Check it out and tell me what you think:
    Homotechual

It's my latest post:

Ok, So putting aside older Blackberry�s like the classic 8300 series, and 8100 series. I wanted to know out off all the latest Blackberry�s which one is the most superior. Looking at the top selling smart phones list from earlier this year, which had the Curve 8300 series in 1st as the top selling smart phones of the year. The Apple I phone came in 2nd, (which wasn�t a surprise to me like it was to everyone else since the Curve is on all the carriers and I phone is exclusive to one) The Blackberry Storm was 3rd, The Pearl took the 4th slot and T-Mobile's G1 took 5th. RIM must have been proud to see 3/5 of the phones belonging to them. Judging from that list, it looks like the Storm is the most popular new generation Blackberry. But does it make it the best? I don�t think so.

5) Blackberry 8520 (T-Mobile)- There is not much to be said Blackberry-8520 about this phone, In fact I think it�s pretty pointless, with neither 3G or GPS support and a screen with a resolution of 240x320 pixels. It doesn�t leave much to be desired. Still It will be a an affordable device for big business looking to get their employees on an enterprise server, and for teens looking to get a Blackberry. You still get a good solid Blackberry device, with a track pad which is a lot better then the trackball, and UMA which is my favorite feature on T-Mobile phones. The reason pointless comes to mind is once T-Mobile releases the 9700, the 8900 will get a price cut making it pretty darn affordable if it already has a price tag of $149 with a new contract. If T-Mobile wants to continue calling the 8520 the bargain berry of the pact then the only way I can see this working is if they offered the phone for FREE with a new contract.

4)Blackberry Tour (Verizon)- When I first heard of this phone, I blackberry-tour-9630 was ready to jump ship from my 8900 and get this phone. After spending a few days with the phone It doesn�t come near my 8900 nor the Bold as far as functionality goes. The size seemed it was right not as big and bulky like the Bold, but not to small either like the 8900. Yet I found the keyboard was harder to text on then the Bold and the 8900. Battery life is even worse, no Wi-Fi which Verizon reps will say is not needed with their incredible network LIES! I think is stupid because it will help with congestion on their network. The phone itself seems to feel cheap, and if you think the back on the 8900 is lose the one on the Tour is worse. Your also going to need to download a different browser but I have never liked the browser on any Blackberry. Also, make sure to play with the trackball before you leave the store, apparently the first batch of the Tour has trackball issues, but according to Verizon that problem is solved now. In conclusion if you really can�t stand the Storm then go with the Tour, other wise stick with the Storm or wait for the 8530 release.

3)Blackberry Storm (Verizon)- I was working for Verizon as a blackberry-storm1tech support rep in their stores when this phone was released. I think RIM should have perfected their first touch screen phone before they released it. It just wasn�t ready! Aside from not having Wi-Fi (earlier rumors argued it did), the phone was extremely slow. Plus being able to press the touch screen sounded cool but disappointed greatly. The hardware on the device I have to admit was fantastic, it wasn�t plastic the phone felt very solid in the hand, it was a tad heavier but I would rather have a solid metal feeling the Storm offered then a cheap plastic feel like most of RIM�s other devices. The problem with the storm was it didn�t bring anything new to the table that a touch screen device would. It was the same exact software you found on a qwerty Blackberry device. It also took RIM forever to release a software for the phone that actually made it bearable and even then I couldn�t settle for bearable. There�s a reason why The Storm 2 is on it�s way and it hasn�t even been a year since the release of the first!

2)Blacatt-blackberry-bold-ofckberry Bold (AT&T)- The one thing the Bold and the Storm had in common was how unique they were compared to RIM�S prior lineup of Curve�s and Pearl�s. The Storm was a touch screen and the Bold was a Curve on steroids. Bigger screen, way better resolution, and a very comfortable keyboard. Yes the phone was big, but the days of the Razor are long gone and people want more power in the phone then they do �thin�. The Bold was much faster then the Storm, and yes it also features Wi-Fi! Which made the phone a gem when browsing the internet on the bigger screen. People were stupid to choose the I phone over this mother.

1)Blackberry 8900 (T-Mobile)- I�ll be only reviewing the one on T-blackberry-8900-o2 Mobile since I haven�t had a chance to play with the AT&T variant which I'm assuming is the same. This was my first Blackberry device and after having the Bold, Storm, and Pearl Flip I have gone back to this one every time. Yes, it doesn�t have 3G and this was the biggest downfall of this phone. But the 8900 has won me in every category expect that one hence the reason why I've stayed loyal to the 8900. Battery life has been better then any Blackberry I have ever used, The UMA feature which allows you to make calls over Wi-Fi is incredible, Though it runs off of Edge when I loaded the same full html websites on my 8900 at the same time as my Bold running on 3G there was only a 2 second difference, and the keyboard though being a bit small is still as comfortable to text on as the Bold. They packed everything they could into this phone without adding on 3G. The speaker on it can be heard like you were standing next to it from a few feet away and call quality gets 5 stars. If your looking for a touch screen, bigger keyboard or simply can�t live without 3G then sure go for the Bold or the Storm. But, the 8900 is defiantly the best all around Blackberry you can find on the market right now. Plus T-Mobile's data plans are $5 less then AT&T and Verizon!
    09-27-09 05:18 PM
    Interesting points of view, not sure I fully agree, but then again I have not used each of these devices on an every day basis to formulate an opinion.
    09-27-09 05:22 PM
    Ill agree with the 8900 ranking at the top!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 06:06 PM
    Plus T-Mobile's data plans are $5 less then AT&T and Verizon!
    All around, a decent analysis. I posed the question in the VZW forum about where would you go if you couldn't have VZW, etc. I picked T-Mobile myself.

However, going to their web-site, it says BIS is $39.99/mo. BES is priced a penny less. Is this an error?

Also, I have a question about UMA (being on VZW, it's not a consideration), does UMA work with any WiFi connection you make, or does it have to be at a T-Mob hot-spot or @Home set up?
    09-27-09 07:05 PM
    8900 is #1! holla!
    09-27-09 07:42 PM
    The storm is definitely too high on that list for me & I'd put the Bold at #1.
    09-27-09 09:14 PM
    All around, a decent analysis. I posed the question in the VZW forum about where would you go if you couldn't have VZW, etc. I picked T-Mobile myself.

However, going to their web-site, it says BIS is $39.99/mo. BES is priced a penny less. Is this an error?

Also, I have a question about UMA (being on VZW, it's not a consideration), does UMA work with any WiFi connection you make, or does it have to be at a T-Mob hot-spot or @Home set up?
    Yes, BIS is higher and that's because of Blackberry themselves I believe. There is a way to get around that, if you get a google device like the Mytouch 3G it does support exchange and it's the same price for 24.99 for Data.
    As from as UMA goes, It works with most wireless routers I even went up to Canada and dialed back to the U.S only using my minuets because I was going off of UMA, didn't get any international charges. So yes it does work, but Tmobile doesn't gurantee unless it's with a hotspot router. But your phone will tell you if it is connected at UMA so you shouldn't have a problem not knowing.
    09-28-09 10:47 AM
    LOL, the Storm is decent when running on better software if I were going off of it's release software then it wouldn't touch the list.
    09-28-09 10:48 AM
    Its nice to now the other models cause I only got one and a newbie..
    09-28-09 10:54 AM
    Yes, BIS is higher and that's because of Blackberry themselves I believe. There is a way to get around that, if you get a google device like the Mytouch 3G it does support exchange and it's the same price for 24.99 for Data.
    As from as UMA goes, It works with most wireless routers I even went up to Canada and dialed back to the U.S only using my minuets because I was going off of UMA, didn't get any international charges. So yes it does work, but Tmobile doesn't gurantee unless it's with a hotspot router. But your phone will tell you if it is connected at UMA so you shouldn't have a problem not knowing.
    So, the T-Mobile data is less if it's not non-BlackBerry device. That's not really an apples-to-apples comparison. You were listing your five top BBs, then go on to day T-Mobile data is less. That's not, in fact, the case. I'm not trying to be "a-ha!!", but you left out a significant disparity.

Having said that, the MyTouch 3G does not support UMA to my knowledge. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Despite all that, I have had the opportunity to play with the 8900 and loved it. I'm still impressed with my Storm, even after 10 months of heavy use.
    09-28-09 02:47 PM
    That was a good review on all the devices I have the bold now as my primary phone but my first berry was also the 8900 and I loved that phone. The only reason I gave it up was to venture to some other devices. Now I'm on the bold and will be keeping this phone for a long time to come but I agree, the 8900 is the best overall blackberry.

09-28-09 03:02 PM
    It seems like this was all the top 5 of brand new devices...seems slightly biased to me.
    09-28-09 04:45 PM
    So, the T-Mobile data is less if it's not non-BlackBerry device. That's not really an apples-to-apples comparison. You were listing your five top BBs, then go on to day T-Mobile data is less. That's not, in fact, the case. I'm not trying to be "a-ha!!", but you left out a significant disparity.

Having said that, the MyTouch 3G does not support UMA to my knowledge. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Despite all that, I have had the opportunity to play with the 8900 and loved it. I'm still impressed with my Storm, even after 10 months of heavy use.
    No, thats not what I said. When it comes to BIS the prices are going to be the same across all the carriers. But a normal Blackberry data plan will be $5 cheaper then all the carriers even on Blackberrys. Mytouch does not support UMA.
    09-29-09 12:42 AM
    It seems like this was all the top 5 of brand new devices...seems slightly biased to me.
    Yes it was, I don't see how that is biased but ok.
    09-29-09 12:43 AM
    I think my next phone will be an 8900. I like what i've seen about it, and would be an awesome step up from an 8320.
    09-29-09 02:58 AM
    I think my next phone will be an 8900. I like what i've seen about it, and would be an awesome step up from an 8320.
    That is a very great choice for an upgrade!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-29-09 03:00 AM
    Yes it was, I don't see how that is biased but ok.
    i died with laughter when i read these two posts...biased? i think not lol

but anyway i think this was a solid post...however after using all of these devices i would say: #5Curve(8520) #4Tour #3 Storm #2 Javelin(Curve8900) #1 Bold
    Last edited by Propa; 09-29-09 at 07:12 AM.
    09-29-09 07:07 AM
    I would have to agree 100% with this, Storm is too high and Bold should be ranked one and then the 8900...

But in order to make a list like this you would have to have owned each device and used them for at least a week or two to really make a comparison and choose wich are best...I had the 8900 for about a month before I sold and I also had my Bold at the same time, I jus love the performance and overall use better than the 8900...
    09-29-09 08:03 AM

I'm on tmo and I pay $34.99 for bis with unlimited data and text. I could pay $24.99 for unlimited data and 400 texts. There's the price difference for bb on tmo. However, those prices are with voice plans only. Without a voice plan, the data price goes higher.

09-29-09 09:39 AM
    i died with laughter when i read these two posts...biased? i think not lol

but anyway i think this was a solid post...however after using all of these devices i would say: #5Curve(8520) #4Tour #3 Storm #2 Javelin(Curve8900) #1 Bold
    Do you know the meaning of biased? Its cool to make an article posting the top 5 blackberrys, but I would think it would be top 5 of all time, not just the latest releases. Because if thats the case...then that basically IS all the latest BB releases. The only one actually missing is the Pearl Flip of new BB devices.

The storm makes the list, yet is the most riddled with issues...but the Curve doesn't make the list and its still one of the best-selling smartphones.
    09-29-09 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD