Even since N4BB went "New for BlackBerry and Beyond" its been "News for Beyond, and a little BlackBerry" :/
    I used to love their site and visited it daily.. Today I realized I haven't been there for days! Anyone else?
    They used to have the top news first, and often before CB. Now we have blackberry central, that also gets updated 2-3 times a week, tops!
    major disappointment for BlackBerry news.

This is where I have to give props to @Bla1ze and the rest of the team here at Crackberry. You guys are staying on top of it!
    11-24-15 10:19 AM
    Not much money in BlackBerry news these days....

I think CrackBerry still holds it's own in traffic and ad revenues - seems to still be the star of the family. But it's pretty clear that being part of Mobile Nations helps spread some of the costs.
    11-24-15 10:34 AM
    Not much money in BlackBerry news these days....

I think CrackBerry still holds it's own in traffic and ad revenues - seems to still be the star of the family. But it's pretty clear that being part of Mobile Nations helps spread some of the costs.
    Not sure about that, Alexa suggests that

Android Central - Global Rank - 831, United states - 431
    Windows central - Global Rank - 2341, United States - 1,731
    imore - Global ranking - 2637, United States - 1463
    Crackberry - Global Rank - 7,491, United states - 6,580
    Webosnation - Global Rank - 132,698, United States - 61,256
    11-24-15 11:21 AM
    Not sure about that, Alexa suggests that

Android Central - Global Rank - 831, United states - 431
    Windows central - Global Rank - 2341, United States - 1,731
    imore - Global ranking - 2637, United States - 1463
    Crackberry - Global Rank - 7,491, United states - 6,580
    Webosnation - Global Rank - 132,698, United States - 61,256
    I've just spent a little time over at AC..... doesn't "seem" to have the traffic that CB does. Or at least the community doesn't seem to be as active, looking at the comments to the main articles and the forum post.... just no where near the "participation" level as here on CrackBerry.

But traffic, and advertising dollars from unique hits.... maybe CrackBerry isn't the star?
    11-24-15 11:41 AM
    I personally think that they simply don't have much to go on as well. Can't do too much on a company that basically only produces one product in a year that gets people excited.

Barely any news on IOT....barely any news on QNX.....lol what else does BlackBerry have that consumers care about

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 11:44 AM
    Even since N4BB went "New for BlackBerry and Beyond" its been "News for Beyond, and a little BlackBerry" :/
    I used to love their site and visited it daily.. Today I realized I haven't been there for days! Anyone else?
    They used to have the top news first, and often before CB. Now we have blackberry central, that also gets updated 2-3 times a week, tops!

This is where I have to give props to @Bla1ze and the rest of the team here at Crackberry. You guys are staying on top of it!
    Got the same but with CB too. I visit the forums few times a week.
    I dont like the Priv, thats why I dont need new news anymore.
    The BB10 is dead, android is not for me.

Posted via PP
    11-24-15 11:48 AM
    I've just spent a little time over at AC..... doesn't "seem" to have the traffic that CB does. Or at least the community doesn't seem to be as active, looking at the comments to the main articles and the forum post.... just no where near the "participation" level as here on CrackBerry.
    The reason it seems that way, is because AC has a bajillion sub-forums specific to the crazy number of Android devices. Most AC users typically stick to the sub-forums applicable to the devices they own. They get in and get out pretty quick. There's not much "General discussion" type of activity (though there is some). The same applies to the Blog/Article comments, most users only post when they feel they have something applicable to say (though there are a few who post just to be seen posting). I kinda like it that way. It's nice when you can search the forums, find a topic similar to what you're looking for, then not have to scroll through pages and pages of off topic stuff to find a pertinent answer.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, cgk and m1a1mg like this.
    11-24-15 12:15 PM
    There is nothing that the Priv can do that you can't already do on an iOS or Android device to warrant moving to this phone.
    11-24-15 12:51 PM
    After their last major web site redesign where they rebuilt their forums, traffic started nose-diving. Their forums were pretty active before the switch but then it seemed like no one was around so I'm not surprised they had to branch out beyond just BlackBerry. I've given up on them myself as pretty much everything I see is stuff I see elsewhere.
    11-24-15 01:57 PM
    There is nothing that the Priv can do that you can't already do on an iOS or Android device to warrant moving to this phone.
    Ummm.... keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 11:15 AM
    Ummm.... keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    Like I said , there is nothing the Priv can of that you can't do on iOS or Android. Last time I looked both iOS and Android devices have keyboards. Physical keyboard is a minority preference. Why is that? Since Blackberry has less then 1% of the market, and they are the only manufacturer that have physical keyboards, clearly there is no demand for them. Are they better than on-screen, maybe, but again personal preference.
    11-25-15 11:33 AM
    Like I said , there is nothing the Priv can of that you can't do on iOS or Android. Last time I looked both iOS and Android devices have keyboards. Physical keyboard is a minority preference. Why is that? Since Blackberry has less then 1% of the market, and they are the only manufacturer that have physical keyboards, clearly there is no demand for them. Are they better than on-screen, maybe, but again personal preference.
    Just because there's nothing you can think of it doesn't mean there's nothing it can do
    11-25-15 11:42 AM
    N4bb was pretty bush league. At least they got rid of that loser JT. Site died the day they hire him imho.

Posted via CB10
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    11-25-15 06:25 PM
    Why is that? Since Blackberry has less then 1% of the market, and they are the only manufacturer that have physical keyboards, clearly there is no demand for them.
    That dosen't necessairly mean anything though. You got to keep in mind that no matter how good the physical keyboard from BlackBerry may be, it is still attached to a turd that 99.7% of the world's smartphone buying population didn't want. Hey, how well does full touch BlackBerry smartphones sell? Oh yea, they don't sell well either. Perhaps the problem has more to do with BlackBerry and less to do with input method.

I know that I personally would love to have a BlackBerry keyboard again. Just not enough to invest money on a locked down device from a truly incompetent company who could decide to exit the smartphone market at the drop of a hat.

Let's see Apple release a physical keyboard iPhone. How much you wanna bet that it would capture far more than 1% of the market?

People here love to claim that no one wants physical keyboards, but I believe the truth of the matter is no one wants one bad enough to own a BlackBerry just to get it.
    JeepBB and TgeekB like this.
    11-25-15 10:01 PM
    Go download a physical keyboard from Google Play, lol... ;-P

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Blackerthanblack and Witmen like this.
    11-25-15 11:49 PM
    That dosen't necessairly mean anything though. You got to keep in mind that no matter how good the physical keyboard from BlackBerry may be, it is still attached to a turd that 99.7% of the world's smartphone buying population didn't want. Hey, how well does full touch BlackBerry smartphones sell? Oh yea, they don't sell well either. Perhaps the problem has more to do with BlackBerry and less to do with input method.

I know that I personally would love to have a BlackBerry keyboard again. Just not enough to invest money on a locked down device from a truly incompetent company who could decide to exit the smartphone market at the drop of a hat.

Let's see Apple release a physical keyboard iPhone. How much you wanna bet that it would capture far more than 1% of the market?

People here love to claim that no one wants physical keyboards, but I believe the truth of the matter is no one wants one bad enough to own a BlackBerry just to get it.
    You're 100% correct. Put the name Blackberry on a product and it won't sell. I believe that holds true with the Passport and it will hold true with the Priv. Any word from Waterloo on sales numbers? I didn't think so, and I can bet you a $1 that Chen will say the demand exceeded their expectations.
    dolco likes this.
    11-26-15 08:49 AM

They keep flip flopping on their app too, one moment they pull support from it,then reactivated it again, then they pull support from it again. I kind of like the extra news but I don't want to look at the mobile site. Just reactive the app again

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 11:22 AM
    They keep flip flopping on their app too, one moment they pull support from it,then reactivated it again, then they pull support from it again. I kind of like the extra news but I don't want to look at the mobile site. Just reactive the app again

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with this. Their app situation is ridiculous. Install---uninstall---install--uninstall. Also the web site is painfully slow to load. It has gone from one of my favorite sites to one of my LEAST favorite sites very quickly.
    11-27-15 11:33 AM
    I actually removed their RSS feed from Feedly, since it has mostly been just random stuff, not even tech-related.
    12-09-15 10:53 AM
    Those rankings seem a little too high, my friend.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 08:04 AM
    When BlackBerry goes fully in the android direction, will CB simply transition into AC? Would be interesting to see.

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    01-29-16 07:31 AM
    when blackberry goes fully in the android direction, will cb simply transition into ac? Would be interesting to see.

Posted via cb10 on the classic
    no it will not!!! Blaze said it will not

01-29-16 07:33 AM
    Likewise there's nothing BB10 can do that you couldn't already do on an iOS or Android device. Gestures are a minority preference, evidently no one outside of CB/BB10 users cared for the HUB so again a minority preference. What else is there outside of that to warrant anyone leaving a platform for it?

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-29-16 08:30 AM
    I personally think that they simply don't have much to go on as well. Can't do too much on a company that basically only produces one product in a year that gets people excited.

Barely any news on IOT....barely any news on QNX.....lol what else does BlackBerry have that consumers care about

Posted via CB10
    I follow BlackBerry on Linkedin and the BlackBerry blog and there is lots of news. It might not be device specific but other BlackBerry news.

Infact, I've signed up for a webinar hosted by BlackBerry called 'Why Home Healthcare Should Go Mobile'.

If you're only interested in device news then there is not much but otherwise there is plenty of news. Maybe CB could post more of these types of article as well?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-29-16 08:52 PM
    You're 100% correct. Put the name Blackberry on a product and it won't sell. I believe that holds true with the Passport and it will hold true with the Priv. Any word from Waterloo on sales numbers? I didn't think so, and I can bet you a $1 that Chen will say the demand exceeded their expectations.
    Blackberry is releasing the Priv in an impressive amount of countries and carriers...making me think they are all-in on re-establishing the hardware business around Android, one last push. I am no expert (far from it), but the bizarre thing still seems to me - where is the corresponding ad campaign to "re-brand"...the brand?

Here in the US, Domino's Pizza did this successfully. They had TV and print ads essentially making fun of themselves, saying where they had gone wrong - but then also what the new Pizza was all about. It worked. Where is something similar from BB based on an acknowledgment that BB10 didn't sell?

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    02-03-16 02:02 AM
33 12