I posted in the iPhone forum on this site and received one response to my query. One in.....six hours? Which I thought a little bit odd.

Here's what I wrote:

I upgraded to a Blackberry Bold (my first Blackberry) this past Tuesday and I must admit, I love the thing.

Of course, I have thirty days from this past Tuesday to trade it in for anything else I want, and the new iPhone is very tempting (or maybe it's the hype surrounding it), but I have a couple of questions that I want clarification on:

1.) Is it true that you aren't able to save email attachments (with the exception of pictures) on the iPhone? (and by save, I mean actually save an .mp3, or doc, or whatever to the physical drive, not moving a message to another folder on your different email accounts, etc.)

2.) Is there a jail break application, or anything anyone can do to add the attach function to the email interface? I know you can go to the photo album, and attach a picture via that method, but, not being able to attach files via the usual method really is a big deal to me.

3.) How's the battery life? On my current phone with a day (8 hours) of heavy usage (texting, emailing, listening to music) I have a little less than half charge left, which is one of the main reasons I adore it.

4.) How's the call quality? I've heard it's questionable on the iPhone but I live in Dallas, so I don't think network coverage should be an issue. Does that make a difference?

Please, do not take this as me bashing the iPhone. It is indeed a phenomenal device, and its multimedia functions and touch screen interface are second to none, but I'd really like to have the above questions answered so I can make a truly informed decision.

Thanks in advance.

Judging from the lack of responses, I'm going to assume the answers to my questions are this:

1.) No, you can't save attachments.

2.) No, you can't attach files via the email interface under any circumstance.

3.) Battery life is questionable.

4.) No one has any idea.

My question to everyone out there is: How is not being able to save an mp3 or doc or pdf from an email to your phone's drive NOT totally, unbelievably frustrating? And not being able to attach files via the email interface? Are all the bells and whistles really worth it? I guess that is more than one question, but responses will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    06-20-09 10:50 PM
    Well, I can't answer your questions cause I won't touch an IPhoney. I just wanted to say that you probably didn't get any responses cause this is "Crackberry," not "Crapberry!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 10:58 PM
    Heh. Well, I posted in the iPhone section of the Crackberry forums, and I figured I would get some input, but no go.
    06-20-09 11:00 PM
    If there's no solid responses here by tonight, bump it sometime mid-day tomorrow and somebody should be able to answer your questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 11:03 PM
    Thanks very much.
    06-20-09 11:06 PM
    Looks like there will be no replies on this thread, either..
    06-21-09 01:26 AM
    My guess would be because a lot of people may not have had experience with the iphone and is most likely why they are not replying.

Not sure if you have looked but are they possibly other iphone forums outside cb? Just asking if you've checked that out since you are searching for an answer in a timely manner, or so it seems.

Only thing I know is someone on my twitter was saying with minimal use, their battery still drained quite a bit; I would imagine it to be somewhat similar to an ipod. And the only other thing I know is no pic messaging. (and not sure if there was an update to relieve that)
    06-21-09 01:53 AM
    kaioken, PM sent.
    06-21-09 02:04 AM
    You know, strangley enough, I posted on a couple of iPhone forums (other than the one provided here on crackberry), and have yet to receive a responses there, either. I think I may have touched a nerve.
    06-21-09 02:17 AM
    But, regardless, I think I've made my decision, and I'm gonna stick with the Bold. It is the best phone I've ever owned. To consummate the marriage, I'im gonna go out and buy a 16GB card tomorrow.
    06-21-09 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD