I like my 8520 curve a lot. But I'll be upgrading this year. I'm much faster (typist etc) and the curve can't keep up. Ha! Seriously. Plus I need a more sophisticated calendar - the simple graphics for the curve calendar is outdated.

Anyone have a suggestion for a new phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 09:15 PM
    The latest and greatest Bold 9700!
    02-15-10 09:19 PM
    you are asking a blackberry forum to recommend another non blackberry phone? i assume this since the OS cant keep up with you and you dont like the calendar.

why not goto your carriers local store and browse the other phones they offer.
    02-15-10 09:20 PM
    you are asking a blackberry forum to recommend another non blackberry phone? i assume this since the OS cant keep up with you and you dont like the calendar.

why not goto your carriers local store and browse the other phones they offer.
    +1.there are plethora of other devices.try and then buy.
    02-15-10 11:29 PM
    I don't think the OP indicated anywhere that they were looking for a non-blackberry device.

There's always upgrading to a 8900 series Curve (most curve owners are pretty loyal, and I know a couple Curve users who are lightning quick typing on their devices), Or the Bold 9700. Dunno that it'll help with your issue with the way the appearance of the calendar though, unless with upgrading your BB you're stepping up to OS 5.0 from an older version.
    02-15-10 11:36 PM
    considering the device was "slow" and couldnt keep up with his typing, and he doesnt like the calendar interface, i assumed he wanted another kind of phone.

i just dont understand why people come here asking what phone they should get. theres really no way for other people to tell what kind of person you are or what you need out of a device. get up, get out and get a hands on with the phones themselves and determine what may be right for you.
    02-15-10 11:44 PM
    The only way for you to tell what is best for you is to visit some wireless stores and try the various devices. See which device is easiest for you to type on and check out the calendar interfaces for each device.

If the calendar is the issue, you might also want to check into apps for various devices. There might be a calendar app that you like.
    02-15-10 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD