I was under the impression that myFaves only worked with a myFaves phone. But, I called T-Mobile today, and she (I should have gotten her name) said, I can use a phone that does NOT 'have myFaves', like the Pearl or Nokia 6103. MyFaves is actually determined by the SIM card...

So, you know what my next question is, right? Has anyone got myFaves on a T-Mobile account, and if you have, have you used a device that is NOT a 'true' myFaves device, and still gotten your calls free?

Thanks in advance
    03-27-07 11:57 AM
    Sorry for being dumb - what is myFaves? Is it specific to TMobile?

If you would rather answer in PM then fine....
    03-27-07 01:23 PM
    ...is a T-Mobile service, that allows you to have 5 numbers as you main dial/receive numbers FREE!!!
    03-27-07 01:27 PM
    And it can be Mobile and Landlines?

How cool!
    03-27-07 01:28 PM
    ...LOL - ANY number (well, except international, and that includes calling Canada from the US)...
    03-27-07 01:30 PM
    ...LOL - ANY number (well, except international, and that includes calling Canada from the US)...
    Why would you want to do that ?

Ok Kidding...

Is there a limit on it at all? And does it save you onyour incoming calls aswell?
    03-27-07 01:34 PM
    Yes, any incoming or outgoing calls to or from one of your 5 numbers does not take away from your minutes package.
    03-28-07 01:12 AM
    it doesn't matter what device you have, you can set up your 5 in mytmobile(dot)com, just login add you 5 numbers and your good.

myfav phones allow you to set up your 5 from the phone it self with out having to login to myT-mobile.
    04-02-07 07:35 PM
    I've given up myfaves; too many 'different' answers. Not on this forum, but the web in general, plus T-Mobile drop their two cents too. And, now I can change from BlackBerry to BlackBerry and not worry about anything...

Nonetheless, I don't really need unlimited talk; now data, that is another story. I now have 600 minutes for calls a month, I believe that's more than enough. My average has been 280'ish...
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-02-07 07:40 PM
    Only 600 minutes... wish I could get away with that. I'm on a Family Share with my wife... 2000 minutes. Yes, there have been a few times we've gotten close to that... but it wasn't because of me
    04-02-07 09:29 PM
    hello people i just got the bb 8320 and i have a question if im using one of the IM+ on it for example msn or yahoo, icq est. and i am connected 2 my wireless internet will that still charge me for going on and talkin 2 people on there? need help please let me know thanks
    02-04-08 02:17 AM
    hello people i just got the bb 8320 and i have a question if im using one of the IM+ on it for example msn or yahoo, icq est. and i am connected 2 my wireless internet will that still charge me for going on and talkin 2 people on there? need help please let me know thanks
    I believe it does. If you go into manage connects, turn off the mobile network, and leave the wifi network connect, you should be able to get your answer when you try to connect to your im network.
    02-04-08 02:45 AM
    Is there some guide that I can use this MyFav app on Tmobile but not US?
    02-04-08 03:46 AM
    I THINK MyFaves runs off the OS. MFs will be like a plug-in. I have seen pics of BBs using MyFaves so would imagine they not only support it, they plug the use on BlackBerrys, the pics I saw where more than likely promotional images.
    02-04-08 03:58 PM
    My Favs was pre loaded my Pearl from TMo. I don't use it so I deleted it.
    02-04-08 09:38 PM
    I was under the impression that myFaves only worked with a myFaves phone. But, I called T-Mobile today, and she (I should have gotten her name) said, I can use a phone that does NOT 'have myFaves', like the Pearl or Nokia 6103. MyFaves is actually determined by the SIM card...

So, you know what my next question is, right? Has anyone got myFaves on a T-Mobile account, and if you have, have you used a device that is NOT a 'true' myFaves device, and still gotten your calls free?

Thanks in advance
    I've had myfavs for about a year now and I wouldn't trade it for any other plan.

I have a shared myfavs plan with my wife and we have never come close to our limit.

As far as I know, a myfavs plan does require a myfavs compatible phone. I think it's a feature that comes integrated with the phone. Prior to purchasing my BB, I wanted a sidekick but it did not support myfavs so I settled with a razr which was compatible. The newest sidekick now features myfavs but NO WAY I will leave my BB.
    02-05-08 09:00 PM
    i just switched over and the rep had to check if the phone was compatible. of course my 8320 it was
    03-09-08 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD