Well I was in a contract with AT&T and unable to upgrade so I called and managed to get my cancellation fee waived with the promise that I was going to be signing back up once they did so. I never thought it would work but it did. So now I am looking for a new phone as my previous phone was a Razr, that I got after selling my Iphone 2G on ioffer.com for $269 not bad considering I paid $300 a year ago and it was a refurb. So as a past 8700 user I really enjoyed my time as a blackberry user and wish to return but have no idea which model would be best. Listed below are the models I am looking at.

1. BlackBerry Curve 8310 Titanium $49.87 w/ 2 year contract (Sams Club Deal)
    2. BlackBerry 8820 $199.87 (Sams Club Deal)

I am thinking the Curve considering it is only $49.87 can't really beat it!
    06-21-08 04:39 PM
    The Curve is a great device. I don't think you'll be disappointed either way.

Welcome to Crackberry.
    06-21-08 04:41 PM
    either one you will enjoy. they are both great devices.
    06-21-08 04:51 PM
    Go with the curve, at that price is a steal!
    06-21-08 05:06 PM
    are you a business user? the 8800 series is more popular with business users. the curves are more popular with social users, although either device is versatile.
    06-21-08 05:16 PM
    The Curve is great and if you order it off of Amazon you get it for free and you get a rebate in the mail check it out.
    06-21-08 05:20 PM
    I have had both. The curve is cool, but I love my 8820! The wi-fi if super-fast, and to my knowledge you can use it when bis is down, but I'm not 100% sure. The keyboard is also much easier to type on as well and is also better than the curve for one- handed typing. But what I like the most is the look of it. Have you seen it??? Also, it feels a lot more solid than my curve as well. If you use a phone camera a lot than the 8820 is not for you. I almost didn't get it because of that, but at $65, I couldn't turn that down. Best money I have ever spent! I'm not a businessman, so I can't offer a business view on them. But you should try both yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 05:38 PM
    The 8820 was alluring to me, but I am purely a social user (a teenage girl, in fact!) and I really didn't need something as sophisticated as the 8820. So, the curve suited me just fine.

06-21-08 05:41 PM
    Do you want a camera? That can make your decision for you right there, because the 88xx series does not have cameras. I would go with the Curve. I have a Pearl but I've never heard anyone say too much bad about the Curve. I would have bought it but they didn't have it for Sprint when I bought my BB and I love SureType.

06-21-08 06:42 PM
    Well I tested out the Curve at Sams at they are the ones that had it for 49.87, but I just couldn't deal with the fact that it was on EDGE! So after much consideration I went to the Verizon store and it was $149 however after my state employee discount it was only $100 and it is the Curve (3G CDMA) not to mention I get another 20% off of my data plan and 15% off my monthly contract so I can't complain. It is good to be back!
    06-21-08 07:52 PM
    Next Step will for for all of you to tell me what apps I need to download I have been out the of crackberry world for a few years now! If it helps at all I am a 23 year old male, Grad Student and also a freelance web designer/graphic designer.
    06-21-08 07:54 PM
    Viigo, cb and New York Times home screen icon, empower mail viewer (if your provider doesn't upgrade their servers.), search around to see what you can find. Welcome to the addiction!

06-21-08 09:19 PM
    You broke your promise! What are they going to do to you now?
    06-21-08 09:28 PM
    I don't think there's much they can do now.

Congrats on the new Curve

06-21-08 10:16 PM
    Well yes I broke my promise but, I never said I promise, so to be honest I said I was looking at setting up a new account. They were the ones that were generous enough to allow me to make a choice
    06-21-08 10:51 PM
    Welcome to CB and congrats on the Curve. You'll enjoy it.
    06-21-08 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD