Hello! I connected my charger to my blackberry torch last night, and then i came back to it about an hour later, to find it said 'battery to low for radio use'. This was when i realised it had stopped charging, so then i did a battery pull, which seemed to make it worse, so i changed my charger, and then left it over night. It has been around 24 hours since it has turned on now, and the LED isn't even appearing anymore. I've also tried to connect it with a USB, and used the blackberry desktop software which i still haven't had any luck with. I've had my blackberry for 3 months now, and i haven't damaged it in anyway. It's just stopped working out of nowhere. I would be happy with any suggestions, thank you.
    03-25-12 04:28 PM
    Have you been using the OEM wall charger or an aftermarket one?
    03-25-12 04:41 PM
    What's an OEM charger? i've been using the one that came with my phone, which is a wall charger, i've also tried my usb charger, and my mum and brothers chargers which are both wall chargers, but nothing has worked. Thank you for your reply!
    03-25-12 05:10 PM
    When the phone is plugged into the wall charger those the batter icon on the phone screen showing a lighten bolt?
    03-25-12 05:21 PM
    I've never had an issue with charging but have noticed in the last week or so when I plug in i'm not seeing the lightning bolt. This doesn't happen often but when it does unplugging and plugging in again fixes it. Weird!
    03-25-12 07:37 PM
    Hello! I connected my charger to my blackberry torch last night, and then i came back to it about an hour later, to find it said 'battery to low for radio use'. This was when i realised it had stopped charging, so then i did a battery pull, which seemed to make it worse, so i changed my charger, and then left it over night. It has been around 24 hours since it has turned on now, and the LED isn't even appearing anymore. I've also tried to connect it with a USB, and used the blackberry desktop software which i still haven't had any luck with. I've had my blackberry for 3 months now, and i haven't damaged it in anyway. It's just stopped working out of nowhere. I would be happy with any suggestions, thank you.

I recently owned the 9860 and experienced two crashes. The first was correctable by restoring the software on desk top manager, the second time--not so lucky.

After re-booting my device due to the constant memory leaks, it decided to keep re-booting... over and over again. Never starting up again. I took the device in to the AT&T store and they sent me a new device under the warranty. Sadly, I ended up leaving Blackberry after 7 years of loyalty for the Motorola Atrix 2 (Android). I will be selling my newly sent BB 9860 and probably not look back (I will take a good look at the new BB10 device later this year--hopefully).

My use/need in a smart phone was always met with BB OSs but I can honestly say now... I get a little more embarrassed for RIM each day I use my new Droid device. It is TEN TIMES better than anything BB is doing right now. I use to think the whole "app" situation was overblown til experiencing it for my self. I have significant business needs in a smartphone and can say from EXPERIENCE that Android blows RIM devices away. There are so many different, high quality, business apps--I'm just overwhelmed with the freedom.

Not to mention the fact that my Atrix 2 has 8 GB of on-board memory, compared to that of my 9860's 1 GB. No more memory leaks, plenty of memory for high quality, useful apps, a beautiful, fast and rich experience.

I wanted to wait til the new BB10 devices came out this year before looking elsewhere but this last crash caused me to leave prematurely.

I hope this is helpful--not from a bashing BB kind of way, but from a constructive and comparative way--from a person that loved his BBs like the rest of 'em.

Best of luck!
    03-26-12 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD