I am having a memory problem with my Pearl... No matter what I do I can not get above 12,000,000 Bytes free. I am sitting at 11787380 Bytes after a battery pull.

I have a 8130 Pearl with Verizon. It has OS 4.5.0.77

The only applications I have on it right now are the following -
    • BB Core Application
    • BB System Software
    • BB Attachment Service
    • BB Messenger
    • Brickbreaker - I like it and will keep it
    • Browser
    • 1 external theme
    • Documents to Go
    • Email Setup Application
    • Google Maps
    • Nintaii
    • Password Keeper
    • Phone
    • Sudoku

I have followed all of the steps here - How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com to include -

Enabled Content Compression, Set Keep Appointments to 15 Days, Deleted the �Help� Application, Deleted the Sample Video, Deleted the Unused Languages, Deleted Pictures, Cleaned Up Browser Cookies and Cache, Reduced Allocated Media Memory, Changed Save Time for Messages, Changed Call Log Options, Removed Unused Apps, and Deleted Old Messages.

Because of this I am anal about closing the apps with menu/close and not just back... nothing seems to work...

Just sitting here typing this, only getting a few SMS messages and hitting a news site I have dropped under 11000000 Bytes.

Can anyone shed some light on what may be causing the problem?
    What are the next steps I can try to resolve this?

Any help is greatly appreciated...
    01-02-09 09:48 PM
    You've about gutted it. Not sure how big those games are. One more thing, from the home screen hold Alt and hit L G L G. Hit menu>clear log. Then menu again>options change log level to debug. Then hit menu>hide all types.
    01-02-09 09:53 PM
    Also do you know how to clear the call log? Messages Alt+P. Delete prior.
    01-02-09 09:54 PM
    You've about gutted it. Not sure how big those games are. One more thing, from the home screen hold Alt and hit L G L G. Hit menu>clear log. Then menu again>options change log level to debug. Then hit menu>hide all types.
    Also do you know how to clear the call log? Messages Alt+P. Delete prior.
    Was not aware of the first log... have been clearing the call log...

Now up to 12,600,000
    01-02-09 09:58 PM
    Only other thing I can think of is see if you have better file free with .89 http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...ht=newest+8130
    01-02-09 10:02 PM
    Only other thing I can think of is see if you have better file free with .89 http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...ht=newest+8130
    Thanks - I might try that tomorrow...
    01-02-09 10:05 PM
    Bump for any other ideas before I try the .89 OS
    01-04-09 09:43 AM
    pltaylor nailed it. most upgrades will fix / tweak the memory. The only other option would be is to use an app like Aerize Card Loader. I had this app on my Pearl 8120 and had over 14 apps on it. It allows you to load and unload software from the media card.
    01-04-09 09:49 AM
    Your phone did not have much memory to start with 48Mb if I remember right.

CDMA OSs seems to need a little more memory than GSM.

I would check that there are no unwanted languages still installed.

After that I would remove your games and the theme just to see how it affects the File Free. You can reduce the time that emails are kept.

Download CrackUtil from my signature and browse the installed files. See if there is anything that looks unwanted.

That's it really.
    01-04-09 09:50 AM
    I have attempted to install .89 with no success. DM says the update was successful but the device still shows .77.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 10:09 AM
    If you are using 4.7 to update, try again with DM 4.6 or 4.5, for some reason, sometimes 4.7 wont recognise some new installs.
    01-07-09 10:25 AM
    4.6 without media manager preferably...
    01-07-09 10:38 AM
    If you are using 4.7 to update, try again with DM 4.6 or 4.5, for some reason, sometimes 4.7 wont recognise some new installs.
    That worked! Many thanks to all who helped. I am at 19,000,000 now and hope this solves my issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 12:28 PM
    Good YW
    01-07-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD