it they are not helping RIM at all......
    ....They continue to foster the culture that allowed RIM to sink to where it is now.
    ....And at the risk of pissing some people off I intend to keep ******** about THIS specific issue.
    ....I don't want to see RIM fail and am willing to spend my own time for nothing trying to help keep RIM from checking out.
    randall2580 and Drew808 like this.
    12-06-12 07:01 PM
    There is a big difference between "not available" and "not available on specific carriers". Just because various US carriers may launch in march/april/may does not mean the phones are not available. There's no mention of canadian or european carriers, or the possibility of buying unlocked devices from Rim.

Also, i find it hilarious when analysts assert that dev's are not interested when we've seen a very different response from dev's themselves. You can argue big developers vs one man teams, but at the end of the day a dev is a dev. Until such time as an analysts reveals which developer(s) they've talked to who show no interest, im going to choose to believe what i've seen with my own eyes at the BBJam events.

On a side not, i wonder if anything happens to the credibility of these analysts if/when BB10 devices are released in feb?

Please stop making idiotic assertions. While i agree that a lack of skype and netflix (skype more than netflix) will be cause for criticism and more bad press, no one who wants to buy a bb10 device will reconsider based on solely those apps. It's not going to be the straw that broke the camels back, not at this stage of the game. Sure, you may have some people who watch netflix on thier phones and others who use their phones to skype, and they might go for a different device. But that number is in the thousands at most, not the millions that will eventually define a successful launch.

I use skype on a daily basis, and i'd love to have it on my phone, but it wont keep me from getting a new bb10 device. Similarly, ALL my friends own non-bb devices and NONE OF THEM use them to watch netflix or skype. In fact even the ones that have netflix accounts dont use thier phones for it. So stop acting like skype and netflix are the only 2 apps in the world that people care about.
    Have never used Skype or netflix ever...never will.....but really don't want to wait till spring for a bb10
    12-06-12 07:02 PM
    Perhaps my Google skills are simply lacking so before you flame understand that i am well aware I could be totally wrong on this but, has there been any confirmation as to which markets/continents/countries will be included in the "global launch" or how long the rollout will take?

Is it just assumed that every market that currently has access to BlackBerry will be able to purchase BB10 on the same "yet to be announced" date of availability or is there already proof of this and I just can't find it?

As illogical as it may seem I have to think its entirely possible that BB10 may be available in other markets for a number of weeks before its available in the US or Canada.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-06-12 07:51 PM
62 123