why would waterloo keep leaving themselves open to this negative press and get this to market already? seem like suicide !
    11-07-12 09:10 PM
    The only mystery here is the meaning of this post.
    11-07-12 09:18 PM
    So they avoid the bigger mess an incomplete product would create. *cough* PlayBook *cough*

RIM could care less about "analysts" and "negative press"...those are the people who haven't used BB10.

Suicide would be releasing BB10 pre-Holiday 2012
    11-07-12 09:19 PM
    The only mystery here is the meaning of this post.
    you're right, I posted in haste. just meant that, i keep seeing all these articles and doomsday reports re; the BB 10, and just wondering why Rim would keep dragging it 's feet on getting this very important product for them to market and stop all this rampant speculation and negative press. seems , the longer this takes to be launch will hurt them with consumers who will lose interest. sorry to bore you!
    11-07-12 09:28 PM
    you're right, I posted in haste. just meant that, i keep seeing all these articles and doomsday reports re; the BB 10, and just wondering why Rim would keep dragging it 's feet on getting this very important product for them to market and stop all this rampant speculation and negative press. seems , the longer this takes to be launch will hurt them with consumers who will lose interest. sorry to bore you!
    Far from "dragging their feet" as their QNX team in Ottawa normally work 6-day weeks with little-non vacation.
    11-07-12 09:29 PM
    you're probably right, but , guess it just seems longer than usual or an eternity when anticipating new products. this one just seems to be taking longer than usual to get here. we are all anxious, as far as me saying dragging their feet , was not a knock on the hard working teams, just seems like RIM is slower than most at getting new and exciting things to market in a timely manner. nothing personal! besides, i am a consumer and am entiltled to have an opinion or a rant now and then ! I am sure the folks at Foxcom feel sorry for you work week also!
    11-07-12 09:36 PM
    RIM is not going to rush release the phone before everything is ready just to placate analysts who base everything on speculation with very little facts to base it on. This would just play into their little game.

After reading the latest analyst reasoning I seriously question what he calls "research". According to his reasoning all innovation should stop right now because nobody will accept an unfamiliar interface. Flawed logic and proven wrong many times.
    11-07-12 09:42 PM
    RIM is not going to rush an unfinished product to market simply because some analysts are making headlines by running their mouths with pure speculation. Not to mention it would be illegal for them to launch a product before its scheduled release date, as that would be deceiving shareholders.
    11-07-12 09:45 PM
    did not say for them to give us something unfurnished or rushed, but seem like other manufacturers seem to get their products finished, and launched a lot sooner than RIM does when they announce something new. you mean, you think RIM is not slow at adapting and changing ? they could do better!
    11-07-12 09:57 PM
    what mystery BB10 will launch next week
    11-07-12 09:58 PM
    well see! and I don't feel bad about my opinion of RIM, they are always torturing us customers with everything from new OS's to new handsets ! just sayin!
    11-07-12 10:03 PM
    did not say for them to give us something unfurnished or rushed, but seem like other manufacturers seem to get their products finished, and launched a lot sooner than RIM does when they announce something new. you mean, you think RIM is not slow at adapting and changing ? they could do better!
    The rough release date has already been set. Complaining at this point is not going to change anything. What's your point?
    11-07-12 10:05 PM
    The rough release date has already been set. Complaining at this point is not going to change anything. What's your point?
    my point was that, this BB 10 should have been out last year. that is all I was saying , in essence, RIM is just too slow to innovate, and when they do announce. a new and exciting thing , seems to take longer than other companies do when they announce new products.
    11-07-12 10:18 PM
    my point was that, this BB 10 should have been out last year. that is all I was saying , in essence, RIM is just too slow to innovate, and when they do announce. a new and exciting thing , seems to take longer than other companies do when they announce new products.
    I think the difference here is that BB10 was announced in haste by the previous team. The reason others seem to get it out sooner is they don't actually tell you anything about it until it is almost completed. The majority of the work is done before hand where as RIM was stuck doing it all in the public eye.
    11-07-12 10:27 PM
    do.NOT.feed.the.troll(the bad pess).
    never.rush.a.product.again.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    11-09-12 02:12 AM
    You can release a lot of products half baked. However, a phone isn't one of them. There is FCC (and similar) approval and then carrier approval. Imagine if the phone had a frequency "spur" that interfered with aviation. Imagine if the phone screwed up the network.

For an actor, any press is good press. Just ask Charlie Sheen. For a phone, you can handle some minor UI complaints, but the actual phone operation has to be rock solid. It could be a matter of life and death.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    11-09-12 02:23 AM