Evening,

So I had my blackberry 8310 in my pocket this afternoon while I was in my tree stand hunting, and I felt it vibrate. When I pulled it out of my pocket, the screen was black, and the keyboard is totally dead. The phone is on, because it vibrated again on me during this evening, but once again...nothing. When I plug it in to the charger, my screen comes on for about two seconds, then goes back out. I can not type in my security pin, and have already pulled the battery (and SIM card) on the phone several times and let it sit. This phone has given me NO problems until today, and I've had it well over a year.

Anyone heard of this before? I can't find anything on the net about it.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    11-10-09 09:25 PM
    Has your phone gotten wet? Or been dropped? Or been sparked by static electricity? It sounds like something has damaged the phone.
    11-10-09 09:48 PM
    No damage that I am aware of...I have a plastic/rubber cover over it for drops and things...and I have never had any problems carrying it in my pocket before, so I can't assume static electricity.

However, I am still very concerned...
    11-10-09 10:40 PM
    Jeff, new update. I just plugged in my charger, and was able to get to the "unlock, emergency call, cancel" menu on the trackball...but was unable to select anything.

The phone is functional, its just almost like its locked up or something.
    11-10-09 10:48 PM
    You can try wiping your phone with JL_Cmdr and reloading your OS. The instructions can be found in the "how to recover a dead BlackBerry" thread in the How To and FAQ Forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 11:06 PM
    Is that my only option? LoL, I apologize for my ignorance.
    11-10-09 11:13 PM
    Something has thoroughly scrambled the phone's OS. Since a battery pull didn't recover the phone, wiping and reloading is your only option. I hope you have a current backup of your personal info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 11:26 PM
    Its either a OS issue or phone has really been damaged somewhow.
    11-11-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD