N4BB is reporting that Hacking Team tool compromised Legacy Blckberry OS's 4-7 and included a BBM injection.

https://n4bb.com/hacking-team-tool-c...blackberry-os/
    Levski Levov likes this.
    07-08-15 07:37 AM
    So, they didn't manage 10, keep trying fella's
    07-08-15 07:43 AM
    So, they didn't manage 10, keep trying fella's
    I don't think they will be too motivated to try to hack BB10. It is kind of like the developer support problem. There is little ROI in writing apps or hacks for a completely irrelevant platform such as BB10. I mean, how many people/companies/governments out there would pay as much as � 30,000.00 for a tool to infect a phone that almost no one on this planet owns? Why would that hacking team use their time and resources coming up with a tool that very few people would want?

If you are a app developer or a hacker, it just makes more sense to target the platforms with large shares of the market.
    jmr1015 and anon(1173270) like this.
    07-08-15 07:59 AM
    I don't think they will be too motivated to try to hack BB10. It is kind of like the developer support problem. There is little ROI in writing apps or hacks for a completely irrelevant platform such as BB10. I mean, how many people/companies/governments out there would pay as much as � 30,000.00 for a tool to infect a phone that almost no one on this planet owns? Why would that hacking team use their time and resources coming up with a tool that very few people would want?

If you are a app developer or a hacker, it just makes more sense to target the platforms with large shares of the market.
    Because it's used by the most secure companies. Why would you want to hack joe schmoe?
    07-08-15 08:43 AM
    so symbian is still pretty popular according to you i guess lol.
    07-08-15 08:45 AM
    CBC is reporting that the exploits that Hacking Team used, has been released in the wild so it could get real interesting:

New Adobe Flash critical flaw revealed by attack on Hacking Team - Technology & Science - CBC News
    07-08-15 08:54 AM
    CBC is reporting that the exploits that Hacking Team used, has been released in the wild so it could get real interesting:

New Adobe Flash critical flaw revealed by attack on Hacking Team - Technology & Science - CBC News
    For who? Just update your Flash Player (or even better entirely remove it).

Via Pasta CB10
    Irish Blues likes this.
    07-08-15 09:00 AM
    Maybe this will get any corporations or governments that are "stuck" on BBOS and can't find a truly secure option to go ahead and commit to BB10....

But I think that this really shows, you are only as secure as your BES/IT administrator make you. Plain on BlackBerry... even a BB10 version, I wouldn't not want to bet on some other hacker out there hasn't found a way in. But a BES managed and locked down device with a totally secure work container and very little access to non approved networks or the web... SAFE. But not much fun.....
    07-08-15 09:08 AM
    I hope that this will help quell the false sense of security some BlackBerry users have. There is no such thing as a unhackable system. Software is written by humans and humans make mistakes. There are known exploits relating to bb10 as well.

It's telling that the founder of Kaspersky uses a flip phone

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 09:12 AM
    For who? Just update your Flash Player (or even better entirely remove it).

Via Pasta CB10
    Personally, I don't use Flash on either my BB or my PC's. However, the other exploits such as the crypto currency exploit, outlook, gmail, skype etc could make for some real nasty malware.
    07-08-15 09:13 AM
    I hope that this will help quell the false sense of security some BlackBerry users have. There is no such thing as a unhackable system. Software is written by humans and humans make mistakes. There are known exploits relating to bb10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    Known exploits for BB10? Enlighten us, please! Did you refer to this https://www.exploit-db.com/platform/?p=qnx ?

Via Pasta CB10
    07-08-15 09:17 AM
    A simple Google search turned up QNX exploits even some allowing root

https://www.exploit-db.com/platform/?p=qnx

We aren't immune to poorly written software

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 09:19 AM
    A simple Google search for up QNX exploits even some allowing root

https://www.exploit-db.com/platform/?p=qnx

We aren't immune to poorly written software

Posted via CB10
    Why repost the link I already posted ? Those were fixed by BB btw.

Furthermore, if I type uname -a into my phone it says QNX 8.0.0., sooo I guess that means BB10 is unaffected. At least the exploit didn't work, when I tried it once.

Via Pasta CB10
    07-08-15 09:20 AM
    so symbian is still pretty popular according to you i guess lol.
    Symbian probably has more active users than BlackBerry 10, and it hasn't been updated since 2012..
    MarsupilamiX and jmr1015 like this.
    07-08-15 09:22 AM
    So basically they use Facebook, Skype, Microsoft Google by way of flash to inject your legacy hmm ohh yea that's BlackBerry fault I guess right -_- welp no wonder flash don't work on bb10 and yet u have those whiners crying for it.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    07-08-15 09:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did u even read the article?

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    07-08-15 09:26 AM

Via Pasta CB10
    Didn't even read your post we posted at the same time.

Anyway this is a known bb10 hack that BlackBerry went into full cover up mode
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...xsacha-990870/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...curity-984932/

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 09:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sachesi? Else I have no idea what you're talking about.

Via Pasta CB10
    07-08-15 09:40 AM

Furthermore, if I type uname -a into my phone it says QNX 8.0.0., sooo I guess that means BB10 is unaffected. At least the exploit didn't work, when I tried it once.

Via Pasta CB10
    Thanks didn't know you could use a command line emulator.
    07-08-15 10:00 AM

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? No one cares about possible information of a high school 17 year old. They want government and corporate information. Most hacks are very specific to a certain group, sometimes just a handful of people at a time, not the masses. Depending on what you're looking for, a hack is worth more on a select few on the German government using BlackBerry than it is worth on over 1 million others not using BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 10:20 AM
    BBOS is pretty old technology now, it couldn't stay totally secure forever. Time for the remaining holdouts to switch to BB10!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 10:31 AM
    This is a fairly important news regardless, I wonder why CB a few times dont report such "bad" news.
    07-08-15 03:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    BB10 or BBW? I thought the issues reported were BBW related, not BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 04:09 PM
    BBOS is pretty old technology now, it couldn't stay totally secure forever. Time for the remaining holdouts to switch to BB10!

Posted via CB10
    Sure if the slider is NOT Android, and BB10 has the rest of the features from BBOS 7.1 and Link is as functional as BB Desktop. THEN I will from my 9810 to BB10
    07-08-15 04:57 PM
    Shocking a 4 year old OS with no support was hacked.

Posted via Z30
    07-08-15 07:59 PM
42 12