In the past couple BoomBox Reports we tracked the ongoing battle between iPhone and Android. With so much hype surrounding the influx of the many slick new Android devices, and Apple’s iPhone with its unparalleled good looks and sleek marketing campaigns— it’s no wonder the two operating systems have been hyped to no end by the media at large. But what about BlackBerry? How does RIM measure up to the aforementioned competition?

- 22 million downloads were made by smartphones in March 2010, 72% of these came from BlackBerry handsets.

- Not only does BlackBerry have the largest percentage of smartphone users, but they are also the most active when it comes to downloading content, with BlackBerry accounting for 72% of the 22 million downloads by smartphones on Myxer in March 2010.

- RIM continues to far outpace Windows, Palm, webOS, Android, iPhone and Symbian based on mobile visits, growing from a 58% market share in March 2009 to a 63% share in March 2010.

- Android has seen a steady increase in number of registered users on Myxer, growing from 7% in March 2009 to 17% in March 2010.

- Windows Mobile has taken the biggest hit on Myxer over the last year – losing 50% of their share of mobile visits, falling from 21% to 10%.

- The fact of the matter is that even though the press very much loves and cheers, from the proverbial grandstands, for their Apples and Androids— BlackBerry is still firmly ahead in the race. So until that checkered flag waves, don’t count out this ‘sleeping giant’ who, upon our lengthy examination, is still flexing their muscle where the rubber meets the road.

Source: March 2010: BlackBerry Dominates Downloads � Myxer's BoomBox Report
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 04-08-10 at 10:06 AM. Reason: SPAM content removed
    04-07-10 04:41 PM
    not another one

*sighs*

that is one web site....

what about all the applications/ and other various sites.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 04:52 PM
    for real, one website=HIGHLY biased data catered to meet their own motives. Obviously clearly biased when not accounting for itunes downloads, that kills this site's stats in one swoop.

22 million downloads? Ive never even heard of this site! Downloading ringtones? Is this SERIOUSLY news?!? Looks like one of those cheesy ringtone/wallpaper download sites, it really means nothing (maybe BB users are suckers who buy wallpapers and ringtones which are free all over the web?)
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-07-10 at 08:54 PM.
    04-07-10 08:49 PM
    I've fixed the graph guys... now it's correct.

04-07-10 09:21 PM
    I've fixed the graph guys... now it's correct.

Hahaha, nice.
    04-07-10 09:32 PM
    I mean cmon, BB fanboys are stooping that low now to beat out the iphone as a website that claims BB dominates in the idiots who pay for ringtones and wallpapers?

This site has ZERO credibility with these ridiculous "studies" they claim to do leading to these sweeping illogical conclusions. Measuring downloads on your dinky cheeseball ringtone/wallpaper download site is NOT the trend of the general market. These guys are idiots, I guess theyve never heard of a little thing called itunes which towers over their download count.

Theyre "conclusions," and I use that loosely, are useless.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-08-10 at 01:16 AM.
    04-08-10 01:08 AM
    Maybe people are simply bored of the incessant negative spin and trolling from the anti-blackberry fanbois on this site and want to troll them back with equally pointless posts in return.
    04-08-10 09:09 AM
    its simply a statistic.. no different to the idiotic "BB users ony 4% of web traffic" (as measured by things that dont measure BB traffic) some few weeks ago.

They clearly state its solely for their (unheard of) site.. you need to relax..and let the thread die..

I mean cmon, BB fanboys are stooping that low now to beat out the iphone as a website that claims BB dominates in the idiots who pay for ringtones and wallpapers?

This site has ZERO credibility with these ridiculous "studies" they claim to do leading to these sweeping illogical conclusions. Measuring downloads on your dinky cheeseball ringtone/wallpaper download site is NOT the trend of the general market. These guys are idiots, I guess theyve never heard of a little thing called itunes which towers over their download count.

Theyre "conclusions," and I use that loosely, are useless.
    04-08-10 11:07 AM
    Myxer - Download Ringtones and More is completely free. They don't charge.
    04-08-10 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD