Alright, so I bought a blackberry curve 9300 from rogers in December of last year, on boxing day to be more precise, and I got a special plan set up, all that jazz, and now my Curve broke, the screen won't work, nothing, so I've been looking for a new phone, and since I'll be upgrading soon enough, I thought, well, I'll buy a bold or a torch... so I started looking into getting unlocked ones, but I can't afford to spend $200-$300 for a new phone right now ... so I'm going to go to rogers tomorrow, and try to work something out, I read that threatening to terminate your contract will get you a bit farther, so what could I do to get a free/cheaper bold or torch? Could I say something like, "I'm not very happy with the curve, and I've had a lot of trouble with it, and I really want a bb torch, so I might switch to Telus or Bell and take their offers ." Type of thing? would that work? Thank you.
    Last edited by AnthonyRoberto; 08-14-11 at 06:51 PM.
    08-14-11 06:46 PM
    Tony, what is wrong with the screen? You can send to BB and et it fixed
    08-14-11 07:06 PM
    I dropped it in water, haha, white screen, nothing responds :/, and I know I could, but I thought I'd try to get a new phone while I have an excuse to do so
    08-14-11 07:13 PM
    Worst case scenario is you pay the early upgrade fee.

More info:
    What You Want When You Want It: Upgrade Early with Rogers | Rogers RedBoard

So, $15 p/month left on your contract. If you got it in Dec 2010, that's a lot to pay for early upgrading.

Why not just have it replaced by Rogers? You have warranty service on the phone with them. They will send you a refurbished or new 9300 and while it wont be one of the 'new' OS7 phones, at least you aren't forking out loads in fees.

I know that's tough as I was looking to break my contract with Rogers and go to Telus but it would cost me $500 so I'll stick with them for another year or so at least to bring the fee down (Early cancellation is $25 month, not $15) before jumping ship.

Or... another option. Get Rogers to replace your broken down 9300 and when you get the new one, sell it (it's yours you own it) and put the proceeds towards a new OS7 device. Hopefully they send you a new one and then you can sell it as a new device and maybe get more money than a refurb or used unit. The new devices are at least $550 plus tax but if you can get $250 ish for your 9300, that will help a bit.
    08-14-11 07:19 PM
    I don't need a new torch or bold, not an OS7 device, just like, the torch 1 or the bold 9700
    08-14-11 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD