Right.

This is what I ultimately got out of the last charge I showed. Down to 1%.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/u6uhuhy6.jpg

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    Big deal....you only got 8 hours of use. So by supper my iphone would be dead. I use my z30 all day as much as I want. Never bled it dry yet. Sorry baby.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 07:03 PM
    You will need something else to laugh about. I'm a long time away from having been a teenager, I haven't got an external pack or walk around with chargers hanging out of my pockets, and I posted my screenshots of above 20 hours consistently. My Z10 was nowhere near that battery life. My Q10 matches my iPhone 5s. I haven't got a Z30 so I can't speak for it.
    Sweetheart......after 12 hours of use, at the current slope on the graph, 2 days and 8 hours to go......not 2 days and 8 hours of stand by. The z30 is a beast of a phone. Task for task, I guarantee your iphone will be dead long before my z30. Contest wouldn't even be close......besides, on mobile Thunderdome I think it was called, the z30 destroyed your precious iphone. it's time for iphone users to admit, at this point in time, their devices do not measure up.....plain and simple.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 07:10 PM
    Sweetheart......after 12 hours of use, at the current slope on the graph, 2 days and 8 hours to go......not 2 days and 8 hours of stand by. The z30 is a beast of a phone. Task for task, I guarantee your iphone will be dead long before my z30. Contest wouldn't even be close......besides, on mobile Thunderdome I think it was called, the z30 destroyed your precious iphone. it's time for iphone users to admit, at this point in time, their devices do not measure up.....plain and simple.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that Q was comparing the Z30 to be fair,she was comparing the iPhone 5s to the Z10, personally my iPhone battery sucks. Its worse than my Z10 but as I mentioned the Z30 that I carry is my saviour.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-14 07:14 PM
    Big deal....you only got 8 hours of use. So by supper my iphone would be dead. I use my z30 all day as much as I want. Never bled it dry yet. Sorry baby.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm I think you misinterpreted the numbers. It's not only 8 hours of the phone being on, that's how much the phone was used. Does BB10 show how long the phone was on versus usage? No, it doesn't.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    02-06-14 07:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I don't think anyone here is going to dispute that the Z30 gets better battery life than the 5s, but saying that the iPhone doesn't measure up is crazy talk. The Z30 screen is quite poor, and the chipset is old. The benchmarks are terrible. The camera is adequate. The 5s screen is one of the best out there, and the chipset and benchmarks are tops. So is the camera.

Also, with that Thunderdome thing, I found some of that to be BS. They said the Z30 had the best camera/best phone for photography over the Lumia 1020...cmon, especially the Z30, that's just a complete joke.

kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-14 07:21 PM
    Phone was taken off the charger shortly after 8:30 this morning. Phone was fully charged at 10:00 pm last night by my bed side. Phone was used for at least 1 hour while in the charger before bed, and another 1/2 hour in the morning. It is not reporting ANY of that time used, it's only reporting the time since it was off the charger. This makes sense since the readings are specifically under the "battery usage" section.
    Your numbers are more in line with Standby equating to time off charger and not time since last full charge as defined on the Apple website .

The usage stats r not being disputed at all.

QB posted one with 21 hours of standby time and approx 9 hours of usage.

Another with over 24 hours of standby and over 10 hours usage time .

Assuming it's been 21 hours since QB's phone was taken off charger and QB was able to use the phone for 9 hours, that would mean you could literally go 30 hours on a full charge between sleep time and usage time before needing to charge it again.

Not even gonna bother with the over 1 day standby time and some other high number usage time combination screen shot.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 07:39 PM
    My Z10 battery vs wife's iPhone 5-img_20140206_210051.png

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maxi...formance/#mn_p

Clearly defines Standby as time phone has been powered on since last full charge including time asleep (i.e awake + asleep)

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 08:04 PM
    Sorry, but no matter which side you're on, this discussion is silly because it's moot. Unless you've done a controlled experiment using both phones in exactly the same way on the same network with the same number of contacts, messages, video, audio, call time, etc. -- all of this over a period of time, collecting many data points for analysis -- there's no way to say which OS reigns supreme with regard to power management.

I have to say, though, that based on my own experience, my money would be on the Z10.
    Stewartj1, undone and shupor like this.
    02-06-14 08:14 PM
    Clearly defines Standby as time phone has been powered on since last full charge including time asleep (i.e awake + asleep)

Posted via CB10
    Look, I'm not up for arguing with you about what you THINK their description means.
    It's clearly a measurement of battery life as evident from the screenshots in this thread. Try it yourself if you don't believe everyone. The timer starts from the minute you UNPLUG the phone, not from the minute that the charge hits 100%. That's a pointless measurement.

The only reason they state "since its last full charge" is because the counter is not reset if you don't charge the device fully. A full charge will reset the Standby timer, which will begin counting again as soon as the phone is unplugged.

Sorry if the statements confuse you, but actual usage would prove you wrong.
    avt123 likes this.
    02-06-14 08:17 PM
    I don't get what all the confusion is with the iPhone battery life stats...

02-06-14 08:21 PM
    What a lovely thread...arguments and counter arguments....who will win? Its fascinating to watch---not really, it has been become a bit pedantic mithink
    02-06-14 10:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sweetypie, have a better read, my darling studmuffin.

I never mentioned the Z30, my deary sugarplum.

And by the way, snookums, in evey post I said MY USAGE. So, loverboy, I could not care less about Thunderdome except to say
    Mel looked yummy in it.

OK, my snugglywugglybear?

My Z10 had an atrocious battery life that would not last to lunch after being off the charger at 7, my sweet wee cookie.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    02-06-14 11:58 PM
    I don't get what all the confusion is with the iPhone battery life stats...

Cognitive dissonance.

mikeo007, Morty2264 and avt123 like this.
    02-07-14 12:00 AM
    Your numbers are more in line with Standby equating to time off charger and not time since last full charge as defined on the Apple website .

The usage stats r not being disputed at all.

QB posted one with 21 hours of standby time and approx 9 hours of usage.

Another with over 24 hours of standby and over 10 hours usage time .

Assuming it's been 21 hours since QB's phone was taken off charger and QB was able to use the phone for 9 hours, that would mean you could literally go 30 hours on a full charge between sleep time and usage time before needing to charge it again.

Not even gonna bother with the over 1 day standby time and some other high number usage time combination screen shot.

Posted via CB10
    It starts to count when off the charger, not when 100% is reached.

02-07-14 12:04 AM
    Ridiculous. #jobless folks.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    02-07-14 12:19 AM
    My colleagues with the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s all just switched to Samsung Galaxy S4 after the recent iOS 7 update. Lots of people don't like it. Oh and they've all seen and used my Q10 and think it's a joke. People have their preferences!
    Lol they think is a joke?

And yet, there are lots of critics about the galaxy S4 flaws with the battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 02:24 AM
    Your wife needs to check her settings. There is either something wrong with her device or something going on with her apps/notification refreshes.

I have never heard of anyones iPhone 5 only lasting 3 hours unless they are streaming music on the highest quality while watching videos and doing a ton of browsing in between, all while having a bad mobile connection.

I have a 5S and can get up to 30 hours with moderate use, 20 (9 hours of actually use, 11 standby) with heavy use. The 5 should be able to get close to that or sometime better as Q showed above.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psrjhofewe.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psf4apo9fp.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psbzgxgmpr.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pswasp1eos.png
    My friend, let me tell you that you are one of the lucky people who can get that battery life in an iPhone 5s, my GF has a 5S, her BF, another friend of mine who owns a tech store, and a bunch of my friends rocking the 5 and 5S, they have to charge it 3 times a day. I do 2 charges and I use my phone a lot.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 02:30 AM
    My only question then is what does BB consider usage? because you got people that have posted Z10 screenshots saying their device should last another 2+ days and I know my Z10 has NEVER displayed anything over 12 hours.

I respect your opinion but while you are saying peoples screenshots arent accurate of the actual phone usage when it comes to the iphone, what do you say to people claiming to get 20+ hours on the regular when I can tell you that my battery is replaced two to three times a day? Seriously at school my battery is done after 5 hours and all im mainly doing is BBM, web browsing and listening to miusic which i honestly dont consider too heavy of tasks.
    Point is I never referred to actual Z10 baterry stat screenshots and BB10 doesn't even display 'usage' time, therefore there is no need to discuss BlackBerrys definition of 'usage' - as there is none. Also, I won't refer to the "X hrs/days left" stat, because it's never accurate.

I have no clue what a Z10 has to go through to only last 7 or 8 hrs. Qbnkelt and avt123 claim that they use their Z10s 100% equal to their iPhones and I guess all we can do at this point is to swallow what they say and either believe it or not.

What I found out so far is that the Z10 consumes approx 20% battery per hour at straight constant use of multiple apps incl non stop screen interaction at 80% brightness. That gives you at least 5 hrs of non-stop usage at 80% brightness, before the battery dies. Now if Qbnkelt's and avt123s claims are really true, the iPhone has to last 15 hours of constant use of multiple apps and screen interaction straight - or, the moment the Z10 dies after 5 hrs, the iPhone 5S still has 66% battery left. Know what? I don't believe it.

Via da ZeeTen
    02-07-14 02:41 AM
    Point is I never referred to actual Z10 baterry stat screenshots and BB10 doesn't even display 'usage' time, therefore there is no need to discuss BlackBerrys definition of 'usage' - as there is none. Also, I won't refer to the "X hrs/days left" stat, because it's never accurate.

I have no clue what a Z10 has to go through to only last 7 or 8 hrs. Qbnkelt and avt123 claim that they use their Z10s 100% equal to their iPhones and I guess all we can do at this point is to swallow what they say and either believe it or not.

What I found out so far is that the Z10 consumes approx 20% battery per hour at straight constant use of multiple apps incl non stop screen interaction at 80% brightness. That gives you at least 5 hrs of non-stop usage at 80% brightness, before the battery dies. Now if Qbnkelt's and avt123s claims are really true, the iPhone has to last 15 hours of constant use of multiple apps and screen interaction straight - or, the moment the Z10 dies after 5 hrs, the iPhone 5S still has 66% battery left. Know what? I don't believe it.

Via da ZeeTen
    I am just about done with your insinuations that I'm a liar, OK? As I've said I'm manufacturing nothing here.

Same accounts, same person, same habits. Same usage. Difference would be the absence of apps such as banking apps, Instagram, etc. I don't stream music or play games, so the apps that I've got on the iPhone are news, travel, finance, etc.

You keep forgetting that I am making the SAME statement about the Q10. As in my Q10 is double the battery life of my Z10.

My Z10's battery life was atrocious.

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-07-14 03:23 AM
    I am just about done with your insinuations that I'm a liar, OK? As I've said I'm manufacturing nothing here.

Same accounts, same person, same habits. Same usage. Difference would be the absence of apps such as banking apps, Instagram, etc. I don't stream music or play games, so the apps that I've got on the iPhone are news, travel, finance, etc.

You keep forgetting that I am making the SAME statement about the Q10. As in my Q10 is double the battery life of my Z10.

My Z10's battery life was atrocious.

The point I try to make here is that it's probably YOUR Z10, not THE Z10. You made your observations, I made mine. I assume both of us don't lie.

As said, I used my Z10 for three hours straight, unteracting with the screen, playing music etc, the screen on time was at least 97% during those three hours. Brightness was 80%, those three hours consumed 60% battery - so it is what it is: 20% per hour.

At very light use at 80% brightness the phone consumed 22% over the course of 10 hrs.

So these are my stats:
    Brightness level 80%
    Very light - light use 2.2%/h
    Constant heavy use screen lit nonstop 20%/h

These are accurate stats, one can do math on them. Now what's your Z10 like? Basically it has to be much worse than mine, that's the point. Because otherwise the iPhone would have to last 15 hrs of constant usage and screen interaction, which I don't believe.

Via da ZeeTen
    02-07-14 05:04 AM
    Wow these threads are hilarious to read and the comments from delusional wizards make it even better.

My iPhone lasts me a full work day without the need for recharging, it doesn't have the insane battery life of the Z30 but if I were list all the shortcomings of the Z30 I would probably go past the word limit on this forum.
    02-07-14 07:53 AM
    All things are not equal, mileage may vary, blah blah...someone please shoot this thread....
    02-07-14 08:08 AM
    The point I try to make here is that it's probably YOUR Z10, not THE Z10. You made your observations, I made mine. I assume both of us don't lie.

As said, I used my Z10 for three hours straight, unteracting with the screen, playing music etc, the screen on time was at least 97% during those three hours. Brightness was 80%, those three hours consumed 60% battery - so it is what it is: 20% per hour.

At very light use at 80% brightness the phone consumed 22% over the course of 10 hrs.

So these are my stats:
    Brightness level 80%
    Very light - light use 2.2%/h
    Constant heavy use screen lit nonstop 20%/h

These are accurate stats, one can do math on them. Now what's your Z10 like? Basically it has to be much worse than mine, that's the point. Because otherwise the iPhone would have to last 15 hrs of constant usage and screen interaction, which I don't believe.

Via da ZeeTen
    Go back and read my posts. I speak of MY usage, MY devices. I don't speak for THE Z10, I speak of MY Z10, which I no longer have. I also speak of MY Q10. And I stated I could not speak for THE Z30 because I haven't got one so therefore I can't speak of MY Z30. This habit of speaking for MY experiences already prompted someone here to claim that I want to make it all about me. I DO speak for MY experiences because I don't presume to speak for others. From my very first post I stated that the screenshots were of MY usage, not THE iPhone 5s.

Also, IF I were the only person holding THE only Z10 with atrocious battery life, there would be no one else in the forums making the same statements.

I posted to tell the OP to check his settings and provided screenshots to show that MY usage was significantly different, and given that, there would be settings that can be adjusted. And it all went to h3ll in a handbasket several posts later with folks who needed to tell me I was fabricating, doctoring, or manufacturing screenshots.

My Z10 is gone. I've got the Q10 now which has EXCELLENT battery life and which gets me the same usage, or extremely similar usage, to my iPhone 5s.

02-07-14 08:15 AM
    Look, I'm not up for arguing with you about what you THINK their description means.
    It's clearly a measurement of battery life as evident from the screenshots in this thread. Try it yourself if you don't believe everyone. The timer starts from the minute you UNPLUG the phone, not from the minute that the charge hits 100%. That's a pointless measurement.

The only reason they state "since its last full charge" is because the counter is not reset if you don't charge the device fully. A full charge will reset the Standby timer, which will begin counting again as soon as the phone is unplugged.

Sorry if the statements confuse you, but actual usage would prove you wrong.
    Yes, it starts as soon as the plug is removed from the phone. Usage will stay at zero and standby at zero if left on the charger.
    02-07-14 10:17 AM
    Go back and read my posts. I speak of MY usage, MY devices. I don't speak for THE Z10, I speak of MY Z10, which I no longer have. I also speak of MY Q10. And I stated I could not speak for THE Z30 because I haven't got one so therefore I can't speak of MY Z30. This habit of speaking for MY experiences already prompted someone here to claim that I want to make it all about me. I DO speak for MY experiences because I don't presume to speak for others. From my very first post I stated that the screenshots were of MY usage, not THE iPhone 5s.

Also, IF I were the only person holding THE only Z10 with atrocious battery life, there would be no one else in the forums making the same statements.

I posted to tell the OP to check his settings and provided screenshots to show that MY usage was significantly different, and given that, there would be settings that can be adjusted. And it all went to h3ll in a handbasket several posts later with folks who needed to tell me I was fabricating, doctoring, or manufacturing screenshots.

My Z10 is gone. I've got the Q10 now which has EXCELLENT battery life and which gets me the same usage, or extremely similar usage, to my iPhone 5s.

I fully agree with this. I love my Z10 but if I didn't have a spare battery bundle, I would've took this phone back by now. My screen brightness has never been on anything but the lowest setting for this very reason. I don't even consider myself a power user really either because when I can kill my battery in 4 hours, I'm usually just Web browsing, bbm, and listening to music. Lol that isn't to heavy is it?

I would love a Z30 to see if it really gets the battery life others say it gets

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-07-14 10:17 AM
180 ... 45678