LOL!!!!

In other words, "don't bother me with facts and screenshots, I've made up my mind!!!"

Okeydokey....

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    02-06-14 12:41 PM
    Comparing battery life is an exercise in futility. How you use your phone is not the same as how anyone else uses their phone. For those whining about how iOS reports battery life though, you really need to learn to read. It's pretty basic, here it is again for those who need to see things multiple times to understand them:

The device is awake if you�re on a call, using apps, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving email, or if an app refreshes in the background. View Standby to see the amount of time the device has been turned on since its last full charge, including the time the device has been asleep.
    Standby is how long the phone's been off the charger.

Usage is how long (in minutes/hours) the phone has been in use.
    If you receive a push email while the phone's in your pocket then yup, that's counted as usage. A whole 1/2 second or so of usage to be precise. It's not like it counts usage from the moment you receive the message until the moment you read it. It counts from the moment the push signal is received until the moment the phone gives you the notification. A few hundred emails might add a few minutes to the total "usage" number.
    02-06-14 12:43 PM
    Perhaps it is dependent on the specific iPhone your wife has. I am by no means an iPhone expert, but sometimes defective batteries and all that jazz happen, you know?

Either way, I am sure Apple will deal with that if it is something many users are experiencing.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-14 12:45 PM
    LOL!!!!

In other words, "don't bother me with facts and screenshots, I've made up my mind!!!"

Okeydokey....

What facts? What part of my post is it you don't understand? Those aren't facts at all, Apple's logic and definition of "usage" is complete BS. Essentially you could leave your iPhone in a desk for 24 hrs and it would still display 4 hrs of "usage", because it received some emails, texts and whatever else background processes it recorded during that time. Your iPhone's statistics are messed up and far from facts.

Via da ZeeTen
    02-06-14 12:48 PM
    If you need your z10 to last long just get a 4500mah battery guys. It's not that complicated. That's me all day today on the attached screen shot. Not even 50% yet with proper use and no skimping on anything. And you can ignore that 7 hrs left. Once I drop it now and it's idle it can change to show 20+ hours left.

It's the dogs nuts yo.
    My Z10 battery vs wife's iPhone 5-img_20140206_185009.png

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    02-06-14 12:55 PM
    What facts? What part of my post is it you don't understand? Those aren't facts at all, Apple's logic and definition of "usage" is complete BS. Essentially you could leave your iPhone in a desk for 24 hrs and it would still display 4 hrs of "usage", because it received some emails, texts and whatever else background processes it recorded during that time. Your iPhone's statistics are messed up and far from facts.

Via da ZeeTen
    OK.

You object to screenshots. So let's use anecdotal evidence.

I can charge my iPhone and use it almost a full 24 hours.

I charged my Z10 and it made it to lunch.

I can charge my Q10 and use it almost a full 24 hours.

Same usage.

Does that anecdotal description make you happier?

I'll use that.

kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    02-06-14 01:08 PM
    Let me add one screenshot from my Z10 usage, just for grins...

My Z10 battery vs wife's iPhone 5-img_20140206_142714.png

02-06-14 01:29 PM
    Wondering why one is trying so hard to prove the awesomeness of the 5s on a Blackberry forum?

Perhaps one should move on to other forums...
    02-06-14 01:39 PM
    Here is another.

Note the rate of discharge and the temperature.

As you can see, I DID have to keep charging it continuously otherwise I would not last the day.

Oh yah...that was with my standard usage.

My Z10 battery vs wife's iPhone 5-img_20140206_143644.png

02-06-14 01:39 PM
    Wondering why one is trying so hard to prove the awesomeness of the 5s on a Blackberry forum?

The OP made a comparison. I countered.

And I will go to any forum within Mobile Nations, since I've got a passport, as anyone else.

02-06-14 01:42 PM
    Turning off Link and Diagnostics has made no appreciable difference to my battery life. On 33% @ this time of day just like before I switched those 2 off.
    How long have you been running it with the settings turn off. Everyone here at work that have switched off these services report back battery life improvement. Can you leave the settings off for a few days and report back?
    02-06-14 02:18 PM
    The OP made a comparison. I countered.

And I will go to any forum within Mobile Nations, since I've got a passport, as anyone else.

Not too sure why I was quoted in your reply - surely you aren't presumptuous enough to assume that I was speaking about you.

Not everything is about you, though you do try hard around Crackberry to ensure that is the case.
    02-06-14 02:24 PM
    Not too sure why I was quoted in your reply - surely you aren't presumptuous enough to assume that I was speaking about you.

Not everything is about you, though you do try hard around Crackberry to ensure that is the case.
    Since you used the pronoun "one" and in that usage it can mean any person or any member of a similar group, I answered you because I was one of the group who countered the OP.

Perhaps quoting the person you are addressing, and using a pronoun other than an unassigned "one," would better clarify the poster you are addressing.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    02-06-14 02:49 PM
    No, it doesn't. Just look up Apple's very own definition of the term "usage" used on their battery statistics screen. ANY background processes, even passively receiving emails or SMS while the iPhone sits in your pocket, is counted as "usage".

In conclusion, just like I already assumed before, the stats the iPhone displays are complete BS. When I left work today, my Z10 was off the charger for 10 hrs and if I had to guess how much I "used" (by Apple's logic and definition) the phone throughout my work day, it was probably 4 hrs. So 4 hrs of "usage" (LMFAO) and 6 hrs of standby. Battery consumption guys: 22%. Yes. My Z10 just screwed the iPhone.

No seriously please stop posting these horribly inaccurate iPhone stats screenshots as a proof for anything related to 'usage', because no one in the world defines receiving an email as 'usage'. Please stop, I don't want see any more of these completely BSd iPhone screenshots, because your obviously false claims drive me seriously insane. And yet I am the one that's called 'delusional'. Please just face the fact that the Apple always spins things in their favor, and the battery stats monitor is yet another example.

Via da ZeeTen

My only question then is what does BB consider usage? because you got people that have posted Z10 screenshots saying their device should last another 2+ days and I know my Z10 has NEVER displayed anything over 12 hours.

I respect your opinion but while you are saying peoples screenshots arent accurate of the actual phone usage when it comes to the iphone, what do you say to people claiming to get 20+ hours on the regular when I can tell you that my battery is replaced two to three times a day? Seriously at school my battery is done after 5 hours and all im mainly doing is BBM, web browsing and listening to miusic which i honestly dont consider too heavy of tasks.
    02-06-14 03:12 PM

Perhaps one shouldn't make claims that can be disputed? Oh, not directed at you. Just replying why one might do what you asked.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-06-14 04:05 PM
    Perhaps one shouldn't make claims that can be disputed? Oh, not directed at you. Just replying why one might do what you asked.
    One (s) must stop the bickering,

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-14 04:24 PM
    No, it doesn't. Just look up Apple's very own definition of the term "usage" used on their battery statistics screen. ANY background processes, even passively receiving emails or SMS while the iPhone sits in your pocket, is counted as "usage".
    And how often do you think the phone is doing this? My email is set to check every hour. How long do you think that takes? That's a 10 sec tops (bad coverage) check every hour. I have no clue how often it checks for SMS, but I highly doubt it takes a while to scan, I have excellent coverage where I live/work.

The fact is in those screen shots I was streaming/playing music for almost a full work day and I was using all other phone functions as well. 9 hours of use is completely accurate.
    02-06-14 04:52 PM
    One (s) must stop the bickering,

Posted via CB10
    Ones view on bickering my be another ones view on discussion
    02-06-14 05:19 PM
    Alltimes Joke " Ip5s Battery Lasting For 9 Hours By Tweaking The Setting " LOL..

Posted from my large Z30 with CB10
    02-06-14 05:49 PM
    Ones view on bickering my be another ones view on discussion
    One(s) views have been deteriorating into accusations of lies / fabrication etc that's NOT a discussion, it's descended into the realm of bickering! One (s) should not let that happen, it's great that there is discussion but sickening when it reaches those depths.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 05:53 PM
    My goodness...we're still at this? I don't get why some people are trying to convince other that the Z10 gets superb battery life. It doesn't...it sucks. the iPhone 5 and 5s battery life isn't spectacular either but at least it's good.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-14 06:20 PM
    I get over 23 hrs per charge on my z30 with brightness turned up a quarter of way!. Apple has managed 10 hrs of battery over what almost 6 yrs? #GOODGOINGAPPLE

#ICHOOSEBLACKBERRY10
    #KeepMoving
    #BBM4ALL

IROC-Z30 But Mostly She Rocks Me!
    02-06-14 06:26 PM
    For those whining about how iOS reports battery life though, you really need to learn to read. It's pretty basic, here it is again for those who need to see things multiple times to understand them:

Standby is how long the phone's been off the charger.

Usage is how long (in minutes/hours) the phone has been in use.
    Standby according the the definition on the Apple website is the amount of time the phone has been on since it's last full charge including time asleep.

If it was just time off the charger, how is it that the phone is reporting 21 hours of standby when it has been just 9 hours since it has come off the charger?

Assuming the average user plugs their phone in at 10 p.m before going to bed, it achieves a full charge at midnight, it starts the timer at midnight even though the phone remains plugged to the charger and asleep till 6 a.m.

That's a full 6 hours of sleep time while plugged in and would be more in line with the usage and standby numbers that are being reported.

Getting back on track with the discussion, 9 - 10 hours of usage is certainly not bad on a smartphone. I get within that same range on my Z10 and I am totally satisfied with it.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 06:42 PM
    Standby according the the definition on the Apple website is the amount of time the phone has been on since it's last full charge including time asleep.

If it was just time off the charger, how is it that the phone is reporting 21 hours of standby when it has been just 9 hours since it has come off the charger?

Assuming the average user plugs their phone in at 10 p.m before going to bed, it achieves a full charge at midnight, it starts the timer at midnight even though the phone remains plugged to the charger and asleep till 6 a.m.

That's a full 6 hours of sleep time while plugged in and would be more in line with the usage and standby numbers that are being reported.

Getting back on track with the discussion, 9 - 10 hours of usage is certainly not bad on a smartphone. I get within that same range on my Z10 and I am totally satisfied with it.

Posted via CB10
    I think you're misunderstanding the documentation. Also, I don't know who has a phone that reports 21 hours of standby when only being off the charger for 9.

Phone was taken off the charger shortly after 8:30 this morning. Phone was fully charged at 10:00 pm last night by my bed side. Phone was used for at least 1 hour while in the charger before bed, and another 1/2 hour in the morning. It is not reporting ANY of that time used, it's only reporting the time since it was off the charger. This makes sense since the readings are specifically under the "battery usage" section.
    02-06-14 06:53 PM
    I get over 23 hrs per charge on my z30 with brightness turned up a quarter of way!. Apple has managed 10 hrs of battery over what almost 6 yrs? #GOODGOINGAPPLE

#ICHOOSEBLACKBERRY10
    #KeepMoving
    #BBM4ALL

IROC-Z30 But Mostly She Rocks Me!
    Yes...because measuring how long a company has been producing a product compared to the battery life it gets makes complete sense. Fine work there.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    02-06-14 06:53 PM
180 ... 34567 ...