I have a icon (one of the small icons on the top of my screen), I think that this is considered the status bar area. It's a blue letter S with a red asterick. S* I scoured the web trying to find out what this icon means!! Im on a blackberry 8530 curve. Some people describe a blue letter f, I finally figured out they were talking about the facebook icon. I was able to find some docs that had rather generic explanaitons of their icons, but nothing came close to finding this one, and it missed many others. Why doesn't a huge company like RIM explain what these icons and symbols mean? UGH. Does anyone know about this icon, or have seen it before and can maybe guess?
    03-08-13 02:05 PM
    A Blue Letter S? My guess is Skype but that's a complete guess (I don't use Skype and actually just recently uninstalled it). Do you have a screenshot? I'm sure someone will know if you can provide one.
    03-08-13 02:07 PM
    Didn't think of Skype. Ive bridged it to a playbook for the last couple of months. Maybe playing around with the playbook caused me to inadvertantly put a skype icon on there. If that's what it is - that would make sense with the red astrix as they mean either update or messages. It comes and goes and is close to where the wireless connection bars are displayed. It comes and goes even though I have bars
    03-08-13 02:25 PM
    YI just have to investigate these things, they drive me nuts when I don't know. You would think I was trying to explain a UFO sighting. Nobody else on the web described this symbol. LOL
    03-08-13 02:26 PM
    How about showing a screenshot of the icon
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-08-13 02:48 PM
    A Blue Letter S? My guess is Skype but that's a complete guess (I don't use Skype and actually just recently uninstalled it). Do you have a screenshot? I'm sure someone will know if you can provide one.
    lol

Posted via CB10 from my Z
    03-08-13 07:14 PM
    Didn't think of Skype. Ive bridged it to a playbook for the last couple of months. Maybe playing around with the playbook caused me to inadvertantly put a skype icon on there. If that's what it is - that would make sense with the red astrix as they mean either update or messages. It comes and goes and is close to where the wireless connection bars are displayed. It comes and goes even though I have bars
    It's Skype, I'm 5000% sure.

Posted via CB10 from my Z
    03-08-13 07:16 PM