Okay, so Kevin said they need to focus on the one phone (full touch) at the time of launch.

If bb10 sees the light of day, I think they should have at least 3 models available immediately and on every carrier possible including the prepay ones. Flagship full touch, flagship qwerty, and one or two cheaper alternatives using the hardware they spec'd out already. They need to cover all of the bases with this launch, there is no more time for screw ups or delays. They need to make bb10 accessible to anyone and everyone.

Wake up RIM, You've got one shot at this.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    07-01-12 05:56 PM
    I don't think RIM's going to be dead if they don't release BB10 at all. In fact, it's been my opinion that they never should have bought QNX or wasted any of their time with QNX, a tablet, or BBX / BB10 at all.

Announcing a magical platform that they wouldn't release for years did kill off a huge percentage of their potential sales and wasted a ridiculous amount of money in R&D. RIM was already pulled out back and shot in the head by Apple and Google. They should have focused on emerging markets, data compression, expanding BBM and other services across platforms, and enterprise + management software for all smartphones.

To think BB10 is a make it or break it and it needs to launch perfectly for RIM I think is unrealistic and also unfair to RIM. It could very easily be argued they did this to themselves though w/ their PR idiocy.
    Last edited by rdkempt; 07-01-12 at 06:06 PM.
    07-01-12 06:02 PM
    Yep. Forget the consumer market. Do what you do best, and that's Enterprise for business.
    07-01-12 06:06 PM
    The suck part is, bb10 is all they have left. They didn't develope any new os7 devices, and do not have a back up plan. At least nothing they announced or told you employees about. Personally I'm sick of the half-arsed attempts, they need to go big or go home at this point. The pb is a great product stuck with software that can't compete with their own phones let alone anything else out there in terms of functionality.
    07-01-12 06:08 PM
    H20work is right except the flagship phone should be the one with a physical keyboard like the current flagship 9900/9930.
    07-01-12 06:09 PM
    Yep. Forget the consumer market. Do what you do best, and that's Enterprise for business.
    What percentage of the enterprise market wants a qwerty device? Why alienate them at release?
    07-01-12 06:10 PM
    I think RIM has a much bigger market share in Enterprise than they do in the Consumer market. Not sure on the figures, but it's something like 23% against 3%.
    07-01-12 06:12 PM
    Okay, so I'll ask again. Why alienate the enterprise users who want a qwerty device if that's going to be your core focus?
    07-01-12 06:21 PM
    again i repeat now in this forum go look at Tactus thats where you find your most amazing QWERTY answer

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 until my kick a$$ BB10 is released ! I'm stickin with RIM til one of us dies
    07-01-12 06:26 PM
    Okay, so I'll ask again. Why alienate the enterprise users who want a qwerty device if that's going to be your core focus?
    Um, where did I say to not make a QWERTY device? I said forget Consumer markets, and concentrate on Enterprise. Pretty sure Enterprise people can handle a QWERTY device and a full touch screen device.
    07-01-12 06:28 PM
    Oh, but if I were going to make a device for Enterprise I'd do what RIM have done for 10 years. NOT worry about the Enterprise users - just do what the CIO's want. Screw the end user.
    07-01-12 06:29 PM
    My point was they should have both options available at launch. I never said anything about targeting the consumer market. Just that they put everything into bb10 and that they need every available option available.
    07-01-12 06:31 PM
    again i repeat now in this forum go look at Tactus thats where you find your most amazing QWERTY answer
    This makes the assumption that the Tactus system will be some sort of one size
    filts all solution.

Innovative as it is I can assure you there will be legions that find it anything BUT amazing.
    07-01-12 06:34 PM
    Um, where did I say to not make a QWERTY device? I said forget Consumer markets, and concentrate on Enterprise. Pretty sure Enterprise people can handle a QWERTY device and a full touch screen device.
    Excellent suggestion, thanks for the constructive answer
    07-01-12 06:38 PM
    This makes the assumption that the Tactus system will be some sort of one size

filts all solution.

Innovative as it is I can assure you there will be legions that find it anything BUT amazing.

i am in total agreement there on the idea that it wont be for everyone myself included i am a full on touch user buttons are hard for me big thumbs and i am ALL thumbs lol

it does seem like it will be adaptable for basically any use though

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 until my kick a$$ BB10 is released ! I'm stickin with RIM til one of us dies
    07-01-12 07:07 PM
    The enterprise market dont really care what OS they are using. As long as their products work and do the job they are intended for. The market that cares is the market of smartphone users that are using their mobile devices for games and movies.

Every business person i know uses a OS7 bold and they couldnt give a rats behind what features the OS has. All they care is that they are easily able to write and send e mails and are able to get them as soon as possible.

Bottom line they market that cares is the market into shiney things and thats mostly women or teens/college folk. And wouldnt you know it, thats the market apple dominates
    07-01-12 11:44 PM
    Have you heard of BYOD? That's a trend RIM won't be able to stop.
    07-01-12 11:54 PM
    The enterprise market dont really care what OS they are using. As long as their products work and do the job they are intended for. The market that cares is the market of smartphone users that are using their mobile devices for games and movies.

Every business person i know uses a OS7 bold and they couldnt give a rats behind what features the OS has. All they care is that they are easily able to write and send e mails and are able to get them as soon as possible.

Bottom line they market that cares is the market into shiney things and thats mostly women or teens/college folk. And wouldnt you know it, thats the market apple dominates
    I think you're right. Lowe's purchased 42,000 iPhones for their employees (which are only women and teenagers/college folk) so they could have shiney things that play games and movies: Lowe's Purchases 42,000 iPhones for Employees

....? :S

Want a list of 50 other corporations that are now using iPhones and Andoirds too?

The corporation I work for requires the use of Android or iOS because none of the other platforms allow us to use our line of business apps on the mobile while we're on the road (ConnectWise, LabTech, etc...). We used to be BlackBerry only until these extremely powerful productivity business apps that a lot of enterprises are adopting became so widely available for the applications we use. I can't even imagine a world where I'm only using my smartphone for Email and calls - I guess a lot of businesses are still WAY behind the productivity curve.
    Last edited by rdkempt; 07-02-12 at 12:54 AM.
    07-02-12 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD