I remember when we didn't have access to the native code on legacy blackberry os and the apps we did have were java based just running on top of the legacy os.
    Seems to me that blackberry is moving in that direction again, maybe somebody up top said you know we can be more secure yet if we didn't allow native apps period and just forced blackberry 10 users to run android apps.
    I know they are not "forcing" it upon us but what Dev is going to want to make native when it's now sooo easy to run an android app just as good as most android os phones..

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 01:10 PM
    Maybe, just maybe, there should have been forced implementation of natively coded apps by BlackBerry, therefore not allowing these low quality Android ports to emerge. Just maybe...

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 01:14 PM
    Maybe, just maybe, there should have been forced implementation of natively coded apps by BlackBerry, therefore not allowing these low quality Android ports to emerge. Just maybe...

Posted via CB10
    Try it on 10.2 they run flawlessly...loving it.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 01:18 PM
    Try it on 10.2 they run flawlessly...loving it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm running 10.2.1 (Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055). The Android ports ran terribly on 10.2 (imo) and are much, much better on 10.2.1. But honestly, to say they run flawlessly is still an exaggeration:/ They take time to load up, if I type fast and then exit out of a message for instance I notice quite a bit of lag, which may as well be because I type and operate the interface pretty quickly, but yeah...

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-17-13 01:28 PM
    I'm running 10.2.1 (Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055). The Android ports ran terribly on 10.2 (imo) and are much, much better on 10.2.1. But honestly, to say they run flawlessly is still an exaggeration:/ They take time to load up, if I type fast and then exit out of a message for instance I notice quite a bit of lag, which may as well be because I type and operate the interface pretty quickly, but yeah...

Posted via CB10
    I don't know anyone with a "flagship" android the closest it comes is a Samsung gs3 and my Android apps run just as good as they do on his phone.... most of my buddies use crap 0dollar on contract androids. Cheap plastic toys

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 02:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    On 10.2.1 they run as flawlessly as they would on an Android phone with the same specs as your BB10 phone. That is why high end Androids have really high specs because they have to for desired smoothness. Where as BB10 apps don't need the high specs to run really well. I wouldn't be surprised if the next BB10 phone has really high end specs just so it can run Android apps well.

Posted via CB10
    the_igg likes this.
    11-17-13 02:07 PM
    I don't know anyone with a "flagship" android the closest it comes is a Samsung gs3 and my Android apps run just as good as they do on his phone.... most of my buddies use crap 0dollar on contract androids. Cheap plastic toys

Posted via CB10
    Well unless you mean to tell me that the Nexus 5, Galaxy S/Note devices are not included in the list of devices that run Android apps better than the Z10, I'd agree with you. However, most people I know with Androids are using Notes, S3's, etc. Although, if this is actually the fluidity and functionality you get on Android devices then... they're **** :P I have no idea why but I really do prefer my BlackBerry device to any other devices that I've used. o.O Despite the app gap or other complaints I have with BlackBerry 10, I still find it to be my favourite OS. And believe me, I am VERY, VERY picky.

Anyway, I hate using side loads and therefore don't keep a single side load on my phone right now...

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 02:08 PM
    On 10.2.1 they run as flawlessly as they would on an Android phone with the same specs as your BB10 phone. That is why high end Androids have really high specs because they have to for desired smoothness. Where as BB10 apps don't need the high specs to run really well. I wouldn't be surprised if the next BB10 phone has really high end specs just so it can run Android apps well.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for double post. But really, is that true? An Android device with the same specs as my Z10 would handle Android apps with the same performance as my Z10? o.O

That's interesting, and something I wasn't aware of. I thought the "runtime" designed by BlackBerry just wasn't good enough. I'm not too geeky so I don't really know how to describe any reasons as to why I felt it was bad but I just did. In that case I really do hope BlackBerry 10 devices see a surge in sales

Posted via CB10
    Dirkmyer likes this.
    11-17-13 02:10 PM
    The closest to a flagship is a Samsung gs3, but that is not a flagship anymore.
    And his apps lag and at the same places mine lag at regardless of specs
    On paper his gs3 should out perform my z10, but it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 02:24 PM
    Well unless you mean to tell me that the Nexus 5, Galaxy S/Note devices are not included in the list of devices that run Android apps better than the Z10, I'd agree with you. However, most people I know with Androids are using Notes, S3's, etc. Although, if this is actually the fluidity and functionality you get on Android devices then... they're **** :P I have no idea why but I really do prefer my BlackBerry device to any other devices that I've used. o.O Despite the app gap or other complaints I have with BlackBerry 10, I still find it to be my favourite OS. And believe me, I am VERY, VERY picky.

Anyway, I hate using side loads and therefore don't keep a single side load on my phone right now...

Posted via CB10
    Have you even tried the note 3? You bash those who have not tried BB10.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    11-17-13 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry better come up with a note 3 type of device.

11-17-13 02:37 PM
    BlackBerry better come up with a note 3 type of device.

Yes I have tried the note 3, gs 3, gs 4 and note 2. I have also used a nexus 4. However, I never owned any of them.

I can't believe that people are telling me that the Z10 is running Android apps the same way as an Android of its specs would do so.

Can someone just clarify that?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:12 AM