It sounds like that while in the encryption mode and the password enabled mode that if the blackberry is unlocked, then the media card is unlocked while in the phone.

So is there any way to have your blackberry unlocked with most features accessable and at the same time have the media card locked?

I need information, cause id like to be able to hand my phone to someone unlocked or have them look at it without being able to access my media or SD card. Reason is i have private pictures and videos of certain ppl, etc.. I bought the phone today, and thats all i am having trouble with. So is there anyway? Thanks, Later.
    08-14-08 03:03 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

There's really no way of locking a media card that I know of. The best I can offer is to a) don't keep those kinds of pictures on your phone, b) don't lend your phone to people, or c) you can hide the files, but you need OS 4.5 to do that any anyone who knows how to find them can still find them.
    08-14-08 03:49 AM
    Why don't you move everything into your SD card, and then just remove your SD card from the phone prior to handing your phone over to others?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 06:05 AM
    Why don't you move everything into your SD card, and then just remove your SD card from the phone prior to handing your phone over to others?

Good idea!
    08-14-08 07:35 AM
    Good idea!
    No really it is not.

1) Hey can I see your phone
    2) Sure. (remove battery cover, remove battery, remove memory card,
    reinsert battery, replace battery cover, wait for reboot.) Here ya go.

Now if that does not say I got some scandalous ish on my phone what does
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-14-08 at 07:43 AM.
    08-14-08 07:41 AM
    No really it is not.

Not on a Pearl (which is what the OP has)...
    In that case, it's just
    1) Hey can I see your phone?
    2) Sure! Pop open side panel, pop out mem card, hand over phone.
    08-14-08 08:52 AM
    It sounds like that while in the encryption mode and the password enabled mode that if the blackberry is unlocked, then the media card is unlocked while in the phone.

So is there any way to have your blackberry unlocked with most features accessable and at the same time have the media card locked?

I need information, cause id like to be able to hand my phone to someone unlocked or have them look at it without being able to access my media or SD card. Reason is i have private pictures and videos of certain ppl, etc.. I bought the phone today, and thats all i am having trouble with. So is there anyway? Thanks, Later.
    I completely understand your concern. I work in research and routinely have to use my berry to take impromptu photos of data for my boss. I, also, don't need to take any chances of anyone viewing that info before I can forward my boss a copy and then delete it from my berry.
    Use this utility to lock your folders and/or files so that they do not appear on your blackberry to be viewed.

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Dm
    Last edited by Detman101; 08-14-08 at 09:17 AM.
    08-14-08 09:15 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

There's really no way of locking a media card that I know of. The best I can offer is to a) don't keep those kinds of pictures on your phone, b) don't lend your phone to people, or c) you can hide the files, but you need OS 4.5 to do that any anyone who knows how to find them can still find them.
    Exactly what I was thinking

That would be kind of obvious... "Hey, why are you taking out that little card every time you let me see your phone... what is on there?!"

No really it is not.

^^ EXACTLY ^^

Not on a Pearl (which is what the OP has)...
    In that case, it's just
    1) Hey can I see your phone?
    2) Sure! Pop open side panel, pop out mem card, hand over phone.
    No, not really... because most people are not id!ots and they would know you are taking out the card for some reason. Kinda suspicious, huh?!

Honestly, the best solution is to place the 'questionable' items in a folder and hide it. Or you can always not put them on your microSD. Or, even better, you can not let your Berry get into others' hands!
    08-14-08 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD