I downloaded the program YOUMAIL from crackberry.com and now my desktop says, the applicatiom YOUMAIL has attempted to open a connectiom to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your it policy. I can do nothing with my phone but get calls. I can not remove the program from the desktop manager or anything. I have removed the battery and everything. I need help fast. Can't find a number for crackberry to call them.
    07-19-09 08:07 PM
    greatimes at comcast.net is my e mail
    07-19-09 08:08 PM
    I had YouMail briefly and don't recall any problem removing it when I tired of it. Did you check the YouMail faq on their website?

CrackBerry doesn't provide telephone support for 3rd party apps.
    07-19-09 08:23 PM
    nope I just tryed to remove it with computer software that came with the phone but it will not lit me uncheck the box to remove it
    07-19-09 08:38 PM
    don't see a FAQ on there site
    07-19-09 08:40 PM
    Check the YouMail website. I recall the removal being straightforward; I just don't know the steps. When you signed up, did you get an email that told you how to remove it?
    07-19-09 08:41 PM
    Dial *73 and press SEND. Then just to be safe dial *710 and press SEND. Then speed dial #1. The service should be turned off. You will also need to close you account via youmail.com. Upper right hand side click on my account once logged in, then on the lower right side select close account.

You're Welcome.
    Verizon Wireless Rep.

Make note that we do offer Visual Voice Mail. With visual voice mail for 2.99/mth you have the ability to view all voice messages on your screen. Scroll and listen to the ones you want and delete the ones you do not want. The first month is completely free for trying the service. 92% of customer keep VVM.
    05-22-10 12:03 AM
    Make note that we do offer Visual Voice Mail. With visual voice mail for 2.99/mth you have the ability to view all voice messages on your screen. Scroll and listen to the ones you want and delete the ones you do not want. The first month is completely free for trying the service. 92% of customer keep VVM.
    But you can get the Google Voice app for free, and it has a much more robust feature set, including transcription of voice messages via email and on the app, ability to send & receive SMS messages from your phone the web (without additional SMS charges) and voice message files via email, complete with transcript and MP3 file of the message.

It's >9,000 times better than VVM... and FREE.
    05-22-10 12:48 AM
    But you can get the Google Voice app for free, and it has a much more robust feature set, including transcription of voice messages via email and on the app, ability to send & receive SMS messages from your phone the web (without additional SMS charges) and voice message files via email, complete with transcript and MP3 file of the message.

It's >9,000 times better than VVM... and FREE.
    Agreed GV is the best way by far but getting an invite can be tough. Paying the freight may be a short term solution for those awaiting the GV invite.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD