Ok so basically I am trying to get a good working Blackberry torch which would work with my verizon network.or WAS with verizon in the first place.

The issue is that I can't tell which is compatible with the CDMA tech in Verizon or if it used to be on verizons network, a lot of the descriptions say things like gsm or international version and I have no idea what that means.

i want to experience the torch and then get ready for BB10 devices (YAY!) and I want a torch so that way I can not be on a contract and will have a chance to get the high-end BB10 devices cheap on contract instead of having to wait 2 years+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

But what phones are compatible? I don't feel like switching carriers for the 439439439 time, and it's painful work. Thank you!

(P.S. BB phones don't have the tech to be mobile hotspots huh?)
    01-01-13 11:18 PM
    Please help when possible.
    01-01-13 11:43 PM
    But what phones are compatible?
    (P.S. BB phones don't have the tech to be mobile hotspots huh?)
    The only Torch compatible with Verizon is their full touch 9850... and yes, BB phones do have the tech to be mobile hotspots.
    01-02-13 12:05 AM
    The only Torch compatible with Verizon is their full touch 9850... and yes, BB phones do have the tech to be mobile hotspots.
    But does the Torch 9850 have to be verizon branded to work? I hear verizon only activate their phones. Which if possible if someone could point me to an amazon link or a website where it will get snet fast so I can get it to prepare for BB10?

(Also which phones in the BBline can be mobile hotspots? Most comparisons I saw said they can't)
    01-02-13 12:19 AM
    But does the Torch 9850 have to be verizon branded to work? I hear verizon only activate their phones. Which if possible if someone could point me to an amazon link or a website where it will get snet fast so I can get it to prepare for BB10?

(Also which phones in the BBline can be mobile hotspots? Most comparisons I saw said they can't)
    Yes it does.
    http://www.amazon.com/?t=crackberry0...bUvbUpU7818410 is the link you need.
    Any phone running OS7.1 has the Mobile Hotspot feature, provided your carrier/plan allow it.
    01-02-13 12:27 AM
    Yes it does.
    Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more is the link you need.
    Any phone running OS7.1 has the Mobile Hotspot feature, provided your carrier/plan allow it.
    Thats not a link to the Torch page just amazon in general.
    01-02-13 12:44 AM
    If you aren't stuck on a Torch specifically, Gazelles eBay store has a ton of Verizon 9930s
    01-02-13 01:12 AM
    01-02-13 01:28 AM