China’s Military Linked to Cyberattacks Against America
    China

China Is America’s #1 Cyber Threat: U.S. Govt. Report
    China Is America

I'm wondering if there's a correlation between the popularity of BYOD and rise of these attacks in so many industries. I would also like to speculate that given all these reports, US gov't offices would probably rethink their strategy in deploying mobile devices to users especially with the ones carrying sensitive data. Finally, I'm also wondering and thinking if the delay of US carriers in releasing the Z10 is related to extreme scrutiny requested by the US gov't before they standardized their systems to BB10 again. Remember it is FIPS certified.
    02-19-13 11:22 AM
    This is really creepy especially since everything now a days is made in China.
    02-19-13 11:48 AM
    China’s Military Linked to Cyberattacks Against America
    China

China Is America’s #1 Cyber Threat: U.S. Govt. Report
    China Is America

I'm wondering if there's a correlation between the popularity of BYOD and rise of these attacks in so many industries. I would also like to speculate that given all these reports, US gov't offices would probably rethink their strategy in deploying mobile devices to users especially with the ones carrying sensitive data. Finally, I'm also wondering and thinking if the delay of US carriers in releasing the Z10 is related to extreme scrutiny requested by the US gov't before they standardized their systems to BB10 again. Remember it is FIPS certified.
    I have not read anywhere that the US government is going to go back to Blackberry in droves. I doubt that China is even looking at the US government anymore as they likely stoled all of our classified stuff years ago. They want the large corp stuff like from aircraft hardware builders and power companies. How easy it would be for China to build a small discrete back door bug into all of our computer circuit boards without us even knowing it. We, in the US are like sheep surrounded by wolves. We know they are wolves but we are not doing anything about it!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-19-13 12:02 PM
    That's the unfortunate truth. However, sensitive data needs to be protected or else US will suffer the consequences. I remember reading some theory behind the Nortel debacle. Someone theorized about how the emails of Nortel execs were infiltrated, hacked and went on for a certain period of time, revealing all their future plans and negotiations. Let me do some digging...

was responding to 3hb7.....
    02-19-13 12:10 PM
    I have not read anywhere that the US government is going to go back to Blackberry in droves. I doubt that China is even looking at the US government anymore as they likely stoled all of our classified stuff years ago. They want the large corp stuff like from aircraft hardware builders and power companies. How easy it would be for China to build a small discrete back door bug into all of our computer circuit boards without us even knowing it. We, in the US are like sheep surrounded by wolves. We know they are wolves but we are not doing anything about it!
    All these millions of I-products assembled in China, shipped back to US and allowed to connect to some of the biggest corporations in the world. I'm sure somewhere along the line, someone has thought of the possibility of replacing some of the chips in the production line of these products, and perform certain functions when called upon remotely at a certain time. Like sleeper cells of you know what. It sounds like a conspiracy theory but anything is possible.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-19-13 12:19 PM
    02-19-13 12:35 PM
    That's the unfortunate truth. However, sensitive data needs to be protected or else US will suffer the consequences. I remember reading some theory behind the Nortel debacle. Someone theorized about how the emails of Nortel execs were infiltrated, hacked and went on for a certain period of time, revealing all their future plans and negotiations. Let me do some digging...

was responding to 3hb7.....
    I remember reading about that. I found this this article among others...

Chinese Hackers Suspected in Long-Term Nortel Breach - WSJ.com
    02-19-13 12:39 PM
    Makes your skin crawl just thinking about it even more since they have recently completed their 3rd nuclear test.
    02-19-13 12:42 PM
    Makes your skin crawl just thinking about it even more since they have recently completed their 3rd nuclear test.
    It does in fact make my skin crawl, but that was North Korea that just did that test. Not China.
    02-19-13 12:56 PM
    It does in fact make my skin crawl, but that was North Korea that just did that test. Not China.
    LOL...you're right. Talk about embarrassing. oops.

However, now N. Korea is threatening S. Korea...

http://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-th...123614125.html

North Korea threatened South Korea with "final destruction" during a debate at the United Nations Conference on Disarmament on Tuesday, saying it could take further steps after a nuclear test last week.

"As the saying goes, a new-born puppy knows no fear of a tiger. South Korea's erratic behavior would only herald its final destruction," North Korean diplomat Jon Yong Ryong told the meeting.
    02-19-13 12:59 PM
    And with this, some fresh news .

Apple attacked by hackers: report
    Apple attacked by hackers: report - Yahoo! Finance
    02-19-13 01:01 PM
    Nice to know we still take care of disagreements and differences with total destruction and extinction.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-19-13 01:06 PM
    LOL...you're right. Talk about embarrassing. oops.

However, now N. Korea is threatening S. Korea...

North Korea threatens South with 'final destruction' - Yahoo! News
    I meant no disrespect my friend. I just wanted to ensure that we have all the facts in order. I actually think that China is starting to get a little fed up with NK. I could be wrong, but the more the more they **** off the rest of the world, the more they are putting China in a Precarious Predicament.
    02-19-13 01:12 PM
    I meant no disrespect my friend. I just wanted to ensure that we have all the facts in order. I actually think that China is starting to get a little fed up with NK. I could be wrong, but the more the more they **** off the rest of the world, the more they are putting China in a Precarious Predicament.
    No problem. I read the story that @La Emperor posted about the Apple hack...happy to know that people may finally open their eyes to see that Apple is a fruit and not a God.
    02-19-13 01:32 PM
    Nice to know we still take care of disagreements and differences with total destruction and extinction.
    iOS is better no android is no BB10 is...

kbz1960 likes this.
    02-19-13 01:35 PM
    The US government isnt going to Apple in droves either, at least not any agencies that require security. The DoD, for instance, put out a limited request for proposal for other devices, indicating that it would only move over a few thousand devices and not the tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of BlackBerry devices. BYOD is still a long way off in any security conscious environment, it is too difficult to secure. You will likely see limited BYOD (these 5 devices are approved), or Corporate owned personally enabled COPE (or GOPE) devices. Allow people more freedom with their devices, but maintain the strict security back end. BYOD isnt going away, but it wont be as wide open as people think it will be in the future.
    02-19-13 01:37 PM