First of all this is an attack if nemory apps. Not intentional but just the way things work.

So I first learnt that SC don't want a third party app so nem is violating there tos by building snap2chat /snap10. And it can be removed at any time.

Ignore that. Secondly the Snapchat app he built won't display stories for almost a month now no fix.

Thirdly the official sc app introduced a chat application inside it where you can im people. That hasn't made its way into snap2chat for what 3-4 months now? If someone im me I wouldn't know unless I logged in to the apk one which has become my daily driver now. Works 97% of the time apart from the occasional crashing and lack of notification.

Knowing nem, he's moved on to something new. Another cash bubble. That's epic bs!

I am zee that is the 10
    01-01-15 11:15 AM
    Maybe you should update and make sure you have the latest Snap10, the stories problem has been fixed for awhile. I can't say if chat will be added or if it's possible, but yes Nem has other apps he is developing but he has said he will try to rebuild Snap10 from scratch to fix some of the problems it has. If you have a problem you can email him for support or a refund.
    01-01-15 11:26 AM
    I was going to email him but I've seen several several examples of his terrible customer service. Calling people names and telling them to suck his **** isn't something I felt like dealing with directly. It's more of a "beware people " kind of post.

I am zee that is the 10
    01-01-15 12:20 PM
    What do you actually want? If you don't like his apps maybe just don't download/buy them?
    01-01-15 12:46 PM
    Lol can't please people.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 01:41 PM
    What do you actually want? If you don't like his apps maybe just don't download/buy them?
    I stopped. Just giving you all drones a heads up. If you think it's good for a dev to build an app, collect money and bolt to the next one then sure

I am zee that is the 10
    01-01-15 02:38 PM
    Well snap2chat was good at the time. It's ok now but obviously it can't be expected to copy all snapchat features.
    I don't have anything else from him except messenger which is more disappointing to me for not having headless
    01-01-15 02:41 PM
    Well snap2chat was good at the time. It's ok now but obviously it can't be expected to copy all snapchat features.
    I don't have anything else from him except messenger which is more disappointing to me for not having headless
    That's part of my point. He left that and went on to tweetly even though there was a native twitter app

I am zee that is the 10
    01-01-15 07:25 PM
    You really have to ask yourself how you wish to weigh your priorities. I'm sure you love your blackberry but using one comes with the fact that the more trending apps will not be available and if they are, they will be after a longgg time. (ex. People used doodlejump, angrybirds, temple run, etc on their blackberry past their general prime for the general population).

I've had a z10 since the summer of 2013, and the contract is up in summer 2015. For me, I've told myself at this age (21 yrs old), I wish to put priority on trending apps and will most likely make the IOS or Android switch. Who knows, maybe my thoughts will change in Feb or March when 10.3.1 rolls out, maybe not.

Just ask yourself, there are pros and cons to each. As for Nemory and the snap10 app, the way I look at it is were a little lucky to have the app, because like you said it can be removed at anytime

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 03:09 AM
    You really have to ask yourself how you wish to weigh your priorities. I'm sure you love your blackberry but using one comes with the fact that the more trending apps will not be available and if they are, they will be after a longgg time. (ex. People used doodlejump, angrybirds, temple run, etc on their blackberry past their general prime for the general population).

I've had a z10 since the summer of 2013, and the contract is up in summer 2015. For me, I've told myself at this age (21 yrs old), I wish to put priority on trending apps and will most likely make the IOS or Android switch. Who knows, maybe my thoughts will change in Feb or March when 10.3.1 rolls out, maybe not.

Just ask yourself, there are pros and cons to each. As for Nemory and the snap10 app, the way I look at it is were a little lucky to have the app, because like you said it can be removed at anytime

Posted via CB10
    I'm 20, turning 21 soon and I actually for the most part have the most trending apps. Tinder was a slight problem but the amazon one worked well. My major problem is when devs use the app gap as a way to milk users from cash. Want to provide native "appX" then make sure that app is so developed users don't have to turn to the apk. When he first started s2c, I had no ideas about the Snapchat TOS violation but back then his app was actually ahead of its time. Had some good addition, then all of a sudden within the space of few months hw had a tinder app, fb messenger app(which he scared people into thinking Facebook was going to remove chat from bb10, an app developed in house), a twitter app, an uber app... see what I'm saying?

I understand he might need money but idk it's a conundrum because it feels like after that initial cash flow from an app, he moves on to the next one. Our twitter app works fine and gets updated regularly so no need. Messenger app was redundant as well

I am zee that is the 10
    01-03-15 02:17 PM
    I definitely see what your saying and I think it's a problem with many developers and not just nemory. Supporting older apps just leads to higher opportunity cost but hopefully as BlackBerry devices are sold more little by little every quarter, the problem will sort itself out. Right now since the market share of the devices is low compared to other platforms, developers HAVE to resort to making new apps and occasionally supporting the older ones. As market share slowly grows, they'll make more money originally from each app and support will grow similar to ios and android.

Are your near future plans to remain with the z10, upgrade to a new BlackBerry device, or make a jump?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:50 PM
    There are always reasons. Why do you think no other else works on another SnapChat app? Its risky and its hard to crack. There are reasons for delays and why I can't update such parts

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    webber27 likes this.
    01-04-15 01:32 AM
    This thread is a little harsh. I too have not had such a good experience with Snap2chat. However, there isn't a better alternative on BlackBerry World.

The lack of a satisfactory Snapchat app is reflective of a bigger problem: the app situation. Snapchat is just one of countless apps not available natively (or simply doesn't work) on BlackBerry 10, and Nemory should not be criticized for trying to provide a solution. Although I did pay for the app, I wouldn't blame Nemory so harshly because this is more of a BlackBerry problem than anything else.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 04:38 AM
    I understand he might need money but idk it's a conundrum because it feels like after that initial cash flow from an app, he moves on to the next one.
    To paraphrase the old adage: people know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
    Likewise, people overvalue their own work, and undervalue that of others.

Consumers look at app stores and see rock bottom subsidised prices of free or 1-2 dollars/pounds/etc. But these apps have real world development and maintenance costs which can be very significant and don't just include writing the actual software. Eg. A small scale operator like nemory may be able to develop niche apps under the radar, but should an app become successful, the sharks can come knocking claiming infringement of TOS/copyright violation/ patent infringement, whatever it takes to wrestle the cake from him.

Sadly I doubt that it would be a solution on the relatively low volume BlackBerry platform, but nonetheless, would you be willing to pay the app purchase fee annually as a subscription? An ongoing payment may at least stimulate further development.
    01-04-15 06:41 AM
    Fix your spell check too.

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-04-15 06:44 AM
    To paraphrase the old adage: people know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
    Likewise, people overvalue their own work, and undervalue that of others.

Consumers look at app stores and see rock bottom subsidised prices of free or 1-2 dollars/pounds/etc. But these apps have real world development and maintenance costs which can be very significant and don't just include writing the actual software. Eg. A small scale operator like nemory may be able to develop niche apps under the radar, but should an app become successful, the sharks can come knocking claiming infringement of TOS/copyright violation/ patent infringement, whatever it takes to wrestle the cake from him.

Sadly I doubt that it would be a solution on the relatively low volume BlackBerry platform, but nonetheless, would you be willing to pay the app purchase fee annually as a subscription? An ongoing payment may at least stimulate further development.
    I wouldn't mind paying what? $5 for an app provided it's good and with good support. This isn't for me only but I'm saying generally people pay for the app and expect support. Charge whatever he needs to make sure he can live on it.

Like I said it's a conundrum

I am zee that is the 10
    baarn likes this.
    01-04-15 07:25 PM
    First of all this is an attack if nemory apps. Not intentional but just the way things work.

So I first learnt that SC don't want a third party app so nem is violating there tos by building snap2chat /snap10. And it can be removed at any time.

Ignore that. Secondly the Snapchat app he built won't display stories for almost a month now no fix.

Thirdly the official sc app introduced a chat application inside it where you can im people. That hasn't made its way into snap2chat for what 3-4 months now? If someone im me I wouldn't know unless I logged in to the apk one which has become my daily driver now. Works 97% of the time apart from the occasional crashing and lack of notification.

Knowing nem, he's moved on to something new. Another cash bubble. That's epic bs!

I am zee that is the 10
    Make Snapchat release an app or make a client yourself.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:25 PM
    You know if this community unites and ask Snapchat to make us an app through that page they have that asks what platform do you want snapshat on, they will.

Why not make the BlackBerry defense force make this happen one app at a time?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 08:02 PM
    If snap chat instant messaging is such a priority you might consider taking a good hard look at your life decisions.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 08:22 PM
    If snap chat instant messaging is such a priority you might consider taking a good hard look at your life decisions.

Posted via CB10
    SnapChat is huge among people in their early 20s. Maybe you just know nothing about said demographic.
    01-04-15 08:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    I took a look at my life decisions like you suggested... yep I'd very much like a SC app. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    01-04-15 09:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    If an app on your phone such as crackberry is such an important part of your life that you post here, also take a look at yourself?

That being said, after seeing that SC hasn't affected my chances of getting to med school next year, I still think we should get that feature...
    I am zee that is the 10
    01-05-15 09:32 AM
    There are always reasons. Why do you think no other else works on another SnapChat app? Its risky and its hard to crack. There are reasons for delays and why I can't update such parts

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Bro I do feel this should be stated up front so you maintain openness with customers. Put a disclaimer on BlackBerry World man anything

I am zee that is the 10
    01-05-15 09:35 AM
    I don't think its worth it to Nemory or any other dev to put work into a 3rd party Snapchat client at this point. With Snapchat officially announcing in Nov that 3rd party apps aren't allowed and they are going to shut them down with user lockout if necessary, followed by all Snap apps in Winphone app store removed in Dec its just a matter of time before BBWorld gets noticed.
    01-05-15 11:10 AM
    I can't knock nemory. I like snap10 and no one else has done better so I think he deserves alot

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 11:38 AM