UPDATE***

Talked to my prof and it's a no go unfortunately. He said he would like to let me retake the test but if he allowed me then it would cause a flood of others asking for a retake with less legitimate reasons. All in all he is enforcing the line of the course. Since my mistake wasn't medical or family reasons he will not allow a retake. Which logically is fair, as many on this thread was saying I should of set a back up and avoid this situation. So in conclusion I took a hit on my GPA, lost $1200, and lost some internships oppurtunities. I just wish it wasn't the Z10 that let me down.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously sucks. Was it a core course? You can still get into a good graduate school if your GPA remains high on your core.
    05-01-13 06:26 PM
    It was 3 am when I read this.. I skimmed through the post and misread it, big deal. Members here are so aggressive. It's no wonder most of you turn so many people off.

Posted via CB10
    said the guy named newhybridkilla :P
    05-01-13 08:12 PM
    I need to get up at 5am for work most mornings, but there's times when I need to be up for 4:00 or earlier instead.

I have a Z10 set as an alarm next to my bed, a digital alarm clock with a 9v battery backup across the room from the bed, and a 9930 from work on the other part of the room across from the bed. Odds of one failing are higher than the odds of all 3 failing.

Is it reasonable to expect the clock app to work? Yes.
    Is a bug that causes the clock to not work for a small (albeit, important) amount of time worth writing off the whole phone as faulty? I think you may be rushing to ill-thought out judgement in your rage.
    05-01-13 08:28 PM
    you trippin son shoulda been sure it was set

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-01-13 08:40 PM
    you trippin son shoulda been sure it was set

Yeeee dawg I was straight trippin and actin da fool, amirite????

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-01-13 09:59 PM
    Jason, The take away is not that the Z10 in early months let you down, not that you lost $1200, a hit on your GPA, nor loosing some internships ... no ... its that you took a MAJOR step towards being your OWN man!

You took responsibility for your own actions - dispite the obvious bug in BB10!! For that sir, and I use that sparringly unless deservedly, will have you return next year with internships of your choosing because during the process you'll be seen as much more mature and someone who can be relied on, and when you make mistakes they can count on your mettle of taking responsibilty for your own actions! You may or may not have heard this before, but when clout, money, fame and importance in your stature of your job and workplace (power) is gone all you have left is your word, your balls, and your honor (some call it self respect reciprocated by your peers). These are staples that make a man in this world, and you sir took a major step towards that!

For that you deserve ...
    Attachment 156464
    Yes although it sucks, I am now glad this happened sooner rather than later. I for sure learned my lesson and am taking responsibility for what has happened.

Am I mad that BB10 has a buggy clock app? Yes
    Could I have avoided it? Absolutely
    05-01-13 10:02 PM
    It isn't buggy for me. It's worked every single morning since I've had my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:26 PM
    It isn't buggy for me. It's worked every single morning since I've had my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Well that's good to hear, just make sure to check if the clock app is working every time though

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:35 AM
183 ... 678