First off let me say I know this is my first post and yes I searched and read and followed all the instructions on how to remove an IT policy and none have worked....

Basically I bought my wife a 8830 we as a temp cause her curve took a swim....

I know this is a known issue with alot of devices purchased from ebay as they are recycled business devices...

anyone care to offer me some help?

8830 we
    os 4.5.0.186
    07-27-10 04:43 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Have a look at this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/. Follow the procedure for OS greater than 4.3 and you can remove the unwanted IT Policy.
    07-27-10 04:49 PM
    I have followed those directions once, but I will try once again and report back to you here.
    07-27-10 04:53 PM
    Make sure that you read the first post in the CrackUtil thread. Pay special attention to installation under Vista and Windows 7.

I know this procedure works. Many have tried it and confirmed it.

If you get stuck please tell me exactly what went wrong and I can probably sort it out with you.
    07-27-10 04:59 PM
    Make sure that you read the first post in the CrackUtil thread. Pay special attention to installation under Vista and Windows 7.

I know this procedure works. Many have tried it and confirmed it.

If you get stuck please tell me exactly what went wrong and I can probably sort it out with you.
    I installed crackutil as admin and run as admin with windows vista.

I just reset the it policy again and am restoring the phone per the instruction...

will update soon
    07-27-10 05:01 PM
    Ok i went to status and typed "buyr" and the it policy seems to be gone but the firewall is still locked..
    07-27-10 05:04 PM
    If the Firewall is still locked then the IT Policy is still active.

Did you run javaloader.exe as Administrator? This is very important.

It is possible that there is the file policy.bin still active on your PC (the phone can put it there) and you need to remove this and the registry entry that points to it.

Lastly, it is just possible that there is an active BES connection to this phone. If the previous owner did not have the phone removed from a corporate BES prior to selling it then the BES system will try to reinstate the IT Policy each time it connects. Is this possible with your phone?

Removing an IT Policy is a careful process. RIM will tell you, if you call them, that IT Policy removal is not possible.
    07-27-10 05:17 PM
    Strangely enough... this time it removed the it policy.

The firewall is still locked but my wife can use her apps, they wouldnt connect to internet before but all seem to be working now.
    07-27-10 05:26 PM
    Good, I am glad something happened.

If you are still stuck, please PM me.

I am in Europe and am going to bed now.
    07-27-10 05:32 PM
    Good, I am glad something happened.

If you are still stuck, please PM me.

I am in Europe and am going to bed now.
    Good Night and Thanks You so much for your help.
    07-27-10 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD