My friend, let me tell you that you are one of the lucky people who can get that battery life in an iPhone 5s, my GF has a 5S, her BF, another friend of mine who owns a tech store, and a bunch of my friends rocking the 5 and 5S, they have to charge it 3 times a day. I do 2 charges and I use my phone a lot.

Posted via CB10
    I guess I was given a magical 5S. I got it on launch day. Maybe it is infused with the spirit of Steve Jobs for extra battery power? LOL
    02-07-14 10:21 AM
    Yeah, I don't think anyone here is going to dispute that the Z30 gets better battery life than the 5s, but saying that the iPhone doesn't measure up is crazy talk. The Z30 screen is quite poor, and the chipset is old. The benchmarks are terrible. The camera is adequate. The 5s screen is one of the best out there, and the chipset and benchmarks are tops. So is the camera.

Also, with that Thunderdome thing, I found some of that to be BS. They said the Z30 had the best camera/best phone for photography over the Lumia 1020...cmon, especially the Z30, that's just a complete joke.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    I am not sure why you use iphone and hang out with the BlackBerry folks. I sure don't hang out with the iphone sites. But since you do, you must be looking for enough proof to switch. Get a z30 my friend. You will wonder quite simply how you did without one. You talk about hardware specs. Listen, if someone makes a race car, that sips on fuel, and breaks through barriers that couldn't be broken before then so be it. Don't look at BlackBerry devices on hardware. You are wasting precious time and you are making points on only BB10 users would understand. It's the end result of hardware and software. You talk about people having a hard time understanding. Now as for the iphone and it's so called super screen, who cares......the z30 screen is great, and big enough to read. Iphones are tiny little useless screens period. Enjoy your Web browsing.....lol. Also, what good is a screen that turns black when the phone dies premature. Don't ever preach on iphone battery life. I see the kids walking with chargers all the time. Sitting at outlets in the mall, airports etc. My daughter is always plugged in at home. It's hilarious at best and truly disappointing to see how many people are brainwashed on the iphone. The z30 is the BB10 device to have, and I guarantee it makes the iphone look bad side by side. You only had apps, now that advantage is gone. I have 80 gigs....you? NFC....you? HDMI out....you? Extreme battery life....you don't ! Built in productivity....you need to go find an app! Not locked in a walled garden....you? DNLA and Miracast....you?(go get Apple TV). True Multitasking....dont even go there......man I could go on and on. it takes me less than a minute to beat the iphone at a head to head contest. Less than a minute.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 10:25 AM
    I find it absolutely hilarious how two of us with iPhone actually post screenshots of great battery life, and we get accused of fabricating images, making this up, or our iPhones batteries aren't calibrated properly. Both of us say that our experience with Z10 battery life has been awful, and explain our use and how we use both devices the same way.

But when you guys post your screenshots of the Z10 getting good/great battery life, we don't say you are lying, making things up or have a poorly calibrated battery. We believe that your usage may very well be different and you can be getting said numbers.

It's a god damn embarrassment that you guys can't believe two people who have been part of this community more likely longer than you, who have no reason to lie and have both devices on hand. Especially when one of them is an Ambassador which is selected by the CB Team (AFAIK). It really is a shame.
    02-07-14 10:29 AM
    I am not sure why you use iphone and hang out with the BlackBerry folks. I sure don't hang out with the iphone sites. But since you do, you must be looking for enough proof to switch. Get a z30 my friend. You will wonder quite simply how you did without one. You talk about hardware specs. Listen, if someone makes a race car, that sips on fuel, and breaks through barriers that couldn't be broken before then so be it. Don't look at BlackBerry devices on hardware. You are wasting precious time and you are making points on only BB10 users would understand. It's the end result of hardware and software. You talk about people having a hard time understanding. Now as for the iphone and it's so called super screen, who cares......the z30 screen is great, and big enough to read. Iphones are tiny little useless screens period. Enjoy your Web browsing.....lol. Also, what good is a screen that turns black when the phone dies premature. Don't ever preach on iphone battery life. I see the kids walking with chargers all the time. Sitting at outlets in the mall, airports etc. My daughter is always plugged in at home. It's hilarious at best and truly disappointing to see how many people are brainwashed on the iphone. The z30 is the BB10 device to have, and I guarantee it makes the iphone look bad side by side. You only had apps, now that advantage is gone. I have 80 gigs....you? NFC....you? HDMI out....you? Extreme battery life....you don't ! Built in productivity....you need to go find an app! Not locked in a walled garden....you? DNLA and Miracast....you?(go get Apple TV). True Multitasking....dont even go there......man I could go on and on. it takes me less than a minute to beat the iphone at a head to head contest. Less than a minute.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think he's an iPhone user (I may be wrong).

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    ajst222 likes this.
    02-07-14 10:30 AM
    I fully agree with this. I love my Z10 but if I didn't have a spare battery bundle, I would've took this phone back by now. My screen brightness has never been on anything but the lowest setting for this very reason. I don't even consider myself a power user really either because when I can kill my battery in 4 hours, I'm usually just Web browsing, bbm, and listening to music. Lol that isn't to heavy is it?

I would love a Z30 to see if it really gets the battery life others say it gets

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I do almost the same things as you (plus emailing and gps). The battery on my Z10 left a lot to be desired. It increased quite a bit when I turned off location services and the slide to wake feature, but I hated disabling those. It was a pain turning location services on each time I wanted to do something like check into Foursquare, and I enjoyed the slide to wake feature. But, ultimately having the battery last through the day was more important. Even with those features turned off I still had to charge the Z10 during my commute home.

I'm partial to Android devices, but dislike how I'm at the mercy of the manufacturers when it comes to battery size/life. I enjoyed my Sony Xperia Z, but the battery life was pretty dang bad. My LG G2, however, is incredible due to the 3000mah battery. I don't have to charge it on my commute home and I'm frequently left with over 50% when I'm ready to go to bed at around 11:00!
    Rello likes this.
    02-07-14 10:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    I happen to know aj had a Z10 got rid of it for something else, iPhone? I think an android? And just not long ago traded his whatever for a Z10! Not what you thought, eh?
    ajst222 likes this.
    02-07-14 10:39 AM
    There were three of us girls who got our Z10s at about the same time.

I was the last holdout.

All three of us were disgusted with the battery life.

All three of us are serial smartphone users, meaning we get *devices* instead of offering unending obeisance to a platform. Silly us. We get what we like, we discuss it, if we like it we keep it if not we move on.

Heresy.

(.....and yet we're called sheep, etc)

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    02-07-14 11:07 AM
    Oh by the way....remember when the Android devices were criticised for the large screens???? now they're de rigueur...

Hilarious....

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    02-07-14 11:09 AM
    I happen to know aj had a Z10 got rid of it for something else, iPhone? I think an android? And just not long ago traded his whatever for a Z10! Not what you thought, eh?
    So you are saying he had a Z10, went to either an iphone or an android and has come back to a z10......if true, here is what I think. AJ is always bragging about an iphone, so one is lead to believe he is an iphone addict here just to **** on BlackBerry like so many others, or he likes playing the Devils advocate too often. On another note, to return to BB10 because you miss the OS, then return to a z30 not a z10 if you need more battery performance. As for my comments regarding the z30 being a superior device as of the last OS update. Absolutely, hands down. We have iphones, z10 and z30's, plus ipads, mac books, playbooks and windows 8 computers in our household. I know what I am talking about. At my company we had iphones, and S3, S4. The z10 replaced them. A few started with the z10, it is a far superior corporate device. The others willingly traded in their devices for z10 units. We now are trading out the heavy users to z30. Simply the best device. Now with direct android apps, getting manufacturer apps on the z units is icing on the cake. Listen, I am involved in all types of devices for personal and work use. I see the in and outs on more than a single person use. The z10 is an 8-10 hour device with good use......period. if someone only gets 5.....well there could be other issues. Like their phone is searching for LTE but there is none in their area, or wifi connection issues. The iphone is a similar battery phone. The z30 is in a class of its own. And a great class at that.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 11:14 AM
    Will it work with the Q10 latest o's 10.2.1 ??

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 11:19 AM
    I don't want to speak for him but I think he said he likes the OS etc. but hated the battery life. I think he was going by members here saying how much battery life had improved so he wanted to give it another shot.
    02-07-14 11:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't own an iPhone. Never have. I hang around here because I have a Z10 and enjoy BB10, but I'm also not blind to the short comings.

As far as the screen, cmon...quit making excuses. That's all I can say. And screen size is completely personal preference. Because the Z30 screen is bigger makes it a better phone? Well then the Z30 must be a piece of crap compared to the Lumia 1520 (which I for the record think is a much better phone, and the big screen has nothing to do with it).

Apps...honestly, I think you're severely underestimating the value.

And again, I DON'T OWN AN IPHONE.

02-07-14 11:52 AM
    Thanks for the backup, and the same to you Rello! I had a Z10 since launch, traded for a Lumia 928, and then came back mainly for BBM.

02-07-14 11:54 AM
    On a side note, windows finally has a Canadian banking app. Rbc I think it was

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 11:55 AM
    Iphones are tiny little useless screens period. Enjoy your Web browsing.....lol.
    So by this logic, what's the point of getting a Q10 with a 3.1" screen if a 4" screen is "tiny little useless?" And the Z10 for that matter is only .2" bigger than the iPhone. And how did BBOS users ever survive??
    avt123, EddieAIG, Rello and 2 others like this.
    02-07-14 12:03 PM
    I don't even consider myself a power user really either because when I can kill my battery in 4 hours, I'm usually just Web browsing, bbm, and listening to music. Lol that isn't to heavy is it?
    It isn't the tasks that make your use heavy, it's how often you perform those tasks. And yes, web browsing is one of the heaviest tasks, because the screen is on, you're interacting with it and constantly there's wireless networks usage and web pages have to be loaded and processed. And what exactly do you do with the phone that you're able to kill the battery within 4 hrs? Even if I WANTED to, I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that thing to kill the battery within 4 hrs.

Via da ZeeTen
    02-07-14 12:04 PM
    My friend, let me tell you that you are one of the lucky people who can get that battery life in an iPhone 5s, my GF has a 5S, her BF, another friend of mine who owns a tech store, and a bunch of my friends rocking the 5 and 5S, they have to charge it 3 times a day. I do 2 charges and I use my phone a lot.

Posted via CB10
    Now listen to this man and his friends. HowTF is this even remotely possible? If....others can get 9 hrs of use out of their iPhones plus an additional 14 hrs of standby, and this man's friends have to charge their phone 3 times a day - how much usage do those friends get out of a day of 24 hrs? 27 or something + 42 hrs of standby?

GREAT.

Via da ZeeTen
    02-07-14 12:11 PM
    So you are saying he had a Z10, went to either an iphone or an android and has come back to a z10......if true, here is what I think. AJ is always bragging about an iphone, so one is lead to believe he is an iphone addict here just to **** on BlackBerry like so many others, or he likes playing the Devils advocate too often. On another note, to return to BB10 because you miss the OS, then return to a z30 not a z10 if you need more battery performance. As for my comments regarding the z30 being a superior device as of the last OS update. Absolutely, hands down. We have iphones, z10 and z30's, plus ipads, mac books, playbooks and windows 8 computers in our household. I know what I am talking about. At my company we had iphones, and S3, S4. The z10 replaced them. A few started with the z10, it is a far superior corporate device. The others willingly traded in their devices for z10 units. We now are trading out the heavy users to z30. Simply the best device. Now with direct android apps, getting manufacturer apps on the z units is icing on the cake. Listen, I am involved in all types of devices for personal and work use. I see the in and outs on more than a single person use. The z10 is an 8-10 hour device with good use......period. if someone only gets 5.....well there could be other issues. Like their phone is searching for LTE but there is none in their area, or wifi connection issues. The iphone is a similar battery phone. The z30 is in a class of its own. And a great class at that.

Posted via CB10
    Again, NOT AN IPHONE USER, and I'm not an iPhone lover as you portray me. And I didn't want to get a Z30. I don't see it as enough of an upgrade from the Z10 (and no, as I said earlier, bigger doesn't necessarily make it better). It's year old hardware that I'm not going to waste my upgrade on. I'm not saying that the iPhone is good "just cuz". I'm saying so because it is. It's the staple for a high quality high end phone.

02-07-14 12:14 PM

Again.

Off the charger yesterday at 1:30 pm.

Dead this morning at 10:00 am.

Couple of hours call. BBM. Messaging. Browsing. Picture taking and posting to FB. FB. CB. YouTube. Outside forums. Banking. Bill paying.

Oh!!!!! Ordered a pizza from Domino's.

My usual stuff on a weekday/weeknight.

As compared to this.

Attachment 245894

CANT. MAKE. IT. ANY. CLEARER.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    02-07-14 12:49 PM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/yra7yrat.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/9ega4a2a.jpg

Again.

Couple of hours call. BBM. Messaging. Browsing. Picture taking and posting to FB. FB. CB. YouTube. Outside forums. Banking. Bill paying.

As compared to this.

Attachment 245894

1:30 pm to 10:00 am = 20 hrs and 30 minutes. That phone shows 27 hrs and 41 minutes of uptime. What's wrong here?

Via da ZeeTen
    02-07-14 02:30 PM
    1:30 pm to 10:00 am = 20 hrs and 30 minutes. That phone shows 27 hrs and 41 minutes of uptime. What's wrong here?

Via da ZeeTen
    NOOOOOO! No no no no no no no! For the millionth time standby time is the total time the phone has been on and off the charger. The usage time is the time that the phone was actually being used.

mikeo007 and avt123 like this.
    02-07-14 02:33 PM

Via da ZeeTen

NO IT DOES NOT.

Read the plethora of links provided within this very same thread about Usage/Standby.

It is not Usage + Standby = Total time from 100% to drain.

It is Usage *within* Standby = Total time from 100% to drain. 20 hours was the total time since 100% which is the reason I provided the screenshot to show an off the charger moment. 10:00 was the time it drained fully. Within those 20 hours it was in full use seven hours. IF I would have used my Z10 for seven hours it would have drained in seven hours and there would not have been anything left, as is shown on the screenshot of the Z10, which was fully charged and off the charger at 7:00 a.m. and died at 1:00 p.m. Within that time there was use, but BlackBerry did not have a device analyser when the Z10 came out and I no longer had the phone when the analyser DID come out.

Clear yet? Somehow I don't think it will be.....but really, I'm done here. It's Friday, weekend is coming, and I'm out to have some *me* time.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 02-07-14 at 02:49 PM.
    mikeo007 and ajst222 like this.
    02-07-14 02:38 PM
    AND let's look at the atrocious time on the Z10, shall we?

Again.

As compared to this.

Attachment 245894

02-07-14 02:39 PM
    AND let's look at the atrocious time on the Z10, shall we?
    My z10's battery is great
    My Z10 battery vs wife's iPhone 5-img_20140207_155953.png

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 03:00 PM
    I love my Z10 but complaints about the battery life are totally valid. It does have poor battery life. That is probably one of the biggest weaknesses of the phone.

The OP's wife sounds to have an extreme case scenario with her iPhone which does happen with all types of phones. My sister and several of my friends have the 5s and while the battery isn't amazing I've never heard them complain about it running down so fast and yes they all have better battery life than my Z10 and they are heavier users than I am.
    ajst222, Rello and Morty2264 like this.
    02-07-14 03:14 PM
180 ... 5678