What email app do you use?
    Gmail.
    02-09-21 07:21 PM
    Gmail.
    Same for me on Pixel since in 2021, the whole device is more of THE HUB with everything a smartphone purposes.
    02-09-21 07:28 PM
    Gmail.
    Thanks...I would have thought you would be using the BB Hub...
    02-09-21 09:21 PM
    Thanks...I would have thought you would be using the BB Hub...
    It's pretty long in the tooth.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    02-09-21 09:35 PM
    BlackBerry Hub Inbox may have some limitations, but at least BlackBerry serves its customers, not serves itself to its customers' data.
    02-09-21 09:51 PM
    It's pretty long in the tooth.
    I will give the Gmail app a go. Been using Samsung and trying Outlook. Each one has their issues.
    02-10-21 05:40 AM
    I will give the Gmail app a go. Been using Samsung and trying Outlook. Each one has their issues.
    Nothing like Blackberry HUB\Inbox if you have multiple email accounts to manage. I have tried Outlook, Samsung, Gmail, Blue Mail, etc and none separate out the accounts as clearly as I prefer. Throw in the keyboard shortcuts when working within the Hub\Inbox on a beautiful PKB Key device and there is simply no comparison for me.

https://docs.blackberry.com/en/apps-...l1437574875138
    02-11-21 10:26 PM
    Nothing like Blackberry HUB\Inbox if you have multiple email accounts to manage. I have tried Outlook, Samsung, Gmail, Blue Mail, etc and none separate out the accounts as clearly as I prefer. Throw in the keyboard shortcuts when working within the Hub\Inbox on a beautiful PKB Key device and there is simply no comparison for me.

https://docs.blackberry.com/en/apps-...l1437574875138
    What about Nine and Aqua?
    02-11-21 10:40 PM
    Treble, Mainline and whatever is next. Google really since @ 2016 has been handling many critical updates through GPS as you are aware. It's why you don't see people massively compromised with older OS's and devices. Google and Apple handle updates in a different but almost equitable manner to secure devices and users.

We ALL know the numero uno attack vector is apps and each are very diligent about ensuring those are safe and or removed if necessary.
    Not even close... that's why Apple has such a lead in Enterprise. Samsung is catching up and do much better, but it's not equitable. Google's own Pixel phones are the best Android solution, but only recently have all carrier's supported those.

Sorry but there is a list that comes with each montly patch... lots of critical updates are not done any other way than installing those patches or updates that the OEM must push out.

I do agree that "apps" is a huge attack vector.... but for enterprise, there is just as much concern with browser vulnerabilities and network vulnerabilities (WiFi or Bluetooth). Google Play should take care of the browser issues and maybe even key Android Service. But hardware driver vulnerabilities and some networking vulnerabilities are up to the OEM.
    02-16-21 10:07 AM
    Well my questions are what are you planning on using the phone for? Are you looking for something with privacy in mind? Are you good with installing software? In my opinion if that's what the phone will be used for, then I'd get a pixel 3 or 3XL and load Graphene OS. That would be the most secure thing that's close to blackberry. But the downside is that Google Play services are not going to work on that OS. But if you want secure that would be the best! Good luck!
    02-17-21 12:37 AM
    My wife and I both have the Priv. She couldn't wait for the next BlackBerry device. So I bought her the new S21 Ultra. I must say, it is a great phone, amazing pictures and battery for days. It is obviously bigger, but I like it a lot and am having a hard time not getting myself one as well.
    02-17-21 09:47 PM
    I agree on the Physical Keyboard unfortunately at this point I don't have much choice as I don't see the point in paying for a new, old phone that is no longer supported for OS Updates.

I would have gone for the new Onward Mobility BlackBerry if there was actually a Release Date and Spec Sheet available. At this point I just don't believe their phone will be available in the first half of 2021 like they originally stated.

I've owned a Blackberry Z10 and Z30 in the past so hopefully it will be easy transition back to no Physical Keyboard.
    Same boat as you. Can no longer hold out indefinitely for the OM BlackBerry so I purchased a Samsung S21 Ultra, arriving in two weeks. I figure if I miss the physical keyboard enough, I can likely sell the S21 Ultra whenever OM BlackBerry drops, buy that and end up with a profit.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    02-28-21 11:09 AM
    Same boat as you. Can no longer hold out indefinitely for the OM BlackBerry so I purchased a Samsung S21 Ultra, arriving in two weeks. I figure if I miss the physical keyboard enough, I can likely sell the S21 Ultra whenever OM BlackBerry drops, buy that and end up with a profit.
    That or buy the S24 when it becomes necessary to replace the S21 and this conversation is long forgotten...
    02-28-21 03:12 PM
    Profit.... selling a S21 and buying whatever OM end up offering? I'm thinking you'll need to start saving to have some extra to put in that pot.
    03-01-21 08:47 AM
    Profit.... selling a S21 and buying whatever OM end up offering? I'm thinking you'll need to start saving to have some extra to put in that pot.
    I wasn’t even going there since I’m not good at guesstimate pricing vapor ware, Android depreciation, coupled with a pandemic and conite’s puzzles...
    03-01-21 10:25 AM
    Enjoy it, S21 Ultra is really a great phone!
    03-02-21 03:01 PM
    If the OM BlackBerry costs that much, it's got NO chance of success.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    03-03-21 06:12 PM
    Enjoy it, S21 Ultra is really a great phone!
    Thank you!
    03-03-21 06:12 PM
    If the OM BlackBerry costs that much, it's got NO chance of success.
    That's the difference between building 10s of thousands of devices and building millions of devices.
    03-03-21 07:15 PM
    That's the difference between building 10s of thousands of devices and building millions of devices.
    Am I to understand that you believe the new BlackBerry will cost over $1000, even?
    03-04-21 04:42 AM
    Am I to understand that you believe the new BlackBerry will cost over $1000, even?
    I can't see how they could survive without collecting at least $1200 per device - through some combination of sale price and subscription fee.
    03-04-21 06:49 AM
    I can't see how they could survive without collecting at least $1200 per device - through some combination of sale price and subscription fee.
    That would be stunning to me. BlackBerry won't sell if it's even near that price. You have to make it more affordable to tempt people to switch from their iPhones and Samsungs. Have to give people incentive to switch to a physical keyboard phone in 2021.

PlayStation, for example, is selling their PS5 at a small loss, but making up the money through digital purchases/content. While not completely similar, the concept is one worth following.
    03-06-21 09:35 AM
    That would be stunning to me. BlackBerry won't sell if it's even near that price. You have to make it more affordable to tempt people to switch from their iPhones and Samsungs. Have to give people incentive to switch to a physical keyboard phone in 2021.

PlayStation, for example, is selling their PS5 at a small loss, but making up the money through digital purchases/content. While not completely similar, the concept is one worth following.
    Except the device isn't being made for consumers (although they'd be happy if you bought one). This is a corporate device being designed and built around a specific application for Bank Of America that, presumably, they think might appeal to similar companies.

BTW, this is an Onward Mobility device that has nothing to do with BlackBerry - apart from its sticker.
    03-06-21 09:39 AM
    I have an original Key1 (before they fixed the screen pop issue) and it's become really slow and the battery is pretty much done. (The battery only lasts a couple of hours.)

I was going to wait for the new 5G BlackBerry from Onward Mobility but it's February 2021 so there's no way that phone is going to be released in the first half of 2021.

Can you please recommend some good Android Phones to replace it? (I'm looking for something that is a similar size to the Key1)

Thanks
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, I think that is the only Google Android worth getting right now or the Note 20 Ultra.
    03-06-21 02:47 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, I think that is the only Google Android worth getting right now or the Note 20 Ultra.
    Holy smokes. You hardly need to spend that kind of money. Yikes.

Pixel 5 / 4a 5g are awesome at a lot less money. You can also get some decent devices with long-term support around the $200/300 range - Nokia 5.4 / Samsung A52.
    03-06-21 03:28 PM
142 ... 3456