Need info on ability to use 8100 restore files to transfer saved data including contacts to 8900....

Second I'm having a hard time figuring out how to copy contacts to sim automatically when creating new contacts? specifically any 3rd party apps to facilitate....I understand BB cant do it natively
    09-22-09 08:19 PM
    I don't know anything about the second question, I'm on CDMA, and I don't have a SIM.
    To transfer saved data, you need to hook your 8100 up to the desktop manager program and do a backup, after that is done, hook in your 8900 and restore the backed up data onto it.
    09-22-09 08:29 PM
    Or do a Device Switch which will take care of your BBM contacts as well.

If you have 3rd party themes on the 8100, you might want to delete those prior to doing a Device Switch or Backup/Restore. The themes will be transferred over to your 8900, but because they aren't compatible, will show up in your Applications list, but not in your Themes list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 08:35 PM
    thats what I thought but hes reporting that his browser config options among other things has lost certain functions since he restored from the 8100 files......so ......lol
    09-22-09 08:35 PM
    Another way is to wipe the 8900 to start over. Then do an Advanced Restore. Just select the databases you need like Address Book, Messages, BBM, SMS, etc. Skip browser databases, and other "settings" type databases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD