I'm looking to pickup a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition. And there always statements about the need for two handed use, and for the most part I'm fine with that. Mostly because I always compose communications two handed , even using a Z10.
    But I want to know with the larger processor in the Passport, wouldn't the functionality of the BlackBerry Assistant performance improve.

Reason being: Using verbal commands to answer or respond to calls, emails, texts, and even dictation, should greatly minimize the need to touch the device at all (for example : while driving or hands are full and utilizing a Bluetooth headset).
    Or does the BlackBerry Assistant still require additional updates to be able to sufficiently perform those tasks seamlessly?
    Does anyone have any experience with this issue, that would help?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KNEBB; 03-28-16 at 09:06 PM.
    03-28-16 05:17 PM
    Some may argue this but I would say BB Assistant is software limited rather than hardware limited and I've found that the performance is no better on my PP than on my Z30 and Z10. Unfortunately Assistant still needs further improvement and likely won't be getting it.
    With the above noted the PP will outperform your Z10 in all other respects....except single-hand use!
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-28-16 05:54 PM
    The SE isn't the problem.

I still have little luck with Assistant and agree with the post above. The problem is software rather that hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    03-28-16 06:01 PM
    Some may argue this but I would say BB Assistant is software limited rather than hardware limited and I've found that the performance is no better on my PP than on my Z30 and Z10. Unfortunately Assistant still needs further improvement and likely won't be getting it.
    With the above noted the PP will outperform your Z10 in all other respects....except single-hand use!
    I totally agree with this assessment of BB Assistant. I honestly don't rely on it to any great extent.
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    03-28-16 06:17 PM
    I use my passport one handed often... voice to text is better on my passport than my priv

Posted via CB10
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    03-28-16 06:18 PM
    BlackBerry Assistant is the same [somewhat inconsistent] across every BB10 device I've used it on. Sometimes I've actually turned off "full assistance" in settings for a much faster and more reliable voice command system since I primarily only used it to make phone calls while driving for which the limited functionality worked fine.
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    03-28-16 06:30 PM
    Thanks for your help, I was crossing my fingers that a more powerful Processor would add to the performance or that the last few updates would help.
    I would like to see the Passport truly live up to it's full potential. And an update to the Assistant software would help a bunch.

But it's still a great device and hopefully the upcoming updates will further augment the performance. .

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KNEBB; 03-30-16 at 08:15 AM.
    03-28-16 09:45 PM