My Z10 still sits on my desk, screen cracked and covered in a fine layer of dust. A memento of years of devotion to a brand and, effectively, a lifestyle that has since passed by.

For eleven years I had never dropped my phone on anything more porous than carpet. That changed last October when a quick jump away from a careless driver resulted in my Z10 landing screen first on the pavement. It was a moment of devastation, the loss of a phone was something I had never experienced.

My loyalty to BlackBerry stretched nearly a decade, as I regularly fought detractors, both friend and foe, as they mocked my device choice. Now placed in an unusual predicament and found myself debating migrating to a new device. As the years wore, I continually found myself one step behind peers� and that step was growing larger with each passing year.

One day later I held a LG G2 in my hands, my first non-BlackBerry since my Motorola V series ten years prior. Reluctantly I have been forced to admit that my G2 is, in numerous ways, superior to my Z10.

And yet I haven�t retired the remains of my Z10. It is a constant reminder that I could go back� that I should go back.

No matter how great my G2 is, I still yearn for a BlackBerry keyboard. No Android or iPhone app can compete with the classic tactile BlackBerry typing experience or its digital counterpart.

I crave the simplicity and organizational skills of the Hub. My communications, which were once streamlined under BlackBerry, now reside in a semi-disorganized mess.

Seven months later I still find myself performing BlackBerry 10 gestures for tasks. How is it that these simple movements, who were unknown to me twelve months ago, remained ingrained in my mobile psyche?

And here I sit writing this, staring at my Z10 and wondering what life would be life if my past and present mobile devices of mine merged. My G2 with those aforementioned BB10 features would be as close to mobile utopia as we could ever find.

If BlackBerry could evolve into a specific flavor of Android if you will, well that�s a thought to keep your mind racing late into the night.

Until that time arrives, or rather if it ever arrives, my Z10 will remain before me, a constant reminder of what could have been and most importantly what could be. I am, and always will be, a Crackberry at heart, even as that layer of dust grows and grows�.
    04-30-14 01:15 AM
    Well when my Z10 was stolen I went right out and got another one. The Z10 for me is the best and fits all my needs better than any android or iPhone. I have tried them all. I even had a Fujitsu android tablet to get the android OS experience. For me nothing rocks harder & better than a BlackBerry. This is my 3rd model of BlackBerry and I'll keep rocking with BlackBerry until the day comes that something fits my needs better. (However I don't see that day coming) Rocking 24-7 w/ my Z10
    04-30-14 01:25 AM
    Why don't you explain how your g2 is better?

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    Jrox74 likes this.
    04-30-14 01:56 AM
    I dropped my z10 touch screen down about 5 feet onto a ceramic floor not a dent in the damn hang and dropped it down half a flight of tiled stairs 2 days layer same thing not a dent

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    04-30-14 01:59 AM
    Nice write up OP. I dropped my Z10 once and it has the dent to prove it.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 02:26 AM
    Why don't you explain how your g2 is better?

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    Lol don't bait him like that

U already know how it's going to end ha

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    04-30-14 03:39 AM
    Lol don't bait him like that

U already know how it's going to end ha

Posted via CB10
    Specs baby specs!!! Lol all that wonderful thing about the z10 and somehow the g2 is better? It don't make sense.

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    04-30-14 09:34 AM