I love BB 10. I had a Q10 and still have a Z10 and two Z30 s.

A few months ago I had the opportunity to do a trade for a Lumia 950, so I gave it a try.
    I spent several months with it on WiFi to try to get used to it. I learned a lot, but got very frustrated and finally took three One on One sessions at Microsoft. They were very helpful and I learned enough to switch my primary number SIM into it to use as my daily driver. Z30 rested for a while with my secondary number. (I never needed lessons for any BlackBerry).

I have been on the Lumia for a month. There are many things to like about it. The camera is awesome, I began to like the live tiles (never use them on my laptop). The screen is very bright and clear, sound is good etc.

But it still frustrates me. Closing apps is a pain, I really miss long pressing for caps, I miss swiping words, having lots of apps open to switch back and forth, the hub, the simplicity of the BB 10 OS.

On the Lumia the back bar gets in the way. If you don't close it, you sometimes hit it instead of the space bar and you get back to the start screen. If you close it, you have to reopen it to close an app.

I think if I had never tried BB 10, I would be very happy with the Lumia, but I'm spoiled.

My dilemma is, my Z30 is getting older and there is no upgrade. If it had the camera, the 32GB internal storage, and the removable battery of the Lumia, there would be no dilemma. As it is, I am going back to the Z30 as my daily driver, and will keep the Lumia in my car as a backup and camera.

I guess I'm not really expecting any solutions, but I just felt like venting to people who would understand!!

Posted via CB10
    rt2567 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-17-16 09:56 PM
    I think if I had never tried BB 10, I would be very happy with the Lumia, but I'm spoiled.

My dilemma is, my Z30 is getting older and there is no upgrade. If it had the camera, the 32GB internal storage, and the removable battery of the Lumia, there would be no dilemma. As it is, I am going back to the Z30 as my daily driver, and will keep the Lumia in my car as a backup and camera.

I guess I'm not really expecting any solutions, but I just felt like venting to people who would understand!!

Posted via CB10
    Well, Microsoft's OS is a little different.. And yes of course coming from another OS that you're used to, makes the whole process a little harder.. Windows is not quite friendly like Android.. The Priv is 32 GB with expandable storage but the battery is non-removable.. Maybe you can wait a little and then try the new device they'll be releasing.. That's if you're Pro-Android.
    b a e likes this.
    06-17-16 10:05 PM
    Woah how And where did you get a BlackBerry 10 phone this fast? A prototype? I thought those new superphones will only be coming next year!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    OTCHRussell and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-18-16 03:58 AM
    I love BB 10. I had a Q10 and still have a Z10 and two Z30 s.

A few months ago I had the opportunity to do a trade for a Lumia 950, so I gave it a try.
    I spent several months with it on WiFi to try to get used to it. I learned a lot, but got very frustrated and finally took three One on One sessions at Microsoft. They were very helpful and I learned enough to switch my primary number SIM into it to use as my daily driver. Z30 rested for a while with my secondary number. (I never needed lessons for any BlackBerry).

I have been on the Lumia for a month. There are many things to like about it. The camera is awesome, I began to like the live tiles (never use them on my laptop). The screen is very bright and clear, sound is good etc.

But it still frustrates me. Closing apps is a pain, I really miss long pressing for caps, I miss swiping words, having lots of apps open to switch back and forth, the hub, the simplicity of the BB 10 OS.

On the Lumia the back bar gets in the way. If you don't close it, you sometimes hit it instead of the space bar and you get back to the start screen. If you close it, you have to reopen it to close an app.

Posted via CB10
    You raise a valid point regarding typing. A lot of Android phones and Windows phones come with software home buttons. I can understand how it can be easy to hit them when you are typing since there is no way to tell them apart by the feel of it. I never thought of that issue. I think the manufacturers should definitely go back to the hardware buttons.

I am staying with my Z10 with an extended battery since the Z30 does not have the removable battery. The Z30 battery also does not last as long as my Z10 with a 3800mah extended battery. Like you, I have multiple BlackBerry 10 phones, Leap, Z30, Q10, and the Z10. I end up using the Z10 and the Q10, both with the extended battery for the long battery life instead of the newer BlackBerry 10 phones with the fixed in battery.

I would like a better and faster camera on my phones, but it is a compromise I have to love with for the everyday usability benefits that BlackBerry 10 offers.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-16 04:48 AM
    You raise a valid point regarding typing. A lot of Android phones and Windows phones come with software home buttons. I can understand how it can be easy to hit them when you are typing since there is no way to tell them apart by the feel of it. I never thought of that issue. I think the manufacturers should definitely go back to the hardware buttons.

I am staying with my Z10 with an extended battery since the Z30 does not have the removable battery. The Z30 battery also does not last as long as my Z10 with a 3800mah extended battery. Like you, I have multiple BlackBerry 10 phones, Leap, Z30, Q10, and the Z10. I end up using the Z10 and the Q10, both with the extended battery for the long battery life instead of the newer BlackBerry 10 phones with the fixed in battery.

I would like a better and faster camera on my phones, but it is a compromise I have to love with for the everyday usability benefits that BlackBerry 10 offers.

Posted via CB10
    Where did you get the extended battery for the Z10? I love the size of the Z10.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    06-18-16 06:50 AM
    Well, Microsoft's OS is a little different.. And yes of course coming from another OS that you're used to, makes the whole process a little harder.. Windows is not quite friendly like Android.. The Priv is 32 GB with expandable storage but the battery is non-removable.. Maybe you can wait a little and then try the new device they'll be releasing.. That's if you're Pro-Android.
    I'm not pro or con Android as I have never really used one. I have 2 iPads, so I am familiar with that OS.
    I might consider a Priv in the future. Right now I have too many phones LOL!!

06-18-16 06:54 AM
    Actually I am shocked that there hasn't been any 'both bb10 and wp are dead' posts.

I agree BlackBerry should have made an updated z30 with a better camera.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-16 11:42 AM
    I have a 950 also. It's a nice phone but suffers from some of the same things as a bb10 phone, namely apps. Still, removable battery and SD card make it a great business phone. I like the live tiles. I can see blackberry fans liking the 950 much better than an Android phone.
    ayngling likes this.
    06-18-16 02:41 PM
    The windows phone os is much better than droid or iOS.

BB10 is the best mobileOS of all time.

If your Z30is working keep using it. But keep the 950 in the closet for the day when a replacement isn't available.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    06-18-16 10:08 PM
    In your case, you can consider the Passport as an upgrade. Camera is good (slow to focus though), battery is non-removable but is a beast, and you get 32gb internal storage.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-16 10:50 PM
    I'm glad I learned to use it, and I am keeping it in my car as a backup.
    06-18-16 11:06 PM
    A bit too big for me. But everyone seems to like it.
    06-18-16 11:07 PM
    I have a 950 also. It's a nice phone but suffers from some of the same things as a bb10 phone, namely apps. Still, removable battery and SD card make it a great business phone. I like the live tiles. I can see blackberry fans liking the 950 much better than an Android phone.
    I have been trying out the 640 and I agree that Blackberry fans should give W10 Mobile a try. Of course there are trade-offs but that is to be expected with any manufactured device.
    06-18-16 11:45 PM
    I have been trying out the 640 and I agree that Blackberry fans should give W10 Mobile a try. Of course there are trade-offs but that is to be expected with any manufactured device.
    640 is an excellent device also. Inexpensive in the U. S.
    06-19-16 05:05 AM
    It does have a file manager like bb 10, which I really appreciate.

06-19-16 07:46 AM
    640 is an excellent device also. Inexpensive in the U. S.
    Tell me. We are getting ripped Ozz here... :-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    06-19-16 04:09 PM
    Tell me. We are getting ripped Ozz here... :-D

Why is that? I don't get it.
    06-20-16 01:54 AM
    Aussies are getting ripped off here, even with Lumia prices...

US is so much cheaper. Still seeing Lumia 5XX series going for $150 AUD... too much! :-D

06-21-16 02:56 AM
    My Z30 /WP dilemma-img_20160621_175724.png

Yeah, it's the exchange rate as well, I know, but usually electronics are much cheaper in the US, even though Asia is closer... :-)

Harvey Norman ("Hardly Normal") is an in-store / shop price, Kogan is a reliable online store (also often do grey imports), the others are small outfits doing drop-shipping from Hongkong...

Let me get some comparison pricing.

06-21-16 02:58 AM
    Whoa... see what I'm seeing? Quite a difference!

My Z30 /WP dilemma-img_20160621_180255.png

Yes, we are getting ripped Ozz... ;-D

06-21-16 03:03 AM
    This is me to a tee. I also went from a Q10 (well, Z10>Q10>Passport>Q10>Classic>Q10) to a Lumia 950. Then I got the Priv when it came out, and I love what BB has done with Android, but I just didn't like the feel of the OS, so I went back to the 950. I now run the Q10 for work (primarily email and calendar) and Lumia 950 for everything else. I really don't see any other phone on the market that suits my needs (cf. Everyday Carry - All day meetings ), with a really good camera and a replaceable battery. Oh, and the app gap feels non-existent (unless you need snapchat), it has native apps for all the things I need (some a bit buggy, but I get by).

Windows 10 mobile comes nowhere close to BB10, but it still feels a lot better to me than Android. I suspect that will be true for quite a few BB10 users.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    06-21-16 05:32 AM