Okay. I'm coming from a LG Dare...yeah I know...

I am looking at getting either a Curve or Tour, but do not know what the differences between these phones are?

I've read through some of the forums and it all seems overwhelming with the OS numbers and all that jive talk...lol

Can someone put it in terms a dumphone owner can understand?

Thanks in advance!
    -Nick
    07-26-09 11:26 PM
    I've had all three of those phones. I liked how the Dare had the favs tab for all the people you call/text the most. Anyways besides all the scientific mumbo jumbo and expertise nit picking the main differences that you would notice would be the screen resolution, camera, price and speed. Going from the curve to the tour is like watching regular TV then watching HDTV. You don't really notice the difference until you get a taste of the good stuff. The camera goes from 2.0 to 3.2. The processor is a lot faster on the tour so you can have a lot more app space on the tour and it still runs through the menus fast(ish). Obviously the big difference is the price. You can buy a used curve on Craigslist for around $100 and dirt cheap with a new 2 year. The tour is $150/$200. If you just want a BB and your contract isnt up for a while I suggest just getting a cheap curve on Craigslist then upgrading once the price on the tour drops and you can sign a new 2 year.
    07-26-09 11:38 PM
    Well said PGARAY. Have you considered the Storm at all? I came from a Dare and started with a 8330 curve on VZ. It only took about a month before I missed the large touch screen. Not tryin to push because I'm a storm lover. Just a thought from my experience.
    07-27-09 12:24 AM
    I agree with tchip on the storm they are a lot cheaper at verizon and on craigslist since the tour came out. When I had the dare I wasn't too happy with the touch screen bc the touch screen couldn't keep up with my texting speed. Also, when I bought the curve it was during the storms dark days when they had all the bugs. Verizon fixed most of those though. Despite all the tech crap that you don't need to worry about, the only main difference between the storm and tour is ones a keypad and ones touchscreen. If you love touchscreens then I say go storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 04:19 AM
    The memory, screen, and OS make the difference in cost between the Curve and Tour more than worth it. Everything else is just icing on the cake. I bought a Tour and then my wife got a Curve and I couldn't believe the difference. If I had bought the Curve first I likely would have sent it back it, the OS just wouldn't do it for me. It is that big of a difference.
    07-27-09 05:20 AM
    Tour's the latest and greatest. Play with both and see what you like.
    07-27-09 08:01 AM
    Thanks for the replies!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 09:23 AM
    The only BIG diff I know of is the OS...
    Curve is 4.5 and Tour is 4.7
    Wherein gives you access to diff apps. some apps dont work on the curve while others dont work on the Tour.
    I think the Tour is too boxy personally. I like my curve. Its safe and has less software issues because its been out longer. There are others that may disagree with me but thats just the way I roll.
    I'd try them out at the store and see which feels better to you.
    07-27-09 10:16 AM
    Honestly I think it depends on when your contract is up. If you are buying retail, maybe you should get a cheap craigslist curve and use it to make sure you like blackberrys at all. Once you know you are sold, figure out if you like the keyboard/ball of the curve or if you want your touchscreen back. THEN you can move on to the pricier Storm or Tour depending on which you crave more. Just know that the Tour is more of a beast than the Storm (faster processor, more memory, etc). Both are much faster than the Curve.

Oh I had a Dare too. The Storm is so much better than the Dare... The only things I miss from the Dare are the favorites and all the camera options (lol @ slow motion). I got rid of my Dare after the screen shattered because I sat down with it in my pocket. It was in my FRONT pocket and I don't wear tight pants either haha. My Curve was very durable, so is my Storm. I can't wait to get a Tour now.
    Last edited by gardobus; 07-27-09 at 10:25 AM.
    07-27-09 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD