The trackball on my curve has fallen out and I think is damaged. Another phone on my plan was eligible for upgrade so I bought the Bold and should be receiving it any time today. Can I transfer applications that I purchased with the Curve to the new Bold? Also, what is the procedure in general for activiting the phone and then transferring everything. I am on BES through my office. Can I just plug the phone into my desktop and do it there? Do I activate the phone first? Do I need to do something with the CUrve first?

I need answers fast as I want to do this as soon as the Bold arrives as I am excited to use it!!! Thanks in advance.
    01-07-09 10:40 AM
    As far as I am aware you will need to talk to your sys admin at your office to get the necessary information to activate your BB on your BES. I know that when my dad switched from ha 7xxx brick up to his curve he was cursing his IT staff because they didn't want him on a Curve so they wouldn't give him the activation info.

Good luck with your new phone. I have been considering an upgrade to a bold from my Pearl. But I need to get into a store and play wth one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 10:50 AM
    GRRRR - my bold has not arrived yet and it is 3:18!
    01-07-09 02:18 PM
    My bold finally arrived and I was able to transfer most items from old curve to new bold, including activating corporate email. However, my 3rd party apps did not transfer. I checked the option to have this happen, but it did not. I specifically wanted BBSmart and Scrabble. Any thoughts? When i sync it also now says
    "No applications available for sync"

Thanks for any help.
    01-09-09 09:36 AM
    Did you do through Desktop Manager, Device Switch Wizard??? Just make sure you have your curve available to transfer the apps over!

Charlie
    01-09-09 01:04 PM
    My bold finally arrived and I was able to transfer most items from old curve to new bold, including activating corporate email. However, my 3rd party apps did not transfer. I checked the option to have this happen, but it did not. I specifically wanted BBSmart and Scrabble. Any thoughts? When i sync it also now says
    "No applications available for sync"

Thanks for any help.
    Yayyyy...another Scrabble fan!

But seriously, I'll be watching this thread since I'll be doing the same thing in April, though BIS rather than BES.

Good luck!
    01-09-09 01:43 PM
    well you dont need BBSmart anymore, it didn't transfer mines from my curve either, but the Bold has HTML viewer, and scrabble you might just have to download again, could be because of the higher OS
    01-09-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD