Greetings, All:

I was hoping you can offer me so expertise help and advice.

I currently have a Blackberry Curve 8310 which I am using.

I've got my email also going to my curve, using the BIS service from Rogers.

I just picked up an Unlocked Blackberry 8820 off of a guy on Craigslist.

I want to start using it - but I'm a little skeptical that it might not be a legit blackberry - so my question to you is:

If I insert my SIM card, and begin to use the phone, and go to my BIS service website and change the device from my curve to the 8820, is there anyway that my Wireless Provider or RIM can track the device if it is indeed a stolen device?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Mysterry
    11-24-07 01:05 PM
    If it's lost or stolen it may not even work. It also may be traceable to your sim card and they'll know who's using the device. Why did you buy it if you suspect it's stolen?
    11-24-07 07:33 PM
    Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I bought it because the price seemed fairly reasonable - but I'm having some doubts about the device.

I did manage to connect the 8820 to my own Wifi - but I'm still yet hesitate to insert my own SIM card and begin to use it as a regular phone.

If the device is traceable back to my SIM card, I need to know forsure before I insert it.

I just want to make sure....

Thanks for your message, and if you or any other techies know the answer to this, it would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks.
    11-25-07 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD