I have been trying for the past 2 ******** hours to figure out how to create a ringtone in Roxio (w/ the Media Manager). It says to just "right click on the song and click edit w/ quick sound editor...but i can't find the "quick sound editor"..i have read several post where people import music from cd's..and find it..but i am just taking songs i have downloaded already on my computer (which are in My Music file) and just right clicking on them...but there is no option for "quick sound editor. WTF?

Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
    07-18-08 07:35 PM
    What version of Desktop Manager are you using? I think that is only a feature found in version newer than 4.2.
    07-18-08 07:36 PM
    I just got my curve 2 months ago...so i'm thinking it can't be outdated yet...it says "windows version 5.1"
    07-18-08 07:39 PM
    I'm sorry but that's not what I'm looking for. I am asking for the version number for Desktop Manager. Open Desktop manager, then click on Help and About. Right under BlackBerry Desktop Manager it will give the version.
    07-18-08 07:57 PM
    blackberry manager is 4.3.0.17...is that what you were looking for?
    07-18-08 09:05 PM
    My suggestion is to download Audacity. It is a free music editing software. Create your ringtone with it then export it as an mp3 to a folder on your hard drive, then use media manager to transfer it to your blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 09:17 PM
    My suggestion is to download Audacity. It is a free music editing software. Create your ringtone with it then export it as an mp3 to a folder on your hard drive, then use media manager to transfer it to your blackberry.

My suggestion also.
    07-18-08 09:52 PM
    This thread helped me figure it out if you don't want to try Audacity.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/made...ingtone-21296/

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
    07-18-08 11:42 PM
    Ditto on audacity.

07-18-08 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD