My sister-in-law just got a Sprint Curve. It has a clean esn and no water damage. The rep was able to set it up on her acct but can not program the phone.

Is this an OS issue that is resolved by an OS re-install? Or is there a greater issue?
    09-12-09 07:40 PM
    generally they can help manually program the phone, but if the rep is new, or not patient they may not offer that help.

I would have her call them back again.
    09-12-09 07:43 PM
    generally they can help manually program the phone, but if the rep is new, or not patient they may not offer that help.

I would have her call them back again.
    She was in the store and the rep could not help. He susggested that she reinstall the software from the Sprint site. She is a complete novice and not happy that she is potentially out $170.
    09-12-09 07:45 PM
    Yeah, well I would have her call and speak to the customer service they are generally more knowledgeable and have access to more information. I do not see how an OS install would help her at all to be honest.
    09-12-09 07:47 PM
    What do you mean by program the phone? Set up e-mail, BIS, Service Books?

Your Best bet would be to call *2 and ask for BlackBerry Tech Support, and ask them for instructions and what you need to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD