If you do go with a cheap data plan for say $10 it's better to get a data amount instead of social plan. BB don't use a lot of data and having an amount lets you do more like maps and internet browsing.
    01-27-12 11:17 PM
    People, read her wish list!
    How on earth can you suggest a blackberry?
    I am a blackberry user and I don't want to change, but my requirements are different.

She wants:
    skype or similar (front face camera): Not blackberry
    lots of fun apps: not blackberry
    large screen
    fast
    easy iTunes access etc.

Anyway, I have to be honest: iPhone or an Andriod, but NOT a blackberry. I'd suggest an iPhone for this girl. She can use whatsapp also to communicate with all her friends, no matter what kind of phone they have (multi platform). Tons of apps, easy with Itunes, frontface camera, skype is possible.
    Last edited by robertdeniro; 01-27-12 at 11:35 PM.
    kevinnugent and Ammunet91 like this.
    01-27-12 11:32 PM
    Well, I'm a tech for a living and a big Apple user but I just switched to BlackBerry. Its the one I like best. All BlackBerry's running the new os7 are great and will easily sync your iTunes to the phone with the free BlackBerry Desktop manager. If you already use Skype on a computer i say keep it that way. I have an iPod Touch with front camera and an iPad2 in the house but I never video chat on them, I don't want to hold the device while I chat when I can just sit on my PC, Its better.

BB will be your best friend and you won't regret it at all. Amazing for social stuff like Facebook, twitter and all. Fast and nice to use web browser, amazing messaging, great camera (the 9850/9860 has a great camera) and unlike the iPhones, you can get MicroSD cards to expand the memory (to hold more tunes movies n what not) and better battery life.

I would be looking at the bold 9900 as i like a good keyboard but if it a big screen experience is what you're looking for, get a 9850/9860. You'll love it.

The first time the little LED flashes from across the room to tell you theres a notification you will laugh, iPhone's can't do that.

Enjoy your BlackBerry 9850, I know you will.
    01-28-12 12:18 AM
    dont worry it's gonna be me and my dad if we end up in the verizon store but why do you think they'll try to sell us something else?

it'll be a long drive for us on monday if we go to verizon since they don't have any stores here in provo ut so we just wanna make it quick and fast.
    Right now the people at the stores are all iPhone or Android users and as such the BlackBerry is getting a bit of a bad rap. A user of the iPhone will always say the iPhone is best, or they are admitting to the would they got the wrong toy!

When a person thinks for themselves and doesn't just follow everyone else, the fast amount of choices the world has to offer is amazing.
    01-28-12 12:22 AM
    get the same phone as your gf has or your family members.
    it will be pointless to have blackberry when you gf has iphone and your father has an android for example.

I love my blackberry, but I can't suggest you to get one if all your close ones don't use it.

Sent from my Playbook
    01-28-12 12:42 AM
    iphone 4s/4 matches your requirements on all cylinders.syncing with itunes the best-iphone definitely.lots of "fun" apps -oh yea iphone.no brainer for you.
    01-28-12 01:23 AM
    Seems if you want the a blackberry torch is for you anything else I would go for an adriod os phone samsung and htc have the best line right now with brilliant screen sizes and great depth in hd.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-12 03:18 AM
    The best of what you are looking for is probably not going to be on a BlackBerry, to be honest.

The Torch 9860 is a nice device. But why give up on one of your wish list features to go to a platform that it is best suited for a physical keyboard? Especially since there are devices out there that meets all of your wishes?

So, my suggestions would be an Android device:
    Droid Razr has a nice large 4.3" screen(one of the best looking screens on the market right now ), nice and thin, powerful.... tons of apps. Front facing camera. And using an Android device myself, I can say Skype is awesome on my phone. Or maybe even the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, however that screen is even bigger. Maybe too large. The Droid Bionic is also excellent.

One thing I'm concerned about is that you receive large email attachments. While the BlackBerry has the best email system bar none, in terms of functionality, large emails can get truncated(cut off) and you won't be able to view that particular email on your device. BlackBerry has gotten better with this, but its still something to consider.

Sent from Motorola ATRIX 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MACKSnare519; 01-28-12 at 04:18 AM.
    Ammunet91 likes this.
    01-28-12 04:15 AM
    iPhone keyboard is A LOT different from BB and android, I haven't used BB's on screen keyboard, but iPhones is by far the best and if she has iPhone I would suggest one too for Face Time, it's free. It does not sound like BlackBerry is for you, iPhone is probably the best from your descriptions.
    01-28-12 04:50 AM
    iPhone keyboard is A LOT different from BB and android, I haven't used BB's on screen keyboard, but iPhones is by far the best and if she has iPhone I would suggest one too for Face Time, it's free. It does not sound like BlackBerry is for you, iPhone is probably the best from your descriptions.
    The iPhone does have a nice keyboard. I prefer it over the regular Android keyboards. However, Motorola's multi-touch keyboard is really nice, as well.

Great thing is, you can always find all kinds of keyboards in the the Market.

Sent from Motorola ATRIX 2 using Tapatalk
    01-28-12 06:35 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD