Except the device isn't being made for consumers (although they'd be happy if you bought one). This is a corporate device being designed and built around a specific application for Bank Of America that, presumably, they think might appeal to similar companies.

BTW, this is an Onward Mobility device that has nothing to do with BlackBerry - apart from its sticker.
    Fully aware it is being made by Onward Mobility after the licensing agreement. Still be stunned if it costs what you are predicting. We shall see, hopefully within a few months.
    03-06-21 04:20 PM
    Holy smokes. You hardly need to spend that kind of money. Yikes.

Pixel 5 / 4a 5g are awesome at a lot less money. You can also get some decent devices with long-term support around the $200/300 range - Nokia 5.4 / Samsung A52.
    Lmao. While we've debated the upcoming BlackBerry price, totally agree with you here. And I'm one who has purchased an S21 Ultra, waiting on its arrival.

Certainly, if he wants a stop-gap phone, there are plenty of worthy Android phones, mid-range and even budget phones.
    03-06-21 04:50 PM
    Fully aware it is being made by Onward Mobility after the licensing agreement. Still be stunned if it costs what you are predicting. We shall see, hopefully within a few months.
    The math is fairly simple though.

An international player that wants to build up sufficient infrastructure to cater to the needs of large corporations like Bank of America will need excellent hardware and have substantial overhead (for high-grade support).

Divide all of that by low to mid six-figure unit sales, and you end up with a big number.
    Last edited by conite; 03-18-21 at 10:30 AM.
    03-06-21 05:06 PM
    I switched to Samsung...great phone just some unnecessary bloatware...wish Blackberry supported the Hub.
    03-08-21 05:40 AM
    Well done! I did the same (moving to Pixel), after many years on BlackBerry, I miss the physical keyboard, but the overall phone experience outweigh my last original KeyOne/ (2017 seems so far away ). To me, BlackBerry Classic was the best. Hope you are enjoying your Pixel!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-15-21 10:00 PM
    I think to buy one more phone, which is the best option? Samsung?
    03-18-21 08:27 AM
    What is important to you? What is your budget?
    03-18-21 10:30 AM
    I got the Google pixel 5 and it's a helluva phone. It's a perfect compact size phone that fits into my little rectangle 5th pocket in my jeans just like how my Q10 did. Great battery life for 2 days with light medium usage I highly recommend this phone. Also note that this is my first ever not only android phone but this is my first full 100% touchscreen phone. So yes typing on a virtual keyboard my speed is a bit faster but my accuracy is kind of off. But predictive text is so far advanced and you can use swipe as well.

Very very nice phone no glitches or anything crazy going on so far I think android did a very good job in this phone after all the hell criticisms I gave to android years ago they've came along way and have stepped up there game
    03-18-21 04:47 PM
    Pixel 5 sounds nice but does it really feel compact? Doesn't it have a 6" screen?
    03-18-21 05:27 PM
    Pixel 5 sounds nice but does it really feel compact? Doesn't it have a 6" screen?
    It does feel compact. It's 6", but with a slimmer 19.5:9 aspect ratio. Plus, there are almost no bezels.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-18-21 05:33 PM
    The new Samsung Galaxy A52 if you are into slabs. Will be the #1 selling Android device in 2021 as the A51 was in 2020.
    03-18-21 06:17 PM
    The new Samsung Galaxy A52 if you are into slabs. Will be the #1 selling Android device in 2021 as the A51 was in 2020.
    Nothing special about it though, like most slabs
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-18-21 06:37 PM
    Nothing special about it though, like most slabs
    I don't disagree I have my new last August A71 5G relegated to counter WiFi status. And the drag there is I usually pick up my tablet to read or chill. I have DIGITS on both so I can handle any texts or calls from both if needed. My BE is so much more pleasurable and efficient as my preferred carry to use. Unbelievably I just set up my short press keyboard shortcuts. Now there is damn near zero need to ever leave the main interface of my device to do anything I need it to do. So dang sweet.
    03-18-21 07:40 PM
    Do you want a keyboard phone?

If yes: KEY2, KEY2 LE...or Unihertz Titan
    I'm a Passport nostalgic, so the shape of the Titan appeals to me, anyone feels like giving advice on that phone?
    03-19-21 10:17 AM
    I'm a Passport nostalgic, so the shape of the Titan appeals to me, anyone feels like giving advice on that phone?
    I didn't have much time with the Titan, but it's a very heavy phone. The keys are harder to click than a BlackBerry, and have a bit less travel too.
    It recently got the Android 10 update.
    03-19-21 10:33 AM
    Had one for 2 months. Piece of scrap. Giant, heavy, little to no security patches, horrible keyboard.
    03-19-21 10:47 AM
    I'm happy with the titan. coming from a keyone and passport prior to that.

Turns heads for sure.

My ongoing joke is...

Is that a Titan in your pocket?
    or are you just happy to see me!
    03-19-21 04:21 PM
142 ... 456