I've had my phone about 2 months.
    I immediately download that desktop software the phone came with.
    I have tmobile.
    I get the phone. I get the way to use it. I feel I have a lot to learn.
    But since day One, any download that I have attempted...has never
    ever succeeded!! I tried to download free sudoku and texas hold'em from somewhere....it was supposed to download to my computer and then i was to upload it....yea i never got it to work.
    since then I really never attempted it again until i got used to the device more.
    well I wanted to download the software from crackberry.com--the christmas day theme.... got half way through (free trial directly to my bb) and it cancelled it and said there was an error.
    I tried opening one thread that may have my answers but it just isn't loading either!

I just don't get the downloading to the phone. I've read and read but can't get it done. and its' really starting to get to me! Can anyone help me? Or maybe simplify things?
    11-19-07 11:09 PM
    Are you attempting to download through the BB Browser or are you attempting to install through Desktop Manager?
    11-19-07 11:13 PM
    BB browser. I am not sure if i have mastered how to use the desktop manager yet. i just updated my software.
    11-19-07 11:45 PM
    too make matters worse. i just downloaded upgraded whatever it is i needed to upgrade at tmobile.com/bbupgrade and i lost everything. including all contacts all settings, music and every last photo pf my daughter before and after her hand surgery :O( I am upset. i dont even know what this phone is doing? or whats going on. I have to re-install and go through the whole setting up my 4 emails etc......when the phone finally came to, everything was wiped clean
    11-20-07 12:00 AM
    The App Loader should have showed you options to backup/restore your data. It's checked by default. Did you leave the option checked for backup and restore of the data? If so, you should have a file on your computer somewhere called "Loaderbackup-(11-19-2007).ipd" Do a search for *.ipd and see if you can find it. You can use the Backup/Restore feature to restore that file.
    11-20-07 12:34 AM
    JohnClark you are my hero and favorite CB user right now!!!!!!

I see the file, and we are restoring.

I did also learn that the theme i was trying to place on my phone isnt compatible with the 8100! so that solves that. now i just have to figure out how to download ONE thing to my phone....to get the hang of it!

But thank you. I hope I didn't sound ridiculous but I do appreciate the help!
    11-20-07 12:43 AM
    Themes need to be compatible with your device and the version of the OS your device is currently running.
    11-20-07 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD