So the other day I got out of my car. I was a bit excited and lets say I had other things on my mind being my wifes 21st birthday... I keep a Netbook. 2-3 blackberrys in the car (depending on if I am working or not.) And various other electronics. So..anyways...I got out of the car and went about my day. When I awoke the next morning I thought to my self Oh look it rained! I bet it washed some of the mud off my car. When I got out there I was anything but excited. Turns out I left my SUNROOF open....and yes it rained....I had a blackberry 8700g the netbook and a few other chargers DIRECTLY under the sunroof. The 8700g found its self swimming...the netbook somehow only had one drop of water...no water damage....???? The 8700g wasnt so lucky..I thought it was gone....I immediately pulled the battery...even tho it had already shut off, and from a post I saw on here IMMEDITATLEY threw it in a ziplock tub full of rice. 36 hours later? IT WORKS! The LCD is a bit...funny looking when viewed off axis.. Gonna put it back in the rice and see what happens.
    10-08-09 03:09 PM
    Glad you got it working but that screen is never going to get better.
    10-08-09 03:29 PM
    Thats nasty that.

time for an upgrade i think
    10-08-09 03:32 PM
    Still working! No problems! and
    amazinglygraceless the screen did clear up. Ironically I think the crack in the screen was a good thing since it let the moisture escape.
    10-11-09 12:19 PM
    Lol, glad to hear everything worked out fine!

Now you know for next time to close the sunroof!
    10-11-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD