My z10 lasts all day, her IPhone last 3 hrs then needs charging, looking at forums it's a problem on Iso 7. I have had no issues with my z10 at all since I got it in July.

Z10,Playbook
    02-05-14 09:10 AM
    My colleagues with the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s all just switched to Samsung Galaxy S4 after the recent iOS 7 update. Lots of people don't like it. Oh and they've all seen and used my Q10 and think it's a joke. People have their preferences!
    Sheaner19 likes this.
    02-05-14 09:28 AM
    My z10 lasts all day, her IPhone last 3 hrs then needs charging, looking at forums it's a problem on Iso 7. I have had no issues with my z10 at all since I got it in July.

Z10,Playbook
    I would suggest that your wife review her settings.

This is not abnormal for my use.

That was last full charge. This is current full charge.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 02-05-14 at 09:33 AM. Reason: better description
    02-05-14 09:29 AM
    And to think that the Z10 has the worst battery life of BB10 devices, yet the iPhone was supposed to have an insane battery.
    02-05-14 09:30 AM
    Your wife needs to check her settings. There is either something wrong with her device or something going on with her apps/notification refreshes.

I have never heard of anyones iPhone 5 only lasting 3 hours unless they are streaming music on the highest quality while watching videos and doing a ton of browsing in between, all while having a bad mobile connection.

I have a 5S and can get up to 30 hours with moderate use, 20 (9 hours of actually use, 11 standby) with heavy use. The 5 should be able to get close to that or sometime better as Q showed above.

02-05-14 10:18 AM
    Yes my 5s battery life sucks big time it's worse than my Z10, (I'm surprised that op. Z10 lasts all day though)the ios 7 update made it (5s)even worse, thank goodness as I mentioned before I also carry a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 10:26 AM
    iPhone 5s has a 1570 mAh battery and iphone 5 has a 1440 mAh battery. Apple has always included small batteries with iphones.
    02-05-14 10:29 AM
    3 hours? It probably has something to do with the new OS or it has a defective battery.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-05-14 10:29 AM
    Yes my 5s battery life socks big time it's worse than my Z10, thank goodness as I mentioned before I also carry a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Check your settings. My Z10 barely lasts over 8 hours on a charge, even when closing active frames. I am able to stream music on my iPhone for longer than my Z10 can hold a charge with just simple messaging and browsing.

You may want to check your settings. I use close to 5GB (used 15 last month) of data a month, mostly on a mobile connection (LTE) and I have awesome battery life.
    02-05-14 10:31 AM
    Looking at iMore there are many complaints of battery life going down... But most are complaining about 7-12 hours not 3.

Also there is a lot of info there about different settings that can be adjusted.

The Z10 is no poster child for battery life...
    02-05-14 10:33 AM
    Check your settings. My Z10 barely lasts over 8 hours on a charge, even when closing active frames. I am able to stream music on my iPhone for longer than my Z10 can hold a charge with just simple messaging and browsing.

You may want to check your settings. I use close to 5GB (used 15 last month) of data a month, mostly on a mobile connection (LTE) and I have awesome battery life.
    You may want to check your settings also as I can get a maximum of 18 hours on my Z10 with just messaging, browsing, and CB; minimal usage. I'm always on H+ by the way. 4G LTE will eat your battery faster.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-05-14 10:35 AM
    I am rocking a iPhone 5 and Z10. iPhone 5 has still 8% battery and I charged it 24 hrs back. On the other hand, Z10 doesn't doesn't even last for 14 or 15 hrs
    02-05-14 10:49 AM

Thanks I will give it a go.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 10:51 AM
    You may want to check your settings also as I can get a maximum of 18 hours on my Z10 with just messaging, browsing, and CB; minimal usage. I'm always on H+ by the way. 4G LTE will eat your battery faster.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Do you use close to 5GB of data a month? 18 hours with minimal use is not what I am looking for. 18 hours with moderate to heavy use, and that's not something the Z10 is able to do (with my use).

I have check the settings since day one, no matter what leak or official update gets pushed, the battery life remains horrible. If I stream music for close to two hours on my Z10, I have close to 50% battery left. I have tried different batteries as well, so it's not my battery that is defective. I know two other people with the Z10 as well and they have the same story.

My iPhone is on LTE all day as well, so that it's the problem.
    02-05-14 10:59 AM
    Don't want to derail this thread but..

Can all the CB members that keep complaining about battery life on their z10s please turn off the BB Link in Settings and switch off the Diagnostics to BlackBerry in Security and Privacy. These are services that average users don't use all the time but contribute to the battery draining faster. There's like 2 camps on CB right now, those that swear the battery life is sufficient to last the whole day (12-15 hours under moderate use) and those that say the battery life sucks. I'm having a hard time figuring out how it could be both with all things virtually the same. It would be great if some of these members can report back if these battery draining services have been disabled on their z10 and the battery life still sucks or they have disabled these services and they've now noticed a significant improvement.
    02-05-14 11:10 AM
    My z10 lasts all day, her IPhone last 3 hrs then needs charging, looking at forums it's a problem on Iso 7.
    Did she have this phone pre-iOS 7? It could be an iOS 7 bug, but with that much power drain, it seems like it's more likely that she's in a bad cell signal area, and with any cell phone, if your signal from the tower is weak, the phone has to turn up it's own power a lot to keep in communication with it, or is constantly searching for a signal and reconnecting, and that will burn up battery life quick, no matter who made the phone or what OS its running.

If she had the same phone in the same place and long battery life before iOS7, then this won't be the issue, but if not, then this is likely what the issue is.
    02-05-14 11:18 AM

You do realize that using the actual phone with a lit screen consumes much more more battery than streaming music over LTE, right?

Via da ZeeTen
    mapsonburt likes this.
    02-05-14 11:19 AM
    Your wife needs to check her settings. There is either something wrong with her device or something going on with her apps/notification refreshes.

I have never heard of anyones iPhone 5 only lasting 3 hours unless they are streaming music on the highest quality while watching videos and doing a ton of browsing in between, all while having a bad mobile connection.

I have a 5S and can get up to 30 hours with moderate use, 20 (9 hours of actually use, 11 standby) with heavy use. The 5 should be able to get close to that or sometime better as Q showed above.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psrjhofewe.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psf4apo9fp.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psbzgxgmpr.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pswasp1eos.png
    Fyi- your photo says your phone was plugged in since last full charge which means your battery times are skewed...silly rabbit, tricks are for kids

Posted with my Q10 on Verizon from Philly
    mapsonburt likes this.
    02-05-14 11:29 AM
    You do realize that using the actual phone with a lit screen consumes much more more battery than streaming music over LTE, right?

Via da ZeeTen
    Of course. If you read what I posted in my other post, I said 2 hours of streaming on the Z10 (which keeps the screen off) and I have close to 50%. I get more screen on time with my iPhone.

Fyi- your photo says your phone was plugged in since last full charge which means your battery times are skewed...silly rabbit, tricks are for kids

I see you failed at viewing the other pics, or do you just see what you want to try and discredit someone?

I took that screen shot as I plugged in the device. You can see it is on the charger in the screenshot. Or did you fail at viewing that too? No tricks need to be played. The battery life is awful, its hard to dispute that when you even have a bunch of Z30 users who abandoned their Z10 due to awful battery life. Search the forums, it's all over the place.
    02-05-14 12:08 PM
    Of course. If you read what I posted in my other post, I said 2 hours of streaming on the Z10 (which keeps the screen off) and I have close to 50%. I get more screen on time with my iPhone.

I see you failed at viewing the other pics, or do you just see what you want to try and discredit someone?

I took that screen shot as I plugged in the device. You can see it is on the charger in the screenshot. Or did you fail at viewing that too? No tricks need to be played. The battery life is awful, its hard to dispute that when you even have a bunch of Z30 users who abandoned their Z10 due to awful battery life. Search the forums, it's all over the place.
    No, I'm not trying to discredit your photo. It's facts pal. On a standard iPhone battery it is impossible to get those hours, period. So you either cropped the other photos or you are using battery extender case. Listen up, I think it's awesome if you are getting that battery life! Seriously, I don't have a vested interest in seeing another person fail to have sufficient energy for their device. It's personal preference what you choose to use. That said, just be honest, that's all. Like I can be honest that AirPrint from iPhone and AirDrop are great features. See...I'm not trying to be an a**. Bottomline though is the iPhone can't compete with the Q10 or especially the Z30 from a battery perspective. It's a fact.

02-05-14 12:28 PM

You do realize that actually USING the devices with a lit screen consumes much more battery than streaming music over LTE?

Moreover, am I the only that finds the stats you and Qbnkelt posted about your iPhones a bit questionable? I mean you guys supposedly 'USE' your phones up 8 to over 9 hrs on a 24 hrs cycle according to your stats, so what does iOS really mean by the term 'usage'? When I talk about 'using' my device, I mean actually holding the phone in my hand, having the screen lit and actually doing something with my thumb on it or at least making a call. So a day has 24 hrs, 8 of which the majority of us is sleeping, which gives a daily timeframe where we actually can 'use' our devices of 16 hrs. How the heck are you guys able to actually spend 50% of the time you're awake on looking at your screens? I mean how does that make sense?

In conclusion, if my, as Apple seems to call it, 'usage' would mainly consist of phoning, audio listening and some other 'behind-the-curtains'-stuff that doesn't need a lit screen I would also get 10 hrs of 'usage' out of my Z10 I guess.

I plugged my Z10 off the charger 12 hrs and 39 minutes ago and consumed 60% battery over the day. The screen uptime alone (without the system, CPU or any other usage or component) accounts for one third of these 60%.

iPhone battery stats screenshots often seem too good to be true really. I recall the last Vergecast when Joshua Topolsky stated that he, as he recently tried out his iPhone 5S again, couldn't believe "how bad the iPhone's battery life actually is". I don't see where such statements can match the stats posted here, it seems like two completely different devices.

Via da ZeeTen
    alexwise likes this.
    02-05-14 12:29 PM
    No, I'm not trying to discredit your photo. It's facts pal. On a standard iPhone battery it is impossible to get those hours, period. So you either cropped the other photos or you are using battery extender case. Listen up, I think it's awesome if you are getting that battery life! Seriously, I don't have a vested interest in seeing another person fail to have sufficient energy for their device. It's personal preference what you choose to use. That said, just be honest, that's all. Like I can be honest that AirPrint from iPhone and AirDrop are great features. See...I'm not trying to be an a**. Bottomline though is the iPhone can't compete with the Q10 or especially the Z30 from a battery perspective. It's a fact.

Impossible, yet I am doing it.

Try harder please. The other screen shots show they aren't on the charger. What is your excuse for that?

I'm not lying, I have no reason to. I love the Z10, I just don't love the battery life. I own both device, it's a win win for me. I have absolutely no need to lie about anything.

Who is claiming the iPhone gets as good battery life as the Z30? It has double the battery size.
    mikeo007 and Rello like this.
    02-05-14 12:42 PM
    Hey Q, our screeenshots are fake! Alert the press!

I guess hour iPhones were delivered by an extraterrestrial being with improved hardware and batteries yet seen in this sector of the galaxy.
    02-05-14 12:44 PM

When you say "impossible" you are not taking into account my pictures. I haven't got a battery case on mine. Over 24 hours with over 9 hours use, including BBM with a very active group.

Are you saying that I'm not being honest with the two pictures I posted and with my usage?
    02-05-14 12:47 PM
    Hey Q, our screeenshots are fake! Alert the press!

I guess hour iPhones were delivered by an extraterrestrial being with improved hardware and batteries yet seen in this sector of the galaxy.
    Yah, I just read that it's impossible for me to have got the time I got.
    avt123 likes this.
    02-05-14 12:48 PM
180 123 ...