i have an unlocked blackberry tour and i'm with rogers. its verizon. everything works with my rogers sim accept when i try to access voicemail it goes to the previous owners voicemail because his numbers displayed on the phone? does anyone know on too get my number displayed on the phone?
    08-21-10 03:49 PM
    Go to Phone / Options / Voice Mail / Access and enter your number in place of the previous owner's. You can also enter your voicemail password here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 03:54 PM
    when i do that and try to dial voicemail it dials it for a couple of rings, and then disconnects, i dont know if its because the number is still on the phone or possibly because i didnt set the password on the phone. But i think the password would remain the same as on the sim card.
    08-21-10 04:17 PM
    i input the other phone number again and it worked. And when i call someone and I start dialing the number, at the top where it says My number: it says the previous owners number, so it may be a matter of changing that but i don't know how
    08-21-10 04:37 PM
    I think you should call customer service. Or the previous owner should. It's his privacy that's at risk.

08-21-10 04:42 PM
    Sounds like when he switched he must have gotten a new #. Like Jeffh says, call your carrier asap.

08-21-10 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD