I think I am ready to do the whole BT thing. But I need something that will work for my specific application. A little history: my 4G iPod will not hold a charge, the clickwheel seems damaged and the iPod Shuffle is best for the gym. So lately I have been using my Bold as my mp3 player. My use will be almost exclusively at the pool (85%) and in the gym (15% cardio only).

Requirements: Stereo headset. Will not fry under sweaty conditions. Will be able to play music and take calls. I hate putting the Bold up to my ear to take a call when my head is covered in sweat. So as you can tell, will not fry with sweat/water is the most important criteria. The typical use will be the Bold in a bag next to the chair or under the chair at the pool. When in the gym, it will sit on the display of the elliptical.

At first I thought of the S9 and was looking at buying one, but after reading reviews it seems they might last me a month or less given my use. I have seen the reviews on the JayBird JB-200 and think that one looks promising. Are there any other choices that will work for my typical use? Or is the JayBird the best option out there?
    06-21-09 08:15 AM
    Jabra 8010. check amazon.com got mine for 35 bucks. Best and loudest BT stereo headset I have tried. I went through 11 BT headstes looking for the right one.
    8010 also has screen with programmable caller id. Not just numbers like blueant v12.
    06-23-09 04:43 PM
    Hadn't heard of that model. Will have to have a look at that one. Thanks man.
    06-23-09 10:27 PM
    I just found one on eBay for 35 and bought it...hope it works as good as you say it does. I'm sure it will.
    06-25-09 09:00 PM
    I just found one on eBay for 35 and bought it...hope it works as good as you say it does. I'm sure it will.
    I am confident people will like the 8010. It's also the only BT headset I found that you can update firmware and program from the PC. Be sure to check jabra's support site for the software..
    06-27-09 12:28 PM
    I have the S9 and it works great.
    06-28-09 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD