You do realize that actually USING the devices with a lit screen consumes much more battery than streaming music over LTE?

Moreover, am I the only that finds the stats you and Qbnkelt posted about your iPhones a bit questionable? I mean you guys supposedly 'USE' your phones up 8 to over 9 hrs on a 24 hrs cycle according to your stats, so what does iOS really mean by the term 'usage'? When I talk about 'using' my device, I mean actually holding the phone in my hand, having the screen lit and actually doing something with my thumb on it or at least making a call. So a day has 24 hrs, 8 of which the majority of us is sleeping, which gives a daily timeframe where we actually can 'use' our devices of 16 hrs. How the heck are you guys able to actually spend 50% of the time you're awake on looking at your screens? I mean how does that make sense?

In conclusion, if my, as Apple seems to call it, 'usage' would mainly consist of phoning, audio listening and some other 'behind-the-curtains'-stuff that doesn't need a lit screen I would also get 10 hrs of 'usage' out of my Z10 I guess.

I plugged my Z10 off the charger 12 hrs and 39 minutes ago and consumed 60% battery over the day. The screen uptime alone (without the system, CPU or any other usage or component) accounts for one third of these 60%.

iPhone battery stats screenshots often seem too good to be true really. I recall the last Vergecast when Joshua Topolsky stated that he, as he recently tried out his iPhone 5S again, couldn't believe "how bad the iPhone's battery life actually is". I don't see where such statements can match the stats posted here, it seems like two completely different devices.

Via da ZeeTen
    Try again. I mean usage as in using the phone for phone calls and for messaging. Five email accounts, two push. One very active BBM group (Ambassador group) that is constantly getting messages plus my personal BBM messages. THAT is my usage. Phones, messages. I don't stream music, I listen to music on my phone.

So....are you claiming that I am manufacturing my usage? For what purpose? Would it make you feel better if I say that I also get over 24 hours on my Q?

Attachment 245186

So is that time also manufactured? Or is that time real because it's conveniently a BlackBerry and the other one inconveniently an iPhone?

I don't manufacture what I post. That is my usage. My Z10's battery life was atrocious and I posted about it. I also posted many times on the excellent life on my iPhone. And I posted screenshots. I also posted screenshots on the excellent life on my Q10.

I manufacture nothing.
    02-05-14 12:51 PM
    Another thing about battery life is that every user is different. Some just have email text and phone with the odd amount of time on CB.

Others use apps while others browse. Some have apps with push notifications while others don't.

There are days where my phone doesn't leave my hands because in doing a lot of work on it and my battery lasts 4 or 5 hours. Other times it gets minimal use Nd it lasts 12-14 hours.

I know this happens with iPhone and Android users as well so of course battery time varies.

What some people haven't figured out yet is that going from BBOS to BB10 is a huge difference. Z10 has bigger screen and the brightness needs to be altered for some. The keyboard is virtual so it takes battery life. BBM usage, texting, apps with push notifications, find friends selected on Facebook or LinkedIn can help drain too as it's going through your contacts all the time.

Some of these features I like and I'm willing to accept lower battery life for it.

I don't own or never have owned an iPhone or Android product so I don't know if they have similar features that can be turned off or on.

As one of the previous posters said sometimes it's turning off diagnostics and that can make a huge difference. One of my buddies likes to play games on his Z10 and complains about battery life.

I own two batteries and the charging pack so I'm prepared for those busy days and that's just the way the phone works. If you want a phone that lasts for days go back to the flip phones and play games and answer emails on your computer.

If we don't realize that we are all different types of users the CB forum will continue to be filled with BlackBerry battery life sucks posts.

Posted with my Z10
    02-05-14 01:04 PM
    Hey Q, our screeenshots are fake! Alert the press!

I guess hour iPhones were delivered by an extraterrestrial being with improved hardware and batteries yet seen in this sector of the galaxy.
    If only you were slightly funny. Face it, the battery is 1440 mAh. If you push it as hard as your Z10 the Z10 will last longer

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    02-05-14 01:21 PM
    If only you were slightly funny. Face it, the battery is 1440 mAh. If you push it as hard as your Z10 the Z10 will last longer

You have no clue about what you are talking about. Two different devices, two totally different beast.
    mikeo007, iN8ter and litig8or98 like this.
    02-05-14 01:23 PM
    Try again. I mean usage as in using the phone for phone calls and for messaging. Five email accounts, two push. One very active BBM group (Ambassador group) that is constantly getting messages plus my personal BBM messages. THAT is my usage. Phones, messages. I don't stream music, I listen to music on my phone.

So....are you claiming that I am manufacturing my usage? For what purpose? Would it make you feel better if I say that I also get over 24 hours on my Q?

Attachment 245186

So is that time also manufactured? Or is that time real because it's conveniently a BlackBerry and the other one inconveniently an iPhone?

I don't manufacture what I post. That is my usage. My Z10's battery life was atrocious and I posted about it. I also posted many times on the excellent life on my iPhone. And I posted screenshots. I also posted screenshots on the excellent life on my Q10.

I manufacture nothing.
    I can't see your most recent attachment.

But don't get me wrong - what I DO NOT assume here is that you guys faked or manufactured your screenshots. The question I raise is what does iOS in particular mean by the term 'usage' it displays in its battery stats?

Receiving messages and emails isn't a battery driver at all and I don't consider this 'usage'. 'Usage', and this actually heavily impacts your battery, is the moment you pick up your phone, read the message and reply. Phone calls are definitely 'usage', yes, but in my experience phone calls also aren't battery drainers by any means - they're very power efficient, especially since the screen is turned off.

The term 'usage' when talking battery statistics for me, as said, is actually holding the phone, having the screen lit and interacting with it.

Now to your claims, and this is the point: just because iOS lays out '9 hours of usage' doesn't mean you actually 'used' ('used' by my definition) for 9 hours. So bottom line is, the stats posted don't add to the discussion at all. Because if I were making, let's say, phone calls for 2 hours straight, I'd still have ~80-90% battery left on my Z10 I guess, depending on the wireless connection. But if, I on the other hand, were using the device with a lit screen for two hours straight, simultaneously surfing the web, reading and posting on CrackBerry and chatting with people through different channels, just like I do it right at this moment, I'd end up with maybe 50-60% battery left - at best. But, by iOS logic, both scenarios would have been laid out as '2 hrs of usage'.

But here's the clue: nobody can honestly claim that the Z10 barely lasts 8 hrs while the iPhone gives you 24+ hrs with the exact same use pattern (as avt123 stated). That's just beyond ridiculous.

Via da ZeeTen
    RedFoxOne and buwee like this.
    02-05-14 01:23 PM
    THIS ^^^^

But here's the clue: nobody can honestly claim that the Z10 barely lasts 8 hrs while the iPhone gives you 24+ hrs with the exact same use pattern (as avt123 stated). That's just beyond ridiculous.

Via da ZeeTen

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    02-05-14 01:28 PM

Via da ZeeTen
    It is what it is. Believe what you want. I use all of my devices the same way, and they all have different battery patterns. My Nexus and Z10 cannot last as long as my iPhone with the same usage, they both die in under 10 hours of on time.

I have no need to make anything up. I preordered my Z10 at 8am when VZW opened up preorders. I was in the 2000s on the list. I wanted the Z10 to work, the battery just can't cut it.
    02-05-14 01:38 PM
    3 hours is something really abnormal, although the iphone in general doesn't have a battery to write home about
    02-05-14 01:41 PM
    It is what it is. Believe what you want. I use all of my devices the same way, and they all have different battery patterns. My Nexus and Z10 cannot last as long as my iPhone with the same usage, they both die in under 10 hours of on time.

I have no need to make anything up. I preordered my Z10 at 8am when VZW opened up preorders. I was in the 2000s on the list. I wanted the Z10 to work, the battery just can't cut it.
    Then what's your point? Everyone knows Z10's battery is awful from day one. My Z10 can barely pass through 6 hours back then 10.0. But on 10.2.1, I have seen significant improvements. At work, I only use my phone when I have free time, but it's always on Mobile Hotspot, play music for about three hours, plays some games on break time, etc. And yet, it's still alive after almost 17 hours. Look, I'm not saying in generalities that Z10's battery was better than your iPhone, I'm just saying that for me, it had improved. If you hate your Z10 so much, don't use it.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-05-14 01:54 PM
    Then what's your point? Everyone knows Z10's battery is awful from day one. My Z10 can barely pass through 6 hours back then 10.0. But on 10.2.1, I have seen significant improvements. At work, I only use my phone when I have free time, but it's always on Mobile Hotspot, play music for about three hours, plays some games on break time, etc. And yet, it's still alive after almost 17 hours. Look, I'm not saying in generalities that Z10's battery was better than your iPhone, I'm just saying that for me, it had improved. If you hate your Z10 so much, don't use it.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    I think my point is pretty clear, and there is no need to go over it again.

I hate my Z10? I think about two or three posts ago in this thread I said I loved it, just not the battery life.
    02-05-14 02:03 PM
    I just, as said, am USING the Z10 for 3 hrs straight now, which means

- multitabbed browsing incl posting comments
    - CrackBerry app incl posting comments
    - WhatsApp
    - BBM
    - email
    - two phone calls 10 minutes each
    - listening to offline music
    - docs to go
    - settings app
    - picture gallery
    - calculator

I didn't lay down the phone the whole time, as said, made both phone calls via headset while keeping doing the other stuff mentioned above. I consumed 60% battery over the course of these 3 hrs (from 70 down to 10%). Prior to these 3 hrs I used the phone lightly at work throughout the day incl three downloads via LTE approx 120 MB in total. That period was from 6:45 in the morning (off charger) to 17:45 in the afternoon - so 30% battery over the course of 11 hrs prior to my 'heavy session' now.

Conclusion is I consumed 90% battery over the course of 14 hrs, three of which were heavy constant use of multiple apps simultaneously with the screen lit, me interacting with it. Really guys. How is this phone supposed to die within 8 or 10 hrs under normal circumstances, while the iPhone is supposed to keep this pace more than three times longer? I can only conclude that you, avt123, have a seriously broken Z10, or you spend most of your time with one certain application/use that drains the Z10 heavily while the iPhone not or you're simply lying. Although honestly I don't believe the latter.

Via da ZeeTen
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    02-05-14 02:07 PM
    I think my point is pretty clear, and there is no need to go over it again.

I hate my Z10? I think about two or three posts ago in this thread I said I loved it, just not the battery life.
    Alright, my bad. The battery life? Well, it's pretty okay for me. People have different usages.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-05-14 02:09 PM
    Alright, my bad. The battery life? Well, it's pretty okay for me. People have different usages.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Am I wrong or can we Z10 users even buy battery charger bundles on top of that for $25?

Honestly, I'm absolutely fine with the battery life of the Z10, but the fact that I can even boost it with a bundle (all problems solved - 3,600 mAh FTW!), completely kills this entire discussion.

Via da ZeeTen
    02-05-14 02:16 PM
    You have no clue about what you are talking about. Two different devices, two totally different beast.
    Huh, so the Z30 you admit has better battery life as its double the size, but you won't recognize the Z10 being 2100mAh vs the iPhone 1440mAh which is a significant 30% increase? No need to respond. I get it. Clearly you just take issue with the Z10 and are somehow misplacing the blame on the battery which in fact better than the iPhone battery?

02-05-14 02:22 PM
    My Z10 has had less-than-stellar days with battery performance. I'm not complaining, I want to get the Z30 anyway!!!
    02-05-14 02:45 PM
    My z10 lasts all day, her IPhone last 3 hrs then needs charging, looking at forums it's a problem on Iso 7. I have had no issues with my z10 at all since I got it in July.

Z10,Playbook
    Google 'iPhone shuts down'....you will find many pages on this....it does not seem to be a settings issue, as many are stating, but rather it may be a calibration and conditioning issue. ....is the phone shutting off while still showing a high charge %?....(ie, 20-30%)....if so,there are step by step procedures to reset the battery...basically, when the phone shuts off, plug into the charger until it turns on, unplug and let run down again, repeat steps until until phone shuts down at 1%, then charge for a minimum of 4 hrs....some say that doing the steps 2-3 times, corrects the problem, but some say it 'hangs' at a certain % for shutting off, and needs to repeat steps multiple times before correcting....have read that apple useful to recommend this process be done monthly...seems it works for most....my wife's iPhone shuts down at 30%...thus my research just this afternoon...will try to fix hers tonight /tomorrow ....

As a side note, iPhone users, take advantage of the Box cloud offering of 50 GB for life free storage...( sign up by February 15)...I'm not one to promote businesses, but this is a good deal...bummed I don't get it with my BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 02:54 PM
    Huh, so the Z30 you admit has better battery life as its double the size, but you won't recognize the Z10 being 2100mAh vs the iPhone 1440mAh which is a significant 30% increase? No need to respond. I get it. Clearly you just take issue with the Z10 and are somehow misplacing the blame on the battery which in fact better than the iPhone battery?

You are trying to compare devices with similar batteries, and I am saying just because one is a little bigger (Z10), that doesn't mean it should automatically have better battery life due to different OS, hardware, etc.. The Z30 has over double the battery power of the iPhone 5S. If it didn't get better battery life than the 5S (and less powerful hardware), there is something severely wrong with the software/hardware.

If the Z10 had the Z30s battery, I'm sure there wouldn't be an issue.
    02-05-14 02:56 PM
    My z10 lasts all day, her IPhone last 3 hrs then needs charging, looking at forums it's a problem on Iso 7. I have had no issues with my z10 at all since I got it in July.

Z10,Playbook
    I kinda have to call BS on this. Either your wifes iPhone 5 has some serious issues or something ain't right.
    My Z10 and my iPhone 5 are about the same... both arn't that great, but can get through most of the day. Usually needs charging at about 5pm when they get off the charger around 8am. My Nexus 5 blows them both outta the water. My Wifes iPhone 5, Son's iPhone 5 and Daughter's iPhone 5S are all about the same too.
    02-05-14 03:25 PM
    I laugh at the people who claim they can use their iphone all day. Look around the airports, malls, public places. You see teenagers walking around with the charger dangling from their phones. My daughter is always plugged in with her 5s. I just laugh. The z10 is a little better. The z30 buries the iphone completely. Day in and say out this beast just lasts.
    My Z10 battery vs wife's iPhone 5-img_20140201_195232.png

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 03:44 PM
    I don't stress over battery life because I can just do a battery swap with my Z10. If it was an issue, I would have kept my Q10 or spent $500 on a Z30.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-05-14 03:46 PM
    I'd say make sure you have all her data/info backed up/synced to the cloud or whatever your backup/syncing medium may be. Do a full factory reset on the phone. Use for a week, then report back.
    02-05-14 03:58 PM
    oooppps MY BAD. I didn't mean to get back to the topic of possibly assisting the OP with resolving his/his wife's phone issue. Back to debating Z10 vs iphone 5 vs iphone 5s vs Z30 vs Q10. Hey, how about that landing on the moon thing in the 60's? Bet cheerios taste better than cocoa puffs....Interracial marriages.
    collinc93 and Deu2e like this.
    02-05-14 04:04 PM

Z10,Playbook
    its time to upgrade her to the BB z10!
    02-05-14 04:09 PM
    I have a Z30 and a iphone 5S (free from work) but using Z30 with ballance because we have BES 10.2 or.3 server I used the phone for 2 days and sometimes i check it like a tamagotchi. I have the silver white 16Gb. but when using it like I do with my z30 ithe apple is gone battery dead around 12 o�lock . The feelt of the phone is like some kind weird plastic and all gesture and jumping up keyboard is nice but also frustrating in some way and why is the qucik setting menu weird purple and looks strange in comparing with the rest of ios 7. I have no clue why people like this phone and wtf is that with itunes. No hub, keyboard and gesture is better then ios7 with more apps
    02-05-14 04:46 PM
    Fyi- your photo says your phone was plugged in since last full charge which means your battery times are skewed...silly rabbit, tricks are for kids

BUSTED!! Lol.

Seriously though, people who think BB10 is a battery hog have never used anything but an old BlackBerry that got three days on a charge. One of my colleagues just upgraded from a 5S to a Z30, and he's blown away by the battery life (among other things).

I myself have found my Z10 to have better staying power than the Androids I used to use.
    02-05-14 04:54 PM
180 1234 ...