I have installed an 8 gig micro sd memory card and trying to transfer MP3 files from my laptop to my Blackberry Curve and running into some problems. In "Media Manager" if I select "Copy Down" it says there isn't enough memory but the program won't allow me to select or copy down to the media card (which I presume to be my 8gig sd card). It does nothing when I try to select media card. I have already turned on the Mass Storage Mode Support. What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks!!!
    01-23-09 02:57 PM
    MM is not the easiest thing to use. I can' offer advice on using it, but I think the easiest way of accomplishing what you want to do is to drag and drop your songs from your laptop to your BB using Windows Explorer. You BB will show up as a removable drive (this is your SD card). Also, if you have songs in iTunes playlists, you can use BB Media Sync to sync the songs and playlists to your BB. Keep in mind that music purchased from iTunes with DRM will no sync and will not play on your BB.
    01-23-09 03:09 PM
    I did this and Windows said that the card was not formatted - so I went to (in my Blackberry) options, media card, selected menu and then format card and it said the format was successful. But it says there is only 3.4 gig? I have an 8 gig card? What did I do wrong? Is the additional 4.6 gigs gone for good?
    01-23-09 04:37 PM
    I just went through the same thing...formatted my 8 gig card on my device and it says 3.6 gig...wth? The specs on BB.com for the 8310/8320 say it will take up to 8G...anyone, anyone?
    02-02-09 05:24 PM
    each software version ups the ability to take bigger cards... just because you have the 8310, does not mean you can use an 8 gig card... you have to have the correct software version to use it

A microSD media card is a removable flash memory data storage device. When inserted into a BlackBerry smartphone, it can extend the memory available for storing media files such as videos, ring tones, pictures, or songs. The media card is sold separately from the BlackBerry smartphone.

The following table lists BlackBerry Device Software versions and the supported media card size.

BlackBerry Device Software Media Card Size Limit
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2.196 Up to 8 GB per Verizon Release Notes and confirmed by users.
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB

to check which version you have:
    Options>about>3rd line.
    02-02-09 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD